RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jolly-Harper Going Back to the Dance!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjavolfan

PostPosted: 03/05/05 8:07 pm    ::: Jolly-Harper Going Back to the Dance! Reply Reply with quote

This time as a head coach. Congrats to her and the WCU team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2005936

(thinking out loud)... wonder where Jolly-Harper will be when Pat retires?...

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/05/05 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Appalachian State can't do it, I guess a nice alternative is a bunch of girls from Cullowhee...a little town that is probably losing its mind right now.

I listened to this one on the Southern Conference Sports Network online...wow, what a game! Double overtime, Catamounts down by six in the first one...coming back like crazy to get into double OT and then taking over in the second OT. Awesome game.

And Jennifer Gardner...45 points in a championship game. Simply unreal. She graduates this year...wonder if someone will pick her up in the draft or in camp. Don't think that there are any Catamounts in the WNBA...Queenie? Anyone from Western Carolina?

pilight

PostPosted: 03/05/05 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No player from Western Carolina has ever played in the WNBA.

http://members.cox.net/pilight/player_register.htm

PostPosted: 03/06/05 4:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, pilight. That was my gut response, but I'm trying to think at quarter to five in the morning and that is not the most brilliant idea in the world.

(jimmy, as an aside, pilight is *the* man to go to for geeking purposes. Unless it's fantasy games, then you go to the board master Reb. I am but a neophyte compared to them.)

PostPosted: 03/06/05 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Thanks, pilight. That was my gut response, but I'm trying to think at quarter to five in the morning and that is not the most brilliant idea in the world.

(jimmy, as an aside, pilight is *the* man to go to for geeking purposes. Unless it's fantasy games, then you go to the board master Reb. I am but a neophyte compared to them.)

...truer words were never spoken...ok, no fair looking it up, wtf is a "catamount?" U. of Vermont has the same nickname, I believe.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/05 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A catamount is a short tailed mountain lion.

PostPosted: 03/06/05 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, pilight and Q for the info...I had a feeling there weren't any WCU grads to ever play, but I figured I'd ask.

While we're talking Southern Conference basketball...I have to settle a rumor I've heard.

I have been told that two players from East Tennessee State were invited to camp by some W team or the other...circa '00 or '01, maybe earlier. Anyone know if anything like that actually happened?

Word is that one of them was told that she was too short (which is something Pat Summitt told her, too, according to legend). I'd give names of players but for the life of me I can't remember them, even though I went to high school with both.

Anyone? Or is that too deep?

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/05 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bunches of people get invited to camps. Teams don't even publish lists of all of them.

PostPosted: 03/06/05 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm. Oh, well. I just had to check because those rumors flew around Johnson City for a while when I was going to ETSU. They also said they were going to take away football...so at least we know for sure the validity of one of those.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: