RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lynx pocket schedule out/TV gms ... anyone else yet ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/08/05 2:34 am    ::: Lynx pocket schedule out/TV gms ... anyone else yet ? Reply Reply with quote

At the select a seat event this past wkend they had the pocket schedule out. Usually I've not seen 1 till seems like May. These even have the pre-season gms listed.

And they have the selected local TV gms.
I don't recall seeing anything media wise re:the TV gms but since they are listed on the pocket schdule (which seems to get bigger every yr) I will list them here:

5 home gms Sad & 1 away gm (guess which one Shocked )

6/11 vs Mystics
6//30 @ CT Shocked
7/13 vs Shock (nooner or camp day)
7/24 vs LIB
8/07 vs sharks
8/27 vs SAC (final gm of season for Lynx)

So that means a chance that these could be NBATV gms for those of you not in the Twin Cities area. Of course if these change don't blame me Cool
I do hope more Lynx away gms will make it to NBATV.

Shaqfan

PostPosted: 03/08/05 12:39 pm    ::: Recap Reply Reply with quote

Hey MinnieMe ~

Still waiting for the recap of the Lynx Select a Seat. I was flying Sunday, was not able to attend. Wanted to get to Indi for the Big Ten tourney, but couldnt get the weekend off.

You have to give me the scoop.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/08/05 12:40 pm    ::: Re: Recap Reply Reply with quote

What up Shaqfan!!!

I'll try to make it to Minny this season - it will be a lot closer now!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/08/05 12:41 pm    ::: Re: Recap Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
What up Shaqfan!!!

I'll try to make it to Minny this season - it will be a lot closer now!

man, if I only had a nickel for everytime slovy said "I'll try to make it" somewhere, I could buy season tickets to every team!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/08/05 12:46 pm    ::: Re: Recap Reply Reply with quote

LMAO!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/08/05 12:47 pm    ::: Re: Recap Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

man, if I only had a nickel for everytime slovy said "I'll try to make it" somewhere, I could buy season tickets to every team!

Or if I had a nickel everytime Slovy said someone was the best looking player or his favorite player (Gwen, DeMya, etc., etc., etc.)...

Smile

gopher5

PostPosted: 03/08/05 1:16 pm    ::: Re: Recap Reply Reply with quote

I thought I would respond to this and give a little information since I attended the event on Sunday. I'm sure others will have more insightful comments to make, but here it goes.

I arrived after the Select a Seat portion had concluded since I am keeping my seat location. They had a couple of people doing face painting and someone making balloon animals and hats.

There was a brief video where they had comments from about 5 or 6 different season ticket holders. It was a little hard to hear this because the volume was not too high, but it was a nice production.

The panel discussion has been mentioned a little but Lea B. Olson was the moderator and the panel included Nikki McCray, Nicole, Lindsay and Suzie. Each person was asked a question or two by Lea. Suzie mentioned the trade of Helen and that they were expecting Kristi to join the Lynx this year. She just came back from the Big 10 Tournament and had a chance to check in with Katie and Tamika. They are working out together and she thinks Katie will be ready to go for training camp.

Nicole was asked to rate her rookie season. She said it was maybe a C+. She was asked about things she was working on in the off season and she mentioned working on extending her shot range.

Nikki was asked if there is anything she wishes that she knows now that would have been helpful to have known when she was a rookie. She couldn't really come up with anything so she switched gears a bit and talked about how great and loyal the fans are and how they have stayed with her through three teams.

Lindsay had her usual dry sense of humor, but did not really say anything noteworthy that I can remember. They did not have time for any Q&A with the fans.

The autograph session started and they had a free throw contest that was popular.

Although this was a Lynx event, the best part was that they announced they would show the Gopher/OSU on the score board. I almost skipped the event because I wanted to watch the Gophers live, so this was great. I thought they were going to have a separate Q&A with Suzie, but I did not see one. She stayed down on the court when the autograph session was going on and a lot of people came up and talked to her.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/08/05 4:23 pm    ::: Re: Recap Reply Reply with quote

Shaqfan wrote:
Hey MinnieMe ~

Still waiting for the recap of the Lynx Select a Seat. I was flying Sunday, was not able to attend. Wanted to get to Indi for the Big Ten tourney, but couldnt get the weekend off.

You have to give me the scoop.

Yo Shaq, I think gopher5 hit pretty much the body of what went on.
Do kind of wish they had opened up Q&A to fans but people had SMS cornered asking her stuff I'm sure & I got to talk w/Ohlde as others could have so there really was opportunity to get some 1 on 1 time w/them and ask questions if you wanted. Check out the "Other K-state Cat's" thread. Kind of highjacked that thread w/some thoughts.

I'm just suprised & happy they got the pocket scheds out so early !
Anyway, check your e-mail boxes .... (dont ask why boxes Confused just check 'em, ha)

Shaqfan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:20 pm    ::: THanks Reply Reply with quote

Hey Slovy!

How are you? Are you enjoying the college bball season? I sure am. I was bummed that Janel had her worst game the other night, but it came on the heels of a really good performance, she was exhausted from pushing the sofa around (Davenport.... I heard that on our MN board, and thought that was pretty funny)....

Hope you can make it to MN this summer. MinnieME and I are thinking about heading West. I had so much fun in Phoenix last summer, and want to come back. I just had a Phoenix layover last week, and I heard someone talk about Marjeles. I was like, hey, Ive been there! I always tell people how great the fan base and organization is in Phoenix. I couldnt believe how great everyone is. We might get back to LA too to see the sharks.

Thanks Gopher5 and MinnieMe for the Lynx update.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:30 pm    ::: Re: THanks Reply Reply with quote

Hey there!
I haven't seen much college ball this year. I went to the Duke game at Purdue, and went to a few Long Beach and UCLA games, but that's about it. I don't really know anything about the seniors this year. The freshman and Sophs are amazing though!
I'm just reading what Pilight and Keegan have to say about the players in the upcoming draft.
Once I'm settled in (and employed) in Indy I'll know where I can go this summer.
I really want to see Sac @ Phoenix
I haven't been to Majerlies since October!
A friend of mine is getting married the day Seattle is in L.A. so if she has an afternoon wedding I may be able to sneak over to see the game.

Shaqfan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:52 pm    ::: Slovy Reply Reply with quote

SO you are moving back to Indy??

If Janel gets drafted there, I might see a lot of you this summer. I think East would be a good fit for her, but wherever she ends up I think she will be just fine. Very versitle, very agile, great footwork and a tremendous passer for someone 6'2". Great heart and a nice person. She has this tough girl exterior, but she is really a softie, and her family is her first priority. Especially her mom. Indi would be much closer obviously. But if she has to go to the West, I would love for her to go to Phoenix. Great fans, great organization. The GM actually speaks with his fans, and buys an occassional drink, which does not happen where I am at. Here our GM seems very uncomfortable around people.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/09/05 12:56 pm    ::: Re: Slovy Reply Reply with quote

From what I'm hearing about her it sounds like she'd be perfect for PHX.

Indiana's coach has people playing different positions than they're used to so I think they may as well pick Batteast for local flavor and just hope for the best!
Who knows with that team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: