RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

It's a Good Thing I'm Not a Rutgers Fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/08/05 7:16 pm    ::: It's a Good Thing I'm Not a Rutgers Fan Reply Reply with quote

If so, I would seriously be upset at the foul situation. A few times, the RU players have gotten hacked in the post...no call. Those calls are being made for UConn.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/08/05 7:22 pm    ::: Re: It's a Good Thing I'm Not a Rutgers Fan Reply Reply with quote

Just to clarify: it's not the reason Rutgers is losing. UConn looks sharp and Rutgers can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/08/05 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well that was quick Wink
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/08/05 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Well that was quick Wink

I was saying that because I was afraid someone was going to come bite my head off for being objective. Rutgers hasn't been given a few calls that they should have been.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/08/05 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Keegan wrote:
Well that was quick Wink

I was saying that because I was afraid someone was going to come bite my head off for being objective. Rutgers hasn't been given a few calls that they should have been.

I think you misinterpreted my comment. I was referring to the fact that the game is probably over!
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/08/05 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Keegan wrote:
Well that was quick Wink

I think you misinterpreted my comment. I was referring to the fact that the game is probably over!

Oh. Sorry. I haven't had enough after-dinner coffee.

njjosh

PostPosted: 03/08/05 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is UConn finally finding itself? Or are Notre Dame and Rutgers really overrated?

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/08/05 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're at home and will be for the first two rounds (ugh). Sweet 16 will be interesting.
KatValeska

PostPosted: 03/08/05 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heck, if this is UConn looking good at home -they're in a heap of trouble when they hit the raod. RU is playing one-on-one slopballl. I keep thinking RU plays like UNC -only instead of maybe the best rebounding team in the nation -they're one of the worst.

KatValeska

PostPosted: 03/08/05 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, "Second-half Annie" just sealed it away for the Huskies with five some minutes left in the game. She should drive to the basket more often.

Turned the game off. I can't take another minute of it. If I want to see what Rutgers is doing on offense I can go to any outdoor court in town and watch it all day long. Horrific!

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/08/05 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
Is UConn finally finding itself? Or are Notre Dame and Rutgers really overrated?

I think it's a little of both, early on they were bad even at home.

I was a little bummed to look at my updated rankings and see that they now have Tennessee and Connecticut as the top two teams that have already sealed away tickets to the dance (assuming UConn doesn't suddenly collapse?) and that they are both essentially hosting... same ol same old I guess Sad

http://www.crazyhostingdeals.com/rank.html

(of course this is on the heels of my ranking going less than 50% yesterday 8-9 Sad so maybe it's just the system at all that Smile )

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/08/05 9:27 pm    ::: Rutgers and UNC Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers looked ugly even once they started making some shots. It's like they're allergic to assists or something: no halfcourt sets, everything one-on-one, the only effectiveness in fast breaks off turnovers. Is that how they normally play? (They didn't look quite that selfish against OSU, the only other Rutgers game this year I've seen.)

ProfChaos, I see what you mean about UNC, but does UNC need to press for 38 minutes in order to initiate its offense? Rutgers apparently does.

UConn hasn't changed much in the past couple of months. (Memo to Nicole Wolff: SHOOT THE BALL.) I was afraid of a double-digit collapse, but UConn beat the press just enough to keep the margin comfy.

njjosh

PostPosted: 03/08/05 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was very disappointed by Rutgers. Once again, they come up small offensively. When will Vivian Stringer realize that, as important as defense is, you can't win the national championship unless you have something resembling a credible offense? You can't win the national championship when you're hard-pressed to score 60 points against quality teams.

UConn appears to be peaking heading into the NCAA Tournament. So is Tennessee. So much for all the parity people were talking about.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/08/05 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
I was very disappointed by Rutgers. Once again, they come up small offensively. When will Vivian Stringer realize that, as important as defense is, you can't win the national championship unless you have something resembling a credible offense? You can't win the national championship when you're hard-pressed to score 60 points against quality teams.

UConn appears to be peaking heading into the NCAA Tournament. So is Tennessee. So much for all the parity people were talking about.

CVS may have coached, or not coached, the worst game I've ever seen tonight. She made no attempt to stop the one on one play by Ajavon and Cappie from the beginning, and let them run the offense into the ground. They are tremendous players, but unless your name is Jordan you can be stopped when everyone in the building knows you're going to take the shot. Just awful.

Regarding UConn peaking, they played well most of the tourney, and are on a winning streak, but they played like crap tonight in the second half. The point guard play is going to be the death of this team, and the cause of Geno going gray. And I'm a UConn fan!

Now here's my question. Did anyone see the end of the game? Cappie looked irritated and had what looked like fairly heated words with Geno (or at Geno, he didn't say anything), complete with hands on the chest or shoulders. Any idea what happened?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/08/05 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was weird indeed. Geno wouldn't elaborate, but that was one awkward situation.

PostPosted: 03/08/05 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's been reported that Geno and Cappie were allegedly having words throughout the game. Geno refused to elaborate except by saying it wasn't about Cappie but about another Rutgers player.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:

Yes, both teams have seemed to solve their problems (offensive cohesion for Tennessee, guard play for UConn). They are certainly putting up great results of late...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: