RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

KSU 72, Texas 69 - F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/10/05 11:27 pm    ::: KSU 72, Texas 69 - F Reply Reply with quote

After being down 17-0 at the beginning. Now we'll see what they can do against Baylor.

PostPosted: 03/10/05 11:29 pm    ::: Re: KSU 72, Texas 69 - F Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
After being down 17-0 at the beginning. Now we'll see what they can do against Baylor.

Well, be my guest and kick their butt, we Tenn fans, really have no love for Kim Sulky...

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/10/05 11:38 pm    ::: Re: KSU 72, Texas 69 - F Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:

Holy flying cats.

Taken as a whole that's arguably the most exciting game I've watched all year, despite or because [watch out: here comes some regional bias on my part] neither team consistently played the kind of defense we see up here in the Big Ten.

The last time I watched a whole game (not half a game) with Texas, it was Texas at UConn, and Texas didn't seem to play together; they really wanted to win but had trouble finding each other, and really had trouble with UConn's posts. UConn is a much better defensive and rebounding team than K-State-- UConn has way more size and more aggression-- but...

...K-State used to be a team with Ohlde and two players who could shoot the lights out. We saw the Gophers dismantle them up here last year, because (like this year's Ohio State) K-State were a team with a plan B but no plan C: stop Koehn's three-point shooting, body Ohlde out of position and generally make her miserable, and you were left with Kendra Wecker trying to win a game almost by herself. K-State here fell way behind early and never really threatened.

It seems to me that this game was the 'Cats revenge for that one. Jamie Carey absolutely shut down Koehn, who finished with 3 points, and they don't have an interior player who stand up to Tiffany Jackson. But it didn't matter: their role players took and made shots, a lot, MacIntyre and Mahoney and Madden did enough and almost never lost focus, Wecker showed up more as the game wore on, and Texas seemed to believe they were bound to win it by virtue of what happened twenty minutes before right up until they lost the lead. What an incredible effort by Patterson's team. (I do feel bad for the hardworking Carey.)

I sense a Longhorn fan coming to tell me that had Nina Norman played Texas would have won. Sure.

In the next twenty-four hours I predict pilight will tell us whether 17-0 is the biggest initial lead in a conference semifinal (the longest one team has held the other scoreless from tip-off) and whether from 17 down is the largest comeback in a major-conference semifinal. I also predict Voepel will write another very good piece about her favorite team. I hope her next deadline falls before the conference final, because it won't feel the same for 'Cats fans if Baylor win.

Last edited by accommodatingly on 03/11/05 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Ballwinner

PostPosted: 03/11/05 12:28 am    ::: Wow, Wildcats, wow Reply Reply with quote

I cannot offer any great insight--I am simply amazed. I know that KSU sometimes takes awhile to get going but spotting Texas 17 pts is rather generous.

PostPosted: 03/11/05 1:29 am    ::: Re: Wow, Wildcats, wow Reply Reply with quote

Ballwinner wrote:
I cannot offer any great insight--I am simply amazed. I know that KSU sometimes takes awhile to get going but spotting Texas 17 pts is rather generous.

methinks they just want to make sure the fans don't leave the game early. With KSU one never knows for sure till the game is over.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/11/05 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn! I turned the game off. I was tired and figured it was going to be a blow out!

pilight

PostPosted: 03/11/05 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Damn! I turned the game off. I was tired and figured it was going to be a blow out!

Apparently you haven't seen Texas play much, they blow big leads all the time.

PostPosted: 03/11/05 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Apparently you haven't seen Texas play much, they blow big leads all the time.

Yeah, I forgot. Dani had practice last night, so I was worn out from watching her. Very Happy

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/11/05 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

that's why there is tivo. Wink

DblT81

PostPosted: 03/11/05 9:09 pm    ::: Re: KSU 72, Texas 69 - F Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
In the next twenty-four hours I predict pilight will tell us whether 17-0 is the biggest initial lead in a conference semifinal (the longest one team has held the other scoreless from tip-off) and whether from 17 down is the largest comeback in a major-conference semifinal.

I don't know about a conference semi-final but in a Sweet 16 matchup in 2000 between Notre Dame and Texas Tech, ND started out 17-0 and then Texas Tech came back to tie it up at 17-17. Texas Tech won 69-65.

http://texastech.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/032500aaa.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: