RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Conference Round Scoring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/05/05 1:38 pm    ::: Conference Round Scoring Reply Reply with quote

It is going to take me a couple of days to get the scoring straightened out, just keep picking the games as they become available, and I'll try my best to get at least a list of the leaders posted, in the conference round.

I appreciate your patience, I'll know better next time around, how to do this.

Reb

Last edited by rebkell on 03/12/05 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ccone

PostPosted: 03/05/05 11:55 pm    ::: Re: Conference Round Scoring Reply Reply with quote

I don't know about everyone else Reb, but I haven't been able to make selections since the first day. Every selection reads "not available yet". Later.

Cecil

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/05 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't been able to make selections for the conference tournaments either.

PostPosted: 03/06/05 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I haven't been able to make selections for the conference tournaments either.

The picks have not been available the day before play as they have been during the reg. season. In fact they have been posted in the early hours of the day of play. Guess it's not known who will be playing until all the games have been played that evening.

The way I've been pickin' em I'd just as soon you never post the standings.....LOL
I could have flipped a coin and done better....

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/06/05 7:37 pm    ::: Yeah, Reply Reply with quote

Next year will be a little smoother for the tournament round, but for now Reb has had to add the games after getting back from the SEC tournament each day, so yeah they've only been up in the early morning

Next time around hopefully there will be a way for Reb to get some help on updating the game schedule Smile

I'm not so sure I want to see how I'm doing either... I mean the safe play would guarantee 2 points a game with an occasional 6 and I don't think I'm doing much better than that Sad

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I've timed it right, because I've had no problems picking.

And a special kudos to Reb for taking the time to do this after going to the games!

Congrats on UT too, dammit.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/07/05 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I flat missed this thread completely. I was sharing the laptop, and the indicators showing me new posts got bopped too, and I didn't even know anyone was having problems.

Oh well, I hate that it happened, and like Gaucho said, I'll do my best to get everything much more orderly and maybe come up with another scheme for the tourney part. I like the tourney part, but the not knowing until the next day what the schedule is going to be is a bit hard to keep up with, and there is usually not much more than an 8 hour window between when the games are known and when the next games are played.

I had planned on getting the games up as they were known, it might require a couple of trips to get all your picks, but it would have allowed more time to get them in, but I didn't get any forms set up so I could pass off some of the scoring to anyone, I had to put them in by hand, and it was really a pain, and not something that could have been done by anyone else, at least not easily and was ripe for mistakes.

I'll try to get the standings put together, but I'm not going to promise I'll get done tonight, now that I'm home, I may watch a few games tonight, go Nova Smile Up 11 at the half against Rutgers, wasn't looking for that.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/07/05 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I also missed the NC/Duke game, I went by the yahoo schedule and it has/had it scheduled for Tuesday night, I had seen an early bracket for the ACC and it had something weird about the date/day of the Championship game, and when I saw the yahoo sched with it being played Tuesday, I didn't look any further. My bad on that one, in case anyone was wondering what happened to that game, that is the reason.

ccone

PostPosted: 03/07/05 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't worry about it Reb. I hope you enjoyed the games. Later.

Cecil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: