RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

is it just me...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
libra_chick25

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:37 pm    ::: is it just me... Reply Reply with quote

is it just me or is Temple a lil underrated...i mean you kind of think they would get more props because of the coach they have, they have some great players. candice dupree is one. i think right now she is one of the most underrated Senior's who's a great player! what do you guys think? Question

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Temple has also had a few questionable losses...as in "How could Temple lose to that team?"

They have been ranked in the top 25. How are they underrated? Dupree is constantly discussed on the WNBA board.

libra_chick25

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Temple has also had a few questionable losses...as in "How could Temple lose to that team?"

They have been ranked in the top 25. How are they underrated? Dupree is constantly discussed on the WNBA board.

that's true..but i think a few teams lost to "lower" ranked teams, i'm not sayin that OMG temple is the best team ever but..i think last year was a great year for them 25 games back to back was pretty good for them. and yea their may be talk about candice dupree on this board, but no other places, I look forward to seein her in the WNBA....wonder how good she's going to be?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised where Dupree is drafted if you think she's not getting much attention. I think she'll be a mid-first rounder.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was a feature on Dupree earlier in the year on ESPN.com. Where else is she supposed to be featured? It isn't as if women's basketball is getting a lot of coverage on SportsCenter.

libra_chick25

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised where Dupree is drafted if you think she's not getting much attention. I think she'll be a mid-first rounder.

i agree wit you

libra_chick25

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
There was a feature on Dupree earlier in the year on ESPN.com. Where else is she supposed to be featured? It isn't as if women's basketball is getting a lot of coverage on SportsCenter.

and how many feature's have you saw about her?? 1?

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dawn's team has had some nice wins this season (Rutgers) but have also suffered horrible losses (Richmond). Temple, though I like the program (the players, the coach, the style of play, etc.), is way too inconsistent to be ranked any higher than they are now (#17). If they'd have been a bit more consistent, who knows where they'd be ranked (Top 10 possibly).

Mathies to LA 2013
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

libra_chick25 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

How many are there supposed to be, given all of the other great players?

libra_chick25

PostPosted: 02/21/06 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
libra_chick25 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

How many are there supposed to be, given all of the other great players?

i'm not sayin like a million, but i never really seen anything about her.besides her diary on ESPN. what site you say it was again?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/21/06 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN.com had a feature on her. She has been discussed on the WNBA board in several mock draft scenarios.

She was listed on WNBA.com as a player to watch:
http://www.wnba.com/sting/news/College_Basketball_Players_To.html

She was also featured in New Jersey, Philly, and Northeast basketball publications and articles. A few:

http://tbo.com/sports/columnists/joeyjohnston/MGBB3FKFPIE.html

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/113774268560250.xml&coll=1

Joey Nations

PostPosted: 02/21/06 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many features have there been on Crytsal Langhorne, who many would agree is a better player than Dupree?

The answer would be 0.

http://www.terpswomenshoops.blogspot.com
MNfan22

PostPosted: 02/21/06 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joey Nations wrote:
How many features have there been on Crytsal Langhorne, who many would agree is a better player than Dupree?

The answer would be 0.

She's not a senior. Give her time she'll have her time too.

PostPosted: 02/21/06 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Candace Dupree. I'm discouraged that I don't get more Temple games so I can see her. I think she has the kind of build to succeed in the W- kind of a Swin Cash type.

PostPosted: 02/21/06 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish I could see Candace more. I saw her last year and was so impressed. Kelly K, are you watching?!

PostPosted: 02/21/06 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given their record, I think Temple gets the right amount of attention, or maybe a bit over, in the national print media and in the polls. I haven't seen them this year though (did see them last year a few times).

Why don't more fans come to Temple's home games?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/21/06 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Temple was the exact tame team without Dawn Staley they would not be ranked and would get very little press. They would be a team that had somehow pulled off a couple of big OOC upsets, but was also not leading their own mid-level conference.

Why should they be getting MORE attention. I would argue they should be getting less ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: