RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty draft rumor!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/07/05 10:31 am    ::: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

Blazejowski really likes Temeka Johnson, who might be available at #10.

While the team needs a point guard, the Liberty CANNOT start Johnson and Becky in the backcourt together! Teams with bigger guards would eat them alive.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 03/07/05 10:38 am    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

While I agree with about about lil T & Becky together, I don't think they'll be...together I mean...Temeka is a great player, but I think we need size, especially if Becky keeps trapping herself & turning the ball over.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

While the team needs a point guard, the Liberty CANNOT start Johnson and Becky in the backcourt together! Teams with bigger guards would eat them alive.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't believe she wouldn't be available at 10. I don't know who would take her higher.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/07/05 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe it'd mean that Becky would go back to being the reason for panic attacks on opposing benches. I've always liked the idea of bringing someone totally kick-ass off the bench just to deflate the other team a bit.

Or I could be an optimist. Yeah, that was probably it. The idiots in chief probably don't see the problem with a backcourt going 5'3" and 5'6".

PostPosted: 03/07/05 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This definitely correlates with the get rid of VJ or Crystal by any means rumor I've been hearing. I wouldn't have a problem with picking Johnson if it meant that she was going to start at the point or if it meant she and Becky wouldn't see much time together. However, it means neither. Becky is the Liberty's starting point guard and Johnson will most likely come off the bench to play with Big Apple Turnover.
herrade

PostPosted: 03/07/05 12:30 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

how dare you pay her the respect of calling her by her full name?!? it's FFO to you!

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

cam, i'm afraid you're working off rational logic here. that's your fatal flaw.

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
Becky is the Liberty's starting point guard and Johnson will most likely come off the bench to play with Big Apple Turnover.

ok, i know i'm breaking my own rule, but can you help us understand this dex? i mean, there must be someone with a brain cell left looking at becky's numbers and cringing. what is the reaction to the way she's playing?

PostPosted: 03/07/05 12:42 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

[quote="herrade"]
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Looks like Blazejowski has a thing for short people.
I like Temeka too, but unless we plan on getting rid of Becky, they can't play together.
I rather have Loree Moore, if she is going for a point guard.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/07/05 12:55 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:

It won't happen again, Herrade. For the future, I promise never to associate FFO with rational logic. Smile

Temeka Johnson to the Liberty would be fine if there wasn't the Becky issue.

Now, if Becky were part of the trade package instead of The Baby, you would see the Liberty fans jumping up and down over Yo. Then, you would have Temeka Johnson at the point, Crystal at the 2, Shameka at the 3, Baranova at the 4, and Yo in the middle, with Waffle off the bench.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:03 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
herrade wrote:

It won't happen again, Herrade. For the future, I promise never to associate FFO with rational logic. Smile

Now, if Becky were part of the trade package instead of The Baby, you would see the Liberty fans jumping up and down over Yo. Then, you would have Temeka Johnson at the point, Crystal at the 2, Shameka at the 3, Baranova at the 4, and Yo in the middle, with Waffle off the bench.

Again, as herrade said, you're being OVERLY rational. That is what I have discussed with other Liberty fans. Make Becky part of that deal, not The Baby. Then I'd do it in a heartbeat. The scenario you have outlined is ideal. BUT, it's FFO we're talking about here, so that's reaching Sad

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:08 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
herrade wrote:

No pretty face for ad campaigns. Crying or Very sad

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, meaning no annoying screaming kids either, which is great lol...

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:29 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

[quote="dbrown4852"]
herrade wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Looks like Blazejowski has a thing for short people.
I like Temeka too, but unless we plan on getting rid of Becky, they can't play together.
I rather have Loree Moore, if she is going for a point guard.

I agree, I like TJ too but she is so tiny.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:30 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

even tho i know exactly what you're saying, dts, and i know you're not being judgmental . . . just reading it . . . i recoil.

why does it feel like, whomever we wind up with, we're gonna be thinking, "having yo on our team would be so good right now" . . . "having little temeka on our team would be so good right" . . . (omigod!) "having becky back on our team would be so good right now" . . .

blaze is gonna have to start wearing a jersey with the number "20/20" on the back. for hindsight. and even that might be giving her too much credit.

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:33 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

even tho i know exactly what you're saying, dts, and i know you're not being judgmental . . . just reading it . . . i recoil.

why does it feel like, whomever we wind up with, we're gonna be thinking, "having yo on our team would be so good right now" . . . "having little temeka on our team would be so good right" . . . (omigod!) "having becky back on our team would be so good right now" . . .

blaze is gonna have to start wearing a jersey with the number "20/20" on the back. for hindsight. and even that might be giving her too much credit.

Sorry bibb, but I'm afraid the truth hurts sometimes, even when it just ain't right. Becky is the poster child for Libs basketball, including that infamous sandwich naming. She's not going anywhere because they are going to market the hell out of her (IMO).

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:36 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
herrade wrote:

Again, as herrade said, you're being OVERLY rational. That is what I have discussed with other Liberty fans. Make Becky part of that deal, not The Baby. Then I'd do it in a heartbeat. The scenario you have outlined is ideal. BUT, it's FFO we're talking about here, so that's reaching Sad

Crystal recently said in an interview that she "knows she's on her way out", but VJ's recent placement on the trading block might make her a candidate for replacement too.

You know I'm not a fan of short position players, but Temeka Johnson is pretty good. Jamie Carey might also be a decent option, though NY would likely have to trade for her, as I doubt she'll fall that low in the second round if she makes it to the second round... Confused

Usually I don't like any PG under 5'7"... I'll go as low as 5'5", but Temeka Johnson is 5'3"! Shocked Michelle Snow could dunk over her like Vince Carter did Frederic Weis! ...Everytime! Exclamation

Limbo lower now...
    Limbo lower now...
    How low can you go... Question

Last edited by Admiral_Needa on 03/07/05 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:38 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
You know I'm not a fan of short position players, but Temeka Johnson is pretty good. Jamie Carey might also be a decent option, though NY would likely have to trade for her, as I doubt she'll fall that low in the second round if she makes it to the second round... Confused

Usually I don't like any PG under 5'7"... I'll go as low as 5'5", but Temeka Johnson is 5'3"!

Admiral, two words: Earl Boykins

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:41 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Usually I don't like any PG under 5'7"... I'll go as low as 5'5", but Temeka Johnson is 5'3"!

Yes, Temeka Johnson's so short that she makes Ear Boykins look tall Razz

And Boykins doesn't start... or rebound, which would be expected... Shocked Sometimes he'll play high minutes though...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:57 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

and sometimes he'll be the best player on the court; and sometimes he'll singlehandedly lead Denver to victory; and never, but never, does anyone bust their ass any more or appreciate what he has any more than he does. Dude has heart....just like TJ.

And Boykins doesn't start... or rebound, which would be expected... Shocked Sometimes he'll play high minutes though...

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:00 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

Folks! We must agree that Becky ain't going nowhere! She IS the face of the Libs and she'll be in NY for quite some time.

Between Temeka & Jamie Carey, I want Jamie. Jamie has a fire that no one has had since Spoon. This team has NO heart and we need a jump start in the dept.

Besides, we all know Blaze will choose our draft picks from some obscure school somewhere...we've never had a Lady Vol, a Huskie, a Longhorn, a Trojan...no one from a big school. The biggest school was Arkansas (and even that was risky. Not a whole lotta people had heard of Shameka Christon).

dtsnms wrote:
sebibb wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Sorry bibb, but I'm afraid the truth hurts sometimes, even when it just ain't right. Becky is the poster child for Libs basketball, including that infamous sandwich naming. She's not going anywhere because they are going to market the hell out of her (IMO).

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:01 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

and sometimes he'll be the best player on the court; and sometimes he'll singlehandedly lead Denver to victory; and never, but never, does anyone bust their ass any more or appreciate what he has any more than he does. Dude has heart....just like TJ.

I know... Boykins rose to fame backing up Gilbert Arenas in Golden State, so I knew that before most anybody. Idea I still would not start him though.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starting isn't an issue here. Becky is going to start, period. TJ would come off the bench to spell Becky and to slide her to two in spurts for a small lineup to run.

It could work, if not in NY in another city that likes an upbeat system. This year's rookies as I said earlier are not going to be publicity fodder, just good players that can impact a team. That doesn't necessarily mean in the starting lineup.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jaime Carey's risk of another concussion drops her in the draft.

Admiral is right about Boykins. He plays major minutes when he is scoring, and he is a real spark for the team. But Andre Miller is the starter.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:59 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
we've never had a Lady Vol, a Huskie, a Longhorn, a Trojan...no one from a big school. The biggest school was Arkansas (and even that was risky. Not a whole lotta people had heard of Shameka Christon).

What, Lobo doesn't count as Husky Shocked
Isn't she the biggest UConn star BD (Before Diana)?
And we will have the greatest Lady Vol ever, very soon...and I'm not talking about Alan Houston Wink

PostPosted: 03/07/05 3:41 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:
we've never had a Lady Vol, a Huskie, a Longhorn, a Trojan...no one from a big school. The biggest school was Arkansas (and even that was risky. Not a whole lotta people had heard of Shameka Christon).

What, Lobo doesn't count as Husky Shocked
Isn't she the biggest UConn star BD (Before Diana)?
And we will have the greatest Lady Vol ever, very soon...and I'm not talking about Alan Houston Wink

Hey Allan is no Lady Smile , he is however the Vol's (men's) numero uno scorer of all time. Would you really want CH, I used to wish she was a Lib but now, I don't know.

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 03/07/05 4:10 pm    ::: Re: Liberty draft rumor! Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
ok, i know i'm breaking my own rule, but can you help us understand this dex? i mean, there must be someone with a brain cell left looking at becky's numbers and cringing. what is the reaction to the way she's playing?

You are operating under the assumption that this is about basketball. It never is with the Liberty. If you were to walk up to Dolan right now and ask him about Sue, he'd say she's from Long Island, she's a great person and she put butts in the seats and sold jerseys. If you ask him about Spoon, he'd say she's huge in the community, she's a great person and she put butts in the seat and she sold a lot of jerseys. If you ask him about Becky, she's marketable, she puts butts in the seats and she sells a lot of jerseys. We blame FFO for a lot of the Liberty's problems and rightfully so, however, I think her problem is one of trying too hard to meet the bottom line because she knows that is what will impress the bosses. On the other hand, I don't think Dolan would be that much against putting together a team that wins and worrying about marketing a close second as long as it's a very close second. If FFO stopped annointing people then maybe once she wanted to trade them she wouldn't have to worry about the real or unreal backlash she might receive. Then maybe her and her coaches wouldn't have to scheme and devise plans to run formerly annointed players out of town and there would be no FBC.

As for what the FBC people think about Becky's little problem, there's the I told you so reaction, plus others like: it's the NWBL, she's not a natural point guard, and there are more important pressing issues like who's staying, Crys or VJ, Tari going to Houston and Tan getting traded to Charlotte of all non Cali places. Word is the previous annointed one thinks Becky would be much better in spurts of playing the point after her teamates have already gotten involved to prevent Becky from pressing the issue and trying too hard to involve her teamates instead of just letting the game come to her, which the born point guard seems to believe is Becky's main obstacle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: