RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

~groan~ here we go again!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 02/28/05 8:31 pm    ::: ~groan~ here we go again! Reply Reply with quote

...another steaming pile of bullshit from some neanderthal "columnist," in yet another suburban Chicago newspaper...where's my barf bag?

http://www.post-trib.com/cgi-bin/pto-story/sports/z1/02-28-05_z1_spor_02.html

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 02/28/05 8:44 pm    ::: Re: ~groan~ here we go again! Reply Reply with quote

great.. am i going to have to write to him too..I wrote a 3 page e mail to the other guy and his responce was PATHATIC all my questions to him werent answered and he changed the subject about 1000 times.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/28/05 9:04 pm    ::: Re: ~groan~ here we go again! Reply Reply with quote

I'll wait till after I eat dinner - then I'll let him have it.

inky

PostPosted: 03/01/05 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You need to remember that in Indiana, the self-proclaimed "Basketball Capitol of America," the HS girls were still required to play 6-on-6 and half-court as recently as the 70s.

They're the ones with the catching up to do.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/01/05 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
You need to remember that in Indiana, the self-proclaimed "Basketball Capitol of America," the HS girls were still required to play 6-on-6 and half-court as recently as the 70s.

Wouldn't the basketball capitol be a building?

Whoever feels like writing to this loser might note last week's Purdue at IU attendance-- over 10K-- or Purdue's home average (somewhere around 7K, I think). Or trend lines. Or "minor" DI conference teams with superb fan support, like UCSB. Too bad for him that the Mid-Con hasn't caught on.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/01/05 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Purdue's Women's Basketball has REAL support. I was there for the game vs Duke (@ Conseco) Well over 7,000 !
No doubt about Santa Barbara I should be up there this weekend - GO BEACH!

ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 03/01/05 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:

Indiana girls changed to 5 on 5 in the late 60's. The sport became sanctioned by the Indiana High School Athletic Association in the early 70's. The first girls basketball state champion was crowned in 1976.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/01/05 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People take shots at Indiana all the time.

I've learned to ignore it.

GO FEEVUHS !!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/01/05 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue's attendance this year is actually about 8,500, tops in the B11 for the umpteenth year in a row. We have great support up here. Now if only our team could have been better this year.

BTW, this is my first post over here.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/01/05 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome Matty! I guess we're honrary PU fans, since we root for KT on the Sun, my wife thinks Lawless is fantastic (she sees some of Taurasi in her Shocked ), and Slovy signed my daughter up for the PU fan club to get something free (which I never saw of course, but she got a free granola bar in the mail yesterday for some reason).

Did I see OSU had 17k at their game this past weekend????

inky

PostPosted: 03/01/05 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILuvCatch wrote:
inky wrote:

Indiana girls changed to 5 on 5 in the late 60's. The sport became sanctioned by the Indiana High School Athletic Association in the early 70's. The first girls basketball state champion was crowned in 1976.

Late 60s, early 70s--when you get to be my age, one decade morphs into another into another into another.

I didn't mean to be disrespectful to the girls and women who play basketball in Indiana, nor to the men and women who support it. But that "girls can't play such a physical game" mentality pervades much of the midwest, at least amongst the old boys network that orbits around high school boys' basketball there.

It's the kind of attitude that gives rise to things like hanging on to 6-on-6 longer than the rest of the country. Or suggesting--in the 21st Century--that the rim ought to be a foot lower for women than it it for men.

I love Indiana girls' basketball. I just despise the arrogance of the know-nothing numskulls who take such a paternal and condescending attitude toward it. Those young women (and their coaches and fans) don't need their concern.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/01/05 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm, That Purdue club is supposed to be sending her newslatters and I think tix to a game.
As for the "free gift" for joining, that was the hook that got me to sign her up - it was a Purdue Beanie Baller - I'm not ready to part with it. - lol!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/01/05 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Hmmm, That Purdue club is supposed to be sending her newslatters and I think tix to a game.
As for the "free gift" for joining, that was the hook that got me to sign her up - it was a Purdue Beanie Baller - I'm not ready to part with it. - lol!

Trade you the granola bar!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/01/05 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL!

I'm gonna see about getting her one when I get to Indiana.

Only four more weeks!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/01/05 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My wife really thinks Lawless will be the next Taurasi. I think tax season is getting to her! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: