RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tennessee-Georgia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njjosh

PostPosted: 02/16/06 1:08 pm    ::: Tennessee-Georgia Reply Reply with quote

I think Tennessee is going to respond very well and deliver a big-time performance tonight at Georgia. Beware the wounded animal.

Your thoughts?

BIGKIGGY

PostPosted: 02/16/06 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Tenn is primed for a valiant effort, however, if they're not able to protect the ball, and I'm afraid that will be the case, this one could possibly get ugly. Where is the leadership going to come from? C.P. will try, but can they get her the ball enough to make a difference. Ga. is the worst possible team to face with a "guard shortage" problem.
Crying or Very sad

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/16/06 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgia is the type of team that can smell blood...and then collect. It will be a tough one, and show what the Lady Vols really are made of. This game might help them more "chemistry" wise, than any to date.

PostPosted: 02/16/06 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ga was going to be tough enough on the road with Hornbuckle...Without her I don't know if we can handle the pressure...If we can handle their pressure the game will be won or lost inside....If we can't handle their pressure it could be ugly...

Grumps

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/16/06 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm getting tired of typing this, but maybe THIS will be the game that Parker stands up and shows us what all the hype is about.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/16/06 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I'm getting tired of typing this

Likewise, we're getting tired of reading this. Wink Parker's not going to put up Courtney Paris-like numbers. That's not what she has to do in order for her team to do well. It's not as if she's being defended 1-on-1 out there. The triple teams alone should tell you something.

Mathies to LA 2013
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/16/06 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
I'm getting tired of typing this

Likewise, we're getting tired of reading this. Wink Parker's not going to put up Courtney Paris-like numbers. That's not what she has to do in order for her team to do well. It's not as if she's being defended 1-on-1 out there. The triple teams alone should tell you something.

Now you of all people, JJ fan, should know that the elite put it on people despite the doubles and triples. C'mon Candace show me!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/16/06 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Now you of all people, JJ fan, should know that the elite put it on people despite the doubles and triples. C'mon Candace show me!

That's true, but JJ is a senior while Candace is a redshirt freshman. She'll be torching double and triple-teams by this time next season.

Mathies to LA 2013
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 02/16/06 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, she leads her team in scoring and in rebounds and is only second to Hornbuckle in assists I think. She's already lived up to every bit of the hype to me.

Last time they played GA she had 26 and 10. I don't think she duplicates those numbers tonight, especially if she has to run the offense too.

desafiada6

PostPosted: 02/16/06 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to think that Tennessee will come out firing BUT I think Tennessee is gonna need at LEAST a couple games to adjust to not having Hornbuckle, and Georgia's guards are gonna get after them. As much as it pains me, Georgia gets the W. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/16/06 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Parker's not going to put up Courtney Paris-like numbers. That's not what she has to do in order for her team to do well. It's not as if she's being defended 1-on-1 out there. The triple teams alone should tell you something.

Yeah, nobody ever triple teams Paris...

PostPosted: 02/16/06 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish both teams could lose. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/16/06 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Parker's not going to put up Courtney Paris-like numbers. That's not what she has to do in order for her team to do well. It's not as if she's being defended 1-on-1 out there. The triple teams alone should tell you something.

Yeah, nobody ever triple teams Paris...

Thank you!

mikey87

PostPosted: 02/16/06 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GA all the way baby I have faith in my dogs the VOLS and DAWGS are both playing with around 9 players but on both teams those 9 players are amazing I just think GA will take this one no doubt Very Happy

Mphswnbafan

PostPosted: 02/16/06 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee is going to have to match Georgia's fiestiness to pull one out tonight. I hope they dig down deep and find what it takes! Go Lady Vols Exclamation

Grumps

PostPosted: 02/16/06 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I'm getting tired of typing this, but maybe THIS will be the game that Parker stands up and shows us what all the hype is about.

Well if you are tired of typing it then don't...

Or is it the Admiral in you coming out...

Grumps

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/16/06 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is this offense if you even can call it offense......As much as I love my Lady Vols I don't see them winning tonight if they keep running offensive sets like this. Defense looks good though.... Parker's gonna need 50 tonight if Tennessee wants to win. Sad

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/16/06 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sherril Baker is a good defender and deserves recognition, but she plays very physically and in my opinion isn't getting called for some fouls.

Its kinda painful to watch my Lady Vols play this badly Crying or Very sad

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 02/16/06 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

at least the home town crowd is enjoying the game...
Rolling Eyes

wow. look at those turnover stats! ouch.

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/16/06 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Humphrey has not been impressive and I'm not sure the defense has been that spectacular on her.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 02/16/06 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it me, or do Sidney Spencer and Shanna Zolman push off quite a bit? Sherill Baker should have been called for a couple of fouls as well.

So, I've got a question: Is #3 for Tennessee Candace Parker? I'm not quite sure on the name Wink .

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/16/06 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A little sarcasm, but Yea thats CP3 and she's playing big down the stretch tryin to get a win for a reckless Tennessee team.

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/16/06 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow......the Lady Vols showed a lot of heart and character tonight. Parker stepped up big at the end. These girls might be ok down the stretch. Georgia didnt play as well defensively toward the end. Tennessee handled the pressure and got it done when it counted. I'm sure no one would have expected this after the first half.

mikey87

PostPosted: 02/16/06 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the VOLS are lucky to get this win TASHA has clobbered numerous times in the game that should have been a foul on PARKER the REFS are always in the VOLS corner PARKER is an awesome player but it's like you mightest well not play D on her because you will get called for the fall well congrats VOLS and DAWGS( im still in your corner regardless)

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/16/06 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mikey, Parker gets a lot of clean blocks. They look pretty bad but she can pull it off because of her length. Humphrey didnt assert herself tonight. Parker put the team on her shoulders down the stretch and played like a stud.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: