RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Homer reffing job?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/04/05 11:51 am    ::: Homer reffing job? Reply Reply with quote

UCSB had shot 65.5% on FT coming into yesterday's second to last home game Sad

Yesterday the refs called 28 second half fouls (10 on UCSB) and UCSB went to the line 50 times! (making 42... a new big west single game record). UCSB scored it's last field goal with over 10 minutes left in the game Sad

Anyway, needless to say it was a very boring/ugly second half of basketball. It was great to see us hit our FTs for a change though.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/04/05 12:15 pm    ::: Re: Homer reffing job? Reply Reply with quote

I'll expect more of the same when Long Beach gets there tomorrow!

sbjules

PostPosted: 03/04/05 12:44 pm    ::: Re: Homer refs? Reply Reply with quote

You had to be there to realize that the refs were not being homers. Really Wink At least a couple of UCI players managed a foul a minute and they were real fouls. The second half was incredibly d-r-a-w-n out.

Congratulations to my UCSB Gauchos--they clinched their 10th straight regular season Big West championship. Now for senior day & winning the BW tournament.

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/04/05 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was just an ugly game, besides, when a team is shooting 65% from the FT line on the season, why would it be homer to call extra fouls... if you are hitting more than 35% from the field and hitting 65% from the line, then it's worse to go to the line!

FWIW, I don't remember seeing a bunch of bad calls one way or the other, just a ton of calls and players not changing the way they were playing to coincide with how tight the refs were calling it. Just way to many foul calls, but I've been getting on the refs for not calling fouls the same at the end of the game and the game consequently getting out of control (which from reports has contributed to at least one of our injuries)... it's less fun this way, but at least no one got hurt.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/04/05 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Gauchas needed a break after watching Leilani Mitchell go 20/20 from the line against them earlier this year.

PostPosted: 03/04/05 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Gauchas needed a break after watching Leilani Mitchell go 20/20 from the line against them earlier this year.

Ain't that the truth! Idaho lost 6 games in the Big West including losing to the team we beat last night (UC Irvine) 79-53 (& it wasn't that close). I can't figure out what's happening with them. They play with a short bench so maybe they're tired out or it is possible that the coach had a melt-down.

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/04/05 4:48 pm    ::: Idaho Reply Reply with quote

Yeah,I'm not sure what's up with Idaho either. 2-0 against UCSB, 9-6 against the rest of the Big West?

I doubt it's the rope-a-dope trying to angle for the BWT Championship and the only Big West NCAA bid, but you never know.

It would be nice for us to beat them for the last time we'll play them for awhile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: