RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

BC girl on Idol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/15/06 10:05 pm    ::: BC girl on Idol Reply Reply with quote

I believe she has made the top 24..(according to my dad, I didn't see it tonight)..anyway, she's pretty good, everyone vote for her..

PostPosted: 02/16/06 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

her name is Ayla Brown from Noble & Greenhough HS in MA. She is ranked number 36 by Blue Star. She is the only player ranked in the top 100 going to BC. I wonder if BC fans will vote for her or not being scared she may drop her scholarship to BC if she wins.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/16/06 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

she did make it through to the round of 24. simon said something along the lines of "it's no surprise because everything seems to come easily to you." when she did her first audition, they asked her what she'd do (to choose between bball and a singing career) if she progressed in "idol." i think she said something like she'd cross that bridge blah blah blah . . .

PostPosted: 02/16/06 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=121457

Dubbed the "all-American girl" by the show, Brown, 17, the daughter of state Sen. Scott Brown, R-Wrentham, and WCVB-TV news reporter Gail Huff, was the second Idol hopeful to be seen on last nights show.

"My name is Ayla Brown and Im from Wrentham, Massachusetts, and Ive been singing and playing basketball all my life, trying to balance the two," Brown said in an interview just before she entered the audition set. "Im going to be playing for the Boston College Lady Eagles next year on a full scholarship. Id say Im just as good at singing as basketball, and I work hard at both of them."

PostPosted: 02/16/06 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A note: Her dad has been virulently anti-gay in his votes and rhetoric. Wonder why he didn't want his daughter at Penn State?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/16/06 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
A note: Her dad has been virulently anti-gay in his votes and rhetoric. Wonder why he didn't want his daughter at Penn State?

Maybe there is a difference between voting against gay marriage and having someone teach your daughter to be discriminating against people...

Although, I think both are wrong..being anti-gay, and anti-gay marriage is two different things. (religious reasons, and what not. Rolling Eyes .)

PostPosted: 02/18/06 2:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She sings like she's auditioning for the Sarah Jessica Parker role in Annie. If she could just tone that shit down a bit...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: