RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who else will retire this year?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/04/05 10:16 am    ::: Who else will retire this year? Reply Reply with quote

We haven't heard any more news from the retirement front lately. Any ideas who might be next?

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/04/05 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obvious suspects? Bolton, T-Spoon, Stinson.

Outside shot - Merlakia Jones?

Actually I think Nikki McCray is a good chance.
sambista

PostPosted: 03/04/05 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i have a hard time believing (accepting) that stint is ready to say bye. if that's the case, she knows she's gotta come back renewed. i hope she does. her retirement will be a sad moment for me.

PostPosted: 03/04/05 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree on Spoon, but I think McCray will be picked up by somebody...actually I was thinking Seattle might be able to use her, but they have signed Adrianne Johnson.

Lake showed me some stuff last year, just wasn't enough for Detroit to come together and play like a team. They just never seemed to have it together last year, to me. Hopefully, this year they will be back on track.

I also have to think that Burras is done in the W.

Shaqfan

PostPosted: 03/04/05 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TEdwards MNLynx

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/04/05 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
i have a hard time believing (accepting) that stint is ready to say bye. if that's the case, she knows she's gotta come back renewed. i hope she does. her retirement will be a sad moment for me.

I don't think Stint is ready to retire, she seems to have gotten her confidence back in Turkey.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/05 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Teresa Edwards has been saying she's gonna retire since after the Atlanta Olympics. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see her dishing to the kids born today.

I don't think Stinson would retire unless Charlotte flat-out said, "We're not re-signing you." Something tells me she wouldn't do what Spoon did and sign with another team. It's one thing for a Texan to leave New York- it's another thing for a North Carolina woman to leave North Carolina.

But I also don't know if it's just the older players we should be looking at. Look at the two retirements that have been announced: Semeka Randall and Stacey Dales-Schuman, both of whom are young and strong. I suspect as time goes on, announced retirements will be for younger players while the older veterans slip silently off into the night.

(now with spelling variations)
sambista

PostPosted: 03/05/05 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
sebibb wrote:

I don't think Stint is ready to retire, she seems to have gotten her confidence back in Turkey.

wow - you think it was a confidence issue? that'd be the last thing i'd guess, but then i don't know stint, which is why i'm asking.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: