RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trudi Lacey and Helen Darling Scouting Sandora Irvin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/06/05 6:13 pm    ::: Trudi Lacey and Helen Darling Scouting Sandora Irvin Reply Reply with quote

They're at the game right now, TCU vs Louisville. Shocked

Trudi is wearing a light blue long sleeve with an orange long sleeve tied around her neck. Darling was hunching over so I couldn't tell what she was in Razz

Unfortunately for Irvin, she's getting owned by Missy Taylor. I mean to get shut down by someone named Missy must be embarrassing. lol, nah, Taylor is pretty good... Kind of like what Tenn. Vol. Sidney Spencer should have been if she didn't get injured... Then went out with ~8mins to go in the half with foul trouble. Can't be good for her draft profile... Confused

And Irvin just got 3rd foul... Exclamation

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/06/05 6:35 pm    ::: Re: Trudi Lacey and Helen Darling Scouting Sandora Irvin Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if Sandora slipped to #3.

A Sandora Irvin-Kamila Vodichkova post combination is an attractive one.

stever

PostPosted: 03/06/05 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Despite Lieberman's babbling today, I wasn't "blown away" by Irvin today, she's had a good senior year, but doesn't seem like a "franchise" player to me.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/06/05 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Despite Lieberman's babbling today, I wasn't "blown away" by Irvin today, she's had a good senior year, but doesn't seem like a "franchise" player to me.

Sandora has just had a good/great career. She isn't a franchise player, but she's an impact player. None of the seniors this year strike me as "franchise" players.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/06/05 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a problem with a lot of commentators today - they think hyperbole = good commentary.
pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/05 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Sandora has just had a good/great career. She isn't a franchise player, but she's an impact player. None of the seniors this year strike me as "franchise" players.

This draft has a serious lack of star-power. There are several good to very good players but no great ones. I would say Irvin is closer to franchiseness than anyone else in this draft.

PostPosted: 03/06/05 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:

This draft has a serious lack of star-power. There are several good to very good players but no great ones. I would say Irvin is closer to franchiseness than anyone else in this draft.

Definitely. This draft seems to be producing more solid role players than big-time players. I think that Sandora Irvin, Kendra Wecker, and Monique Currie (if she enters the draft) will have big impacts on their teams. The others seem like they'll be solid, but not spectacular.

The good news for the WNBA draft is that the next three years are full of talent, especially 07 & 08.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/05 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It'll be OK. It's not like the 2000 draft, where there was almost nothing. If I were going to compare it to a past draft it would probably be like the 1998, except without the obvious 7'2 #1 pick.

PostPosted: 03/06/05 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Irvin looked just good, not spectacular, to me as well. But then -- this is the first time I've seen her all year, and I gather this wasn't one of her better games.

She is a pretty amazing physical specimen. She's a little slower, lankier than I was expecting. But still a force, and the shooting range is impressive. I think she has a lot of upside, and I think she'll be an impact player.

caune

PostPosted: 03/07/05 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
Irvin looked just good, not spectacular, to me as well. But then -- this is the first time I've seen her all year, and I gather this wasn't one of her better games.

She is a pretty amazing physical specimen. She's a little slower, lankier than I was expecting. But still a force, and the shooting range is impressive. I think she has a lot of upside, and I think she'll be an impact player.

Wow, 24 points and 13 rebounds, all on an off day?? imagine if she had played well Rolling Eyes

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's one of those who seems to very quietly put up serious numbers. You don't think she has so many points and rebounds until you see the box score.

I think the assessments are right, a very good, very solid contributor that will make a team better, but not an ad campaign in waiting.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/07/05 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
womens_hoops wrote:

Wow, 24 points and 13 rebounds, all on an off day?? imagine if she had played well Rolling Eyes

Shhhhh we want her to be overlooked!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: