RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New deal...end of the week?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:12 am    ::: New deal...end of the week? Reply Reply with quote

Variation on the Holdsclaw for Dixon and Milton deal. Now the proposed deal is Holdsclaw for Milton and the Sparks' first round pick.

On paper, the trade looks to favor Los Angeles. But I have doubts about Holdsclaw fitting in with Beard. If healthy, Milton is a much better fit. And will Holdsclaw be happy if she isn't the focus of the offense.

One caveat...Penny Toler has been known to not follow on trades, even after the players have been notified. Will she follow through?

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:16 am    ::: Re: New deal...end of the week? Reply Reply with quote

Tamecka Dixon isn't of much use to the Mystics and the pick is cheaper.

Edit: I repeat Cam's concerns. Ever redundant I am Wink

Oh yeah one more thing. Will LL be less effective with no D-Nasty in the post? Christi Thomas is potentially a fellow enforcer in training but the playoffs exposed the Sparks' mental weakness without D-Nasty.

Last edited by Keegan on 03/09/05 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:32 am    ::: Re: New deal...end of the week? Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

On paper, the trade looks to favor Los Angeles. But I have doubts about Holdsclaw fitting in with Beard. If healthy, Milton is a much better fit. And will Holdsclaw be happy if she isn't the focus of the offense.

I think Claw will do what ever is needed from her, I have not given up on the Claw, I also think she might actually relish the opportunity to play on a team, where she didn't and isn't expected to carry the load every night.

Does she have problems with her teammates? I don't remember reading much if any ill words from her teammates.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dixon would not have complemented Beard the way Milton will. From that standpoint, the trade may be better. But who can the Mystics get at #13 that will help them? Angelina Williams?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Does she have problems with her teammates? I don't remember reading much if any ill words from her teammates.

I was referring to on-court chemistry problems, not personality problems.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

We'll see, if and when it happens. I really just want to see her play again, and enjoy it. She's one helluva a player and pretty much poetry in motion when she's on.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

We'll see, if and when it happens. I really just want to see her play again, and enjoy it. She's one helluva a player and pretty much poetry in motion when she's on.

I second those sentiments. Chamique is one of the finest basketball players in the history of the game, and I hope we can all see her tearin' up the courts this summer (just not against Phoenix & CT).

I've got a question. First off, though, I just want to clarify that I'm not starting a Diana vs. Alana war, I just want to see what people think.

Would Diana have been a better fit with Chamique than Alana, due to the difference in positions/playing style?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think The Diana with Chamique would be absolutley UNREAL!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Questionable. I am not sure if anyone would have been able to help Chamique with her depression last season. But Taurasi is more comfortable playing the point than Beard, so arguably she would have been a better fit.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/09/05 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I think The Diana with Chamique would be absolutley UNREAL!

So do I. I think they would have been great together.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Questionable. I am not sure if anyone would have been able to help Chamique with her depression last season. But Taurasi is more comfortable playing the point than Beard, so arguably she would have been a better fit.

I agree in that no one would have been able to help Chamique with her emotional issues. I just think that maybe Diana would have been the better fit in regards to position/playing style. I guess we'll never know.

It would be awesome to see Chamique & Diana in the starting lineup for the Western Conference All-Stars.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/09/05 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just realized I didn't really get the question. (Alana or The Diana w/ D.C.)
I agree with cam - Chamique's depression is a separate issue.

I think whether it's Dixon or a draft pick, Mystics fans should not underestimate DeLisha and how well the team will do with her.

If Coop goes back to L.A. then the chemistry will probably come together for the Sparques more quickly than if a new coach comes in. To beat that team you will need speed and depth - Phoenix

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix and speed? Surely you jest! Wink

However Phoenix will have the firepower to keep up with with L.A. Kamila has shown in the past that she can give LL a good tussle.
Alepp03

PostPosted: 03/09/05 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd say if the trade involved Dixon, a three-way could be worked. Dixon coule be sent, God, I don't know, maybe to the ABL or something, so like maybe I would never have to watch her play again...

Yes, it is safe to assume that she is my least favorite player in the league over the last 8 years.

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:36 am    ::: Re: New deal...end of the week? Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Tamecka Dixon isn't of much use to the Mystics and the pick is cheaper.

Edit: I repeat Cam's concerns. Ever redundant I am Wink

Oh yeah one more thing. Will LL be less effective with no D-Nasty in the post? Christi Thomas is potentially a fellow enforcer in training but the playoffs exposed the Sparks' mental weakness without D-Nasty.

I'm not sure how much of an effect Milton-Jones absence will have on Lisa's game, since Lisa won the MVP and Defensive POY without her in the lineup. However, from a team standpoint, this does put more pressure on Leslie to carry them.

I think Lisa will do what she needs to do to help her team succeed. The question is, how will Mique choose to fit in. It's up to her, 'cause Lisa could play and win with anyone. She doesn't have to score to impact a game; Mique does.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 6:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cam, you have freaked VeProf out.

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=766&threadID=1401689&lastPostID=7344916

Laughing Laughing Laughing
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/09/05 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Peeps, Holdsclaw is a top rebounder, much better than D-Nasty at that and when it comes to scoring and taking over games, they are not even in the same universe. I ignore those who say she doesn't like to mix it up. You can't lead the league in rebounds without being there and being tough.
LL and Holdsclaw on the same team...just might as well engrave the name on trophy and the rings. That would have to be Linda Hargrove, I can't believe Summit is THAT stupid.

PostPosted: 03/09/05 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think either way, Dixon's as good as gone, I just hope that her possibly being taken out of this deal doesn't validate the idea that she's going to be hanging out with FFO. I'm praying that's just some crazy rumor [since I didn't hear it from the FBC] even if it does supposedly make way for a new member of the Libs Retirement Village. This Holdsclaw-Milton-Jones deal looks good on paper, and has been attractive to Penny since Delisha went down and Mique got depressed and distressed with DC, but Delisha was/is the undeniable glue to the Sparks. They ave a glutton of players that can play pf, but none, including Mique bring Delisha's intangibles. If after 10 games, the Sparks new cast of characters can find some chemistry, they'll be great since Holdsclaw brings you all the things Delisha and 95% of the league can't and prevents the team from having to rely on the inconsistent Tealsey too heavily.

However from the Sparks point of view, I'd give up Thomas, Macchi, Whitmore, Dixon or Mabika [Mwadi - only to a team in the east] before I gave up Milton-Jones. Then again, Milton-Jones is probably the best player in the league that the Mystics actually have a chance at getting for Holdsclaw and makes them a legitimate contender in the east while FFO sits back and watches with Yo's stats in her hand debating whether to pull the trigger. Either swim or get out of the water, FFO.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/09/05 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh my...he really is facact!

Quote:
The WNBA needs to investigate the Mercury Front Office for intentionally spreading rumors on trades of other teams players through a mouth piece.

What the Mercury are doing here seems to be intentionally trying to cause friction between another team and it's players.

Somebody in the Mercury Front Office should lose their job and the Mercury team should lose the #3 Pick in the 1st round of the 2005 WNBA Draft as a fine.

This is all I am going to say about it in this thread, now if some of you want to jump in and make a comment on this matter feel free to do so.

CYA VeProfessor

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/09/05 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Oh my...he really is facact!

Now tell him to remove his head from his tuchus!

pilight

PostPosted: 03/09/05 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pardon me while I yawn.

We've heard this "Dixon's as good as gone" and "Mique trade imminent" every year since at least 2001. When the deal's done, I'll believe it. In the mean time, it's just SOS.

PostPosted: 03/09/05 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is part of the problem of dealing with Penny Toler...

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 03/09/05 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like I said on the other board,

"...This is still Penny "actually, no wait a minute, on second thought" Toler we're talking about..."
wnbafan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, accuse me of using the frangrance "Denial", but I won't believe it until it happens (like Pilight). And if it does, bring me some tissues.

I don't want to route for DNasty.

PostPosted: 03/09/05 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Then don't navigate. Smile

Milton is one of the best defenders in the league (and one of the most versatile). I would take her on my team, cheese knees and all.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/09/05 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

Then don't navigate. Smile

Yeah, the correct word is "root", and incidentally it should never be used in the same sentence as "I don't want to"

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: