RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Duke-UNC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatValeska

PostPosted: 03/07/05 8:08 pm    ::: Duke-UNC Reply Reply with quote

I've disliked UNC since I saw them in person a few years ago. They haven't changed a bit. Given the sum total of their athleticism they shoud never lose a game.

Then, as bad as a basketball team as they are it's a tribute to that athleticism that they can win at all.

Seems to me Duke should be way further ahead than thy are right now. Wonder how long their win window of opportunity will remain open.

BTW, the offensive foul called on Currie because she didn't get out of the way when Latta hurled herself at Mo's knees was one of the worst calls I've seen all year.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/07/05 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ivory Latta has cojones but she rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Maybe it's the fact she's allegedly a point guard but UNC lives and dies by her shooting.

I do like Larkins and Little's games though.

Anyways go Duke! I'm really happy the way Jessica Foley is developing. We should send more Aussies to be seasoned in D1 college ball.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/07/05 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Latta. She is more of a SG in PG clothing. Erlana Larkins and Camille Little are great. Camille should be one of the top picks in the 2007 draft...likewise for Erlana in the 2008 draft.

Keegan: Do you think the biggest reason why not a lot of Australians come over to the US is because of the distance? Or is there another reason?

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/07/05 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Do you think the biggest reason why not a lot of Australians come over to the US is because of the distance? Or is there another reason?

I think the main reason is actually lack of knowledge, because there are a lot more Aussies coming over now. US schools are also realising that there is an untapped talent pool down here and are aggressive in forming contacts down here (all those basketball tours by DI schools have several motives).

Also, it's difficult to uproot your existence and move to another continent, especially just out of high school. However, free education + high level basketball = good deal.

Aussies to watch out for next couple of years - Hanna Zavecz of Wyoming (Kim Smith mark II?) and Gabrielle Richards of Oregon.
Keegan

PostPosted: 03/07/05 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Halftime turnovers - total of 11 for both teams. Astonishingly low.
Keegan

PostPosted: 03/07/05 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was that the sound of the game going down the drain for Duke? Latta looks to have had a good little spurt in scoring and playmaking.
bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/07/05 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke is playing like they hafta get it all back at once. And in the time it has taken me to write this, Duke has gone from 12 down (60-4Cool to 18 down (66-4Cool. I say, let's invoke the slaughter rule, give UNC, MIST, UT and Rutgers the #1 seeds and go to the Dance.

Keegan wrote:
Was that the sound of the game going down the drain for Duke? Latta looks to have had a good little spurt in scoring and playmaking.

PostPosted: 03/07/05 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've said it before, and I will say it again. Without Harding, we don't match up well with teams with quick, athletic guards. We would have the same problems with Rutgers that we do with UNC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: