RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#9 OU/ #21 Texas A&M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mysticsfan07

PostPosted: 02/18/06 10:01 pm    ::: #9 OU/ #21 Texas A&M Reply Reply with quote

The Sooners defeated the Aggies soundly, 73-54, to move to 13-0 in the Big 12 conference. Don't have the boxscore but I do know that CP3 had 15 points, 14 rebounds, 5 assists.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 02/19/06 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welch and Rush also had double figures. OU had 19 assists and just 10 TOs. Sanchez played just 2 minutes. Anybody know why?

Anybody know if A&M's Micheaux is any relation to Andre Micheaux, who played at Houston with Hakeem Alajuwon, Alvin Franklin and Clyde Drexler?

PostPosted: 02/19/06 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
Welch and Rush also had double figures. OU had 19 assists and just 10 TOs. Sanchez played just 2 minutes. Anybody know why?

Anybody know if A&M's Micheaux is any relation to Andre Micheaux, who played at Houston with Hakeem Alajuwon, Alvin Franklin and Clyde Drexler?

bballjunkee, here's the blurb on her father:
Her father Larry Micheaux was a member of the famed Phi Slamma Jamma at University of Houston in the 80’s.

I think Sanchez just wasn't effective in this game; her minutes were in the first half, and I think Sherri finally found a flow in the second half and didn't want to disrupt it. I don't know how we ended up 18 points ahead, because up until 4 minutes or so, TAMU just kept hanging around.

They didn't play pressure on OU this game like they did the last game
they choose to sag down and take care of Courtney. Leah Rush has really been coming on strong in the final mintes of game, as you would expect an upperclassman to do.

Three games left in the conference season. I can't express enough how much fun it is to not only watch both Courtney and Ashley play, but to also see them in the media teleconferences. They are a hoot.

ari20dal7

PostPosted: 02/19/06 6:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A&M did basically sell out to defend Courtney at all costs. I think she got a little frustrated at times.

The lead largely built as a result of A&M's second half stretch where they just couldn't score. Their offensive possessions weren't bad except that they didn't score (major credit to OU's defense for that). They played hard on defense, but OU (especially the guards) started hitting open shots and the lead just crept up on them.

I never felt there was a point where A&M wasn't competitive. I'll post more coherent and complete thoughts when it's not five in the morning. Stupid work......

And one other thing......BIG TWELVE CHAMPIONS!!!

tag3

PostPosted: 02/19/06 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Love my Sooners, I do, I do. But they are making me very nervous, coasting through long minutes of their games. No disrespect intended toward A&M, but this could have been a 30 or 40 pt win. The Sooners didn't really put it away till the final minutes of the game.

A&M did harass Courtney effectively. Her points and rebounds were well-earned.

A true spectacle was seeing 6'6" Lenka Zimova make Courtney look small. My goodness, what a big girl. But a nice, soft shooting touch, too.

Yes, Rush and Welch did play well. And Ashley Paris nearly got a double double.

Gary Blair standing on the court and screaming instructions during play gets on my nerves. But he's doing a really good job at A&M. They play very hard, and have as pesky a defense as you'll see. And I loved his take during the press conference on defending Courtney, "Which of you grown men can guard Paris down there? It isn’t going to happen.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: