RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ceal Barry's last game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DblT81

PostPosted: 03/08/05 7:50 pm    ::: Ceal Barry's last game Reply Reply with quote

Ceal Barry's Colorado Buffaloes led the entire game in the first round of the Big 12 tournament against #18 Iowa State. Correction - almost the entire game. The Buffs led 62-61 with 16 seconds remaining and had possession of the ball. They ran the clock down but passed the ball in lane to one of the youngters on the team who attempted an uncontested layup. She missed it. ISU rebounded and hit a 3 pointer with 0.2 seconds remaining for the 64-62 win.

In the end, the Buff's youth and inexperience messed up their great effort to give Ceal one more win and one more day to sit on the bench.

I hate to see her go. She is one of the good ones.

sbjules

PostPosted: 03/09/05 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I hate to see her go. She is one of the good ones.

Me too. I really admire her.

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 03/10/05 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How much do you think the university's scandals played into her decision? FSN Midwest has done a great job honoring Coach Barry during the Big12 tourney. When discussing her decision, Barry mentioned that CU was going in a new direction with a new AD & president. I certainly don't think she's done with the game, and I wouldn't be surprised to find her returning to coaching.

My dream would be for Barry to come to St. Louis University. SLU is working to get a new on-campus arena and will jump to the Atlantic 10 next season. It would play into my obsession with the '96 US Olympic Team when SLU plays Dawn Staley's Temple.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: