RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Vanderbilt 79, Arkansas 60--Final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deanjet

PostPosted: 03/04/05 11:44 pm    ::: Vanderbilt 79, Arkansas 60--Final Reply Reply with quote

Arkansas put up a nice effort for 35 minutes but ran out of gas in the end. In the last five minutes Vandy outscored Arkansas 21-8. Rochelle Vaughn probably played her best game of the season finishing with 20 points and 5 rebounds while Sarah Pfeifer contributed 16 points. Unfortunately, we didn't have the third scorer tonight, although Hobbs came off the bench and gave some good minutes.

Like I said this morning, I expected this to be a closer game than the first time, which wasn't hard to predict since they drilled us by 35 just two weeks ago, but I didn't think we had the inside game to stop Vanderbilt. That was the case tonight as Vanderbilt out-rebounded us 46-25. Earley finished the game with 21 points and 15 rebounds.

Vanderbilt has been playing great basketball, so I'm still pleased with the effort. Hopefully, we'll carry some momentum into the WNIT.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: