RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

heads up for drummers, aspirants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 03/06/05 6:48 pm    ::: heads up for drummers, aspirants Reply Reply with quote

in a shameless invocation of jammerspeak, may i say that the bibbster is a little sad today. today, the dream dies. (well, one of them.) i started playing congas 15 years ago, shortly moving on to brazilian percussion, and i enjoyed many years of carnaval parading with samba schools here and in brazil. but i always aspired to traps. after 10 years, i finally got an electronic drum kit (so i could play with headphones whenever the mood struck me, which was usually around 2 a.m., because i was always working till about midnight). but i suffered a back injury and, though i'm mostly recovered, it's painful to sit for any length of time. so today, the dream dies and i've put my beloved but unused drum kit on ebay.

so if you or someone you know wants an electronic drum kit, this would be steal. it's all but new, but it won't go for a "new" price. i'm also selling my drum throne and a bunch of instruction books. no reserve on any of it.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=sambista

also, if you or someone you know is looking for brazilian instruments, i have for sale a surdo (SEWER-doo) . . .

a timba (CHIM-bah) . . .

a caixa (KY-shuh) . . .

a tarol (tah-ROLL) . . .

and a caixa de guerra (KY-shuh gee GARE-uh).

thanks for passing on the word.

*sniff*

Last edited by sambista on 03/08/05 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/08/05 5:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your back, dear. me too. and by the way, pain and vicodin has been tinging the jammerspeak of late. (sorry keegan)

You should investigate an Indian percussion instrument a buddy specialized in up at Berklee. The tabla. I'm not sure about the spelling. But you play them mostly with your fingers and a little wrist action. Very intimate and tonal. (Press on the skins and change the pitch... you know the drill I'm sure.)

KEEP HOPE ALIVE! lol!

Good luck on Ebay. I just sold a bass there about three weeks ago.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/08/05 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

keep hope alive indeed, jammer. i've heard the tabla popping up on more and more jazz and crossover fusion recordings. i think that's what's featured on renee rosnes' cd "life on earth." once i get these things out of my house, i'll have an easier time getting over it. and i'll continue to work on my brazilian hand instruments, particularly the pandeiro (the one that looks like a tambourine with a skin head) and cuica, for those impromptu pagode gatherings.

hope your back improves. don't become a slave to the meds, jam!

PostPosted: 03/08/05 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ouch!

Sorry to hear about your back!

- get well jammer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: