RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana vs Purdue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/19/06 2:57 pm    ::: Indiana vs Purdue Reply Reply with quote

OVERTIME!

PostPosted: 02/19/06 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoosiers win 63-61!

PostPosted: 02/19/06 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow Shocked .

WTH happened to Purdue?

Maybe those two underwhelming performances in the beginning of the last two games cost them.

bullsky

PostPosted: 02/19/06 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, Valentin is for real! Is she a junior? Because she is a WNBA type player.

Overall Indy played well but the refs made several iffy calls that really didnt help Purdues mental state. But Indiana won this game.

I really cant believe how many players arent aware of foul/time awareness. Its really a lost characteristic in our game. Doris Burke has touched on it several times. Many players have no idea what is going on in the game. That hit Purdue today.

PostPosted: 02/19/06 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:

Overall Indy played well but the refs made several iffy calls that really didnt help Purdues mental state. But Indiana won this game.

I really cant believe how many players arent aware of foul/time awareness. Its really a lost characteristic in our game. Doris Burke has touched on it several times. Many players have no idea what is going on in the game. That hit Purdue today.

Unfortunately I went to the game today. Seriously one of the worst Purdue sports moments of my life.

Here was Purdue's offense: throw the ball around the outside of the perimeter, then jack a shot up. However, even though all the players obviously knew that it was a desperation shot, no one bothered to rebound.

An inexcusable effort by everyone associated with the team, from coaches on down today. Just pathetic. This might be me being bitter, but teams contending for a conference title DO NOT lose to teams like IU AT HOME. That is what separates a Purdue from a UT or a UConn. Of all the games that Purdue has played this year, they can take care of business against a good team, but when an average team shows up, Purdue bows down to them.

And then Cherelle George with the biggest bonehead play of the year, fouling IU"s best free throw shooter right after Purdue ties the game.

PostPosted: 02/19/06 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pathetic. There goes any chance of winning the conference, and probably any chance of getting higher than a No. 4 seed.

With the win, Sharon Versyp probably took B11 COY away from Curry as well.

This is why I think the team could legitimately make the Final Four or lose in the first round.

You cannot win with only four player scoring in the entire game.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/19/06 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Pathetic. There goes any chance of winning the conference, and probably any chance of getting higher than a No. 4 seed.

With the win, Sharon Versyp probably took B11 COY away from Curry as well.

This is why I think the team could legitimately make the Final Four or lose in the first round.

You cannot win with only four player scoring in the entire game.

I couldn't believe only 4 players scored. But their offense was terrible. Curry deserves just as much blame today as the players do though. Not pressuring the ball at the end of regulation was just a huge error, even though Purdue had plenty of fouls to give.

IU couldn't miss from three point land either, but we didn't put much pressure on them.

I agree, matty, this team will go as far as its attitude takes them. Maybe we should just ask to play all the #1 seeds because we seem to do a lot better against the top competition.

PostPosted: 02/19/06 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Unfortunately I went to the game today. Seriously one of the worst Purdue sports moments of my life.

Here was Purdue's offense: throw the ball around the outside of the perimeter, then jack a shot up. However, even though all the players obviously knew that it was a desperation shot, no one bothered to rebound.

Maybe it's infectious, after scarcely a week, you've installed the Minnesota Golden Gopher offense. Strange, that isn't what I would have tried to take from last weeks' blowout... Wink

What happened to Traore today?

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/19/06 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curious wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Maybe it's infectious, after scarcely a week, you've installed the Minnesota Golden Gopher offense. Strange, that isn't what I would have tried to take from last weeks' blowout... Wink

What happened to Traore today?

I don't know what happened to Aya. Of course, I don't know what happened to the rest of the team either. But Aya was taken out of her game early and instead of reestablishing herself on the inside, she took part in the 'I'll help pass it around the perimeter until the shot clock is almost up' game today.

PostPosted: 02/19/06 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wasn't at the game because of family obligations, but apparently Versyp called a TO in the overtime that she didn't have. The refs gave her the timeout instead of the technical.

Can anyone verify?

boilerjay

PostPosted: 02/19/06 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
Of course, I don't know what happened to the rest of the team either.

Sadly, only two players showed up today. Katie Gearlds left it all on the court. No way you can criticize her for carrying the team on her back today and nearly single-handedly winning the game. People tend to criticize her when she doesn't score and criticize her when she goes off for a career-high Rolling Eyes I don't get that.

boilerjay

PostPosted: 02/19/06 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I wasn't at the game because of family obligations, but apparently Versyp called a TO in the overtime that she didn't have. The refs gave her the timeout instead of the technical.

Can anyone verify?

That's exactly what happened. She called a Time-Out when she didn't have any. Play was stopped (on Purdue's possesion) and no Tech was given. Sadly, this was just one of many blatent no calls, missed calls, bad calls, etc....

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/19/06 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
Of course, I don't know what happened to the rest of the team either.

Sadly, only two players showed up today. Katie Gearlds left it all on the court. No way you can criticize her for carrying the team on her back today and nearly single-handedly winning the game. People tend to criticize her when she doesn't score and criticize her when she goes off for a career-high Rolling Eyes I don't get that.

Oh, but some fat ass was ragging all over her after she missed a three at the end. I kindly told him to shut the f**k up and then asked if he thought his lard ass could do any better. Normally I go into ignore mode with guys like that but I had had it. But he did shutup. Laughing

The officiating was terrible, but Purdue did nothing to overcome the stupidity of the zebras. HOnestly, the offense was atrocious today and once again played down to the competition.

PostPosted: 02/19/06 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uh, just getting to my laptop after getting back from West Lafayette and eating...anyway, not sure if I can really add anything. It seemed to me that at the beginning Aya was trying to do everything and then I don't know what happend BUT she disappeared offensively. Erin made some shots and then after missing a few she looked scared to shoot from the outside and they were not getting it to her inside...but I thought she was there defensively and had a lot of energy. I don't know what else Wisdom-Hylton could've done...SIX BLOCKS!! Cherelle George, total lack of concentration at the end there. Is it more on her or more on the coaches to make sure she knows what the situation is? From what I understand she thought Purdue needed to foul because she believed Purdue was down by a point at the end. Tough loss, but they need to regroup, move on and get it going again heading into the game with OSU, the Big 10 Tourney, and the Big Dance!

PostPosted: 02/19/06 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

one more thing, they all looked scared to shoot at the end there...looked like a damn game of hot potato on the perimeter...pass, pass, pass, pass, let the time get down more, wait till it gets down to around 10 seconds and then lets see what we can do with it. Mad

PostPosted: 02/19/06 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:

Cyndi is a senior.

http://www.womensbasketballonline.com/birthdays/index.html

Let me know of any players/teams you wish to see added!
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/19/06 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sternvogel wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Cyndi is a senior.

I will enter her in my mock draft immediately Razz

PostPosted: 02/19/06 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:

An inexcusable effort by everyone associated with the team, from coaches on down today. Just pathetic.

Are you sure you weren't actually watching Minnesota? I mean, your Boilers at least got to overtime. My Gophers haven't played a good second half against a decent team since their mid-January trip to Iowa.

UPDATE: I hit "reply" before reading Curious' earlier response. Dejected Gophers apparently think alike.

Also, Valentin is very good, but there are drawbacks... as with Angelina Williams last year, she hasn't been coached in a way that can translate to the W (certainly not before this year)-- she'd be a "project'; moreover she's short for a 2 guard, her skill at getting to the line won't necessarily carry over into a league where more physical play is allowed, and I'm not sure she has the foot speed for a 1. But somebody should, and will, give her a chance

Last edited by accommodatingly on 02/20/06 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Keegan

PostPosted: 02/19/06 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
Here was Purdue's offense: throw the ball around the outside of the perimeter, then jack a shot up.

I wasn't aware Lin Dunn was still coaching Purdue Wink
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 02/20/06 3:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Can anyone verify?

That's exactly what happened. She called a Time-Out when she didn't have any. Play was stopped (on Purdue's possesion) and no Tech was given. Sadly, this was just one of many blatent no calls, missed calls, bad calls, etc....

Actually, that isn't at all what happened. After Valentin's go-ahead basket in the final minute, the timekeeper failed to stop the clock immediately. The referee halted play in order to add 1.2 seconds...

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/20/06 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
boilerjay wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Can anyone verify?

Actually, that isn't at all what happened. After Valentin's go-ahead basket in the final minute, the timekeeper failed to stop the clock immediately. The referee halted play in order to add 1.2 seconds...

It doesn't really matter what happened cause Purdue just played terribly last night. The game really should have never been close.

PostPosted: 02/20/06 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing BOILER DOWN!!!!!!! Go IU !!!!!!!!

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/20/06 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:

I didn't know IU had any womens bball fans. Very Happy

PostPosted: 02/20/06 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
00NDROCKS wrote:

I didn't know IU had any womens bball fans. Very Happy

Very Happy I'm for anyone who beats Purdue !!!! So far this year, (notice I said so far). Go Geo. Washington! Go DePaul! Go Iowa! Go IU!

boilerjay

PostPosted: 02/20/06 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In that case..I'm for ALL the teams who beat ND - ALL 10 of them! (especially Seton Hall)

Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: