RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Louisville @ St. John's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/15/06 10:11 pm    ::: Louisville @ St. John's Reply Reply with quote

Another day, another key conference game. This time, the Red Storm showed up. 79-63 final.

Jazz Covington again did not impress me. I saw her against Rutgers and now I saw her against SJU, and both times she's been sub-par. She ain't all that. #35 for Louisville, McCoughtry (sp?), really impressed me. Nice moves, nice screens, great acting ability. Missy Taylor and Yuliya Tokova had fun batting rebounds all over the place. Louisville is a long, tall team, but they don't always use it well. They run a pretty backdoor. And, as a quick link check confirmed, their head coach was the former Colorado State head coach.

As for SJU: Kia Wright shot well, but we're worried about her. She came up holding her left side partway through the second half, and she did not look well when she came out. But when she was in- oh, my, she hit a three that had to be 25 feet at least. Monique "Baby Shameka" McLean also looked good- for a change, her shots were falling. Danielle Chambers was a beast on the boards- 14 rebounds. But why on earth does no one face the inbounder?!

Fun in the sense of extracurricular activities was had by the unrelated Barlows, Greeba of St. John's and Patrika of Louisville. They're both passionate, hotheaded players, so when they went up for a rather stupid pass, Patrika Barlow came down rather hard. Someone, either Olson or Taylor, elbowed Greeba in the... um... chest, and she took exception to that, vociferously. She had a good long chat with the ref. There was also a crash between Tara Walker and Angel McCoughtry, after which Tara gave Miss McCoughtry a glare of death.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: