RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Boston College at Maryland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dukemayo

PostPosted: 02/16/06 11:26 pm    ::: Boston College at Maryland Reply Reply with quote

Maryland 86 BC 59
Surprised by the margin.

With LSU loss, top 3 in the country = top 3 in the ACC, for now at least: UNC, Duke, Maryland.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 02/17/06 4:45 am    ::: Re: Boston College at Maryland Reply Reply with quote

dukemayo wrote:
With LSU loss, top 3 in the country = top 3 in the ACC, for now at least: UNC, Duke, Maryland.

We were thinking the same thing in our family last night too... As much as I love the Terps, tho, I still don't put them in the same category as UNC and Duke. But they are getting there.....

The ACC tourney should be great! Very Happy

styxfan22

PostPosted: 02/17/06 8:35 am    ::: Re: Boston College at Maryland Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
dukemayo wrote:

We were thinking the same thing in our family last night too... As much as I love the Terps, tho, I still don't put them in the same category as UNC and Duke. But they are getting there.....

The Terps could actually be ranked #2 going into the ACC Tourney, if Duke beats UNC on the 25th and Maryland wins out.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/17/06 9:16 am    ::: Re: Boston College at Maryland Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
dukemayo wrote:

The Terps could actually be ranked #2 going into the ACC Tourney, if Duke beats UNC on the 25th and Maryland wins out.

Not sure why Maryland would automatically be ranked ahead of LSU. They have the same number of losses, LSU has more quality wins and has two losses by a total of 4 points.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 02/17/06 9:38 am    ::: Re: Boston College at Maryland Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:

Yes, we were doing that math last night too (not that my heart could allow me to root for Duke over UNC in their matchup next week). ... Assuming Maryland isn't upset on the Friday of the ACC tourney, would you rather they face Duke or UNC in the semi-finals?? I've gone back and forth over it....

Joey Nations

PostPosted: 02/17/06 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It has to be UNC at this point. The Duke winning streak is soon be mental, while we have beaten UNC the last two years.

http://www.terpswomenshoops.blogspot.com
ChiChi

PostPosted: 02/17/06 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since we're right under Boston College in the ACC standings, I'll put it here: NC State 78 - Clemson 69.

Looks like Yow has finally decided on her PG, and Key is doing great. She must be sick of being interviewed as POG after each game... it's going on something like 4 straight games now.

Very happy with the win, and BC's loss (sorry Wink ). I'm also happy that BC has to face UNC next (although Maryland for us is no picnic). Then we get to face eachother.

I'm excited to go to the Maryland game.... attendence should be good, they've been putting some effort into getting the word out, with the big ole billboard on the beltline, and ads.

nikkles

PostPosted: 02/17/06 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland players have been collecting money to bring down to NC State's Breast Cancer fundraiser! Smile

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 02/17/06 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nikkles wrote:
Maryland players have been collecting money to bring down to NC State's Breast Cancer fundraiser! Smile

Yes, the entire women's team, Brenda and the other coaches worked the crowd coming into a recent Md men's b-ball game. A great thing for them to do. But even with a crowd of 17,000 or so, they collected slightly less than $4,000, which means folks didn't even contribute an average of a buck. Probably folks who think nothing of shelling out several dollars for the really crappy food they sell at Comcast put nothing in the buckets. But good for the Terps for trying!

(BTW, as I think most folks know, Md Athletic Director Debbie Yow is Kay Yow's sister.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: