RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tenn/LSU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/06/05 9:05 pm    ::: Tenn/LSU Reply Reply with quote

So now that Tennessee won the SEC tournament are both Tenn and LSU #1s?

deanjet

PostPosted: 03/06/05 9:11 pm    ::: Re: Tenn/LSU Reply Reply with quote

Gaucho Don wrote:

I would think so. LSU only has two losses one on the road to the Big East Champion and the SEC tournament champion. Tennessee has just too many quality wins and a conference tournament title. I think we'll see this matchup again before the season is over. If Tennessee is a #2 seed, then I would hate to be the #1 seed having to play them in Chattanooga, which is where they'll be.

Congrats to Tennessee on the SEC tournament title.

PostPosted: 03/06/05 9:16 pm    ::: Re: Tenn/LSU Reply Reply with quote

Gaucho Don wrote:

I'd say so. I would be hard-pressed to have one be a #1, and not the other. All I know is that this will be one of the more wide-open tournaments in recent memory.

Congratulations to the Lady Vols on the SEC Championship!!

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/05 9:17 pm    ::: Re: Tenn/LSU Reply Reply with quote

Gaucho Don wrote:

I thought they were both #1s before.

If Duke wins tomorrow they'll also be a #1, leaving the other spot to Michigan State or Stanford (or maybe Baylor if the Spartans and Cardinal both lose and the Bears take the B12 tournament).

North Carolina might get a #1 if they beat Duke, especially if Stanford or MSU lose.

I wouldn't count out Rutgers or Notre Dame if they win the BEast.

And if Stanford, Michigan State, North Carolina, Rutgers, Baylor, and Notre Dame all lose then Ohio State might still get it. Wink

PostPosted: 03/06/05 10:57 pm    ::: Re: Tenn/LSU Reply Reply with quote

I'll make a fearless prediction that the winner of the BEast will be a #1 seed, because of the conference's track record in the tournament in recent years. That means our #1 seeds could include maybe Rutgers, ND or even UConn. Just a hunch.

If I was handing out #1 seeds- today- they would be UT, Stanford, Duke and LSU. I know that leaves the B10 and B12 out in the cold, but none of the B10 teams I have seen this weekend played as well as UT or LSU or UNC, and, although I haven't seen the B12 teams recently, my impression based on what I have seen is that the best- Texas, TTU, Baylor, KSU- are not FF teams. I'm not convinced that UNC's ability to "pull it out" is going to work against the elite teams, especially when they hafta play one and then another two days later.

PostPosted: 03/06/05 11:32 pm    ::: Re: Tenn/LSU Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
I'll make a fearless prediction that the winner of the BEast will be a #1 seed, because of the conference's track record in the tournament in recent years. That means our #1 seeds could include maybe Rutgers, ND or even UConn. Just a hunch.

UConn, with 7 losses, is out of the picture no matter what happens in the BEast tournament. Villanova is still on the tournament bubble, let alone getting a #1 seed.

PostPosted: 03/06/05 11:35 pm    ::: Re: Tenn/LSU Reply Reply with quote

My number 1 seeds in order

LSU
Standford
UNC/Duke (Acc Torney Champ)
Tenn

Last edited by icey23 on 03/07/05 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/07/05 10:15 am    ::: Re: Tenn/LSU Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
And if Stanford, Michigan State, North Carolina, Rutgers, Baylor, and Notre Dame all lose then Ohio State might still get it. Wink

Then again, if all those teams lose then why not Temple as a #1 seed?

PostPosted: 03/07/05 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's just about all set;
Tenn.
LSU
Duke/UNC winner
Stanford

njjosh

PostPosted: 03/07/05 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee are both locks to be #1 seeds.

If Michigan State wins tonight, they get a #1. They have a top-5 RPI, and if they win tonight, will have a 28-3 record, a 12-game winning streak, 8 RPI-top 25 wins, and 12 RPI-top 50 wins. That's #1 seed material to me.

If Duke wins tonight, they get a #1 seed. If North Carolina makes it 3-for-3 against Duke this season, they too would have a case, but their horribly weak non-conference schedule might hurt them.

Given that, Stanford's only chance for a #1 seed, IMO, is to beat Arizona State tonight in the Pac-10 final and hope that Michigan State loses to Minnesota. While Stanford's won-loss record would be better than Michigan State's, they'd have only 5 RPI-top 25 wins, a lower RPI, and a SOS ranking 25 spots lower than the Spartans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: