RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lady Vols season officially over Hornbuckle out for season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 02/13/06 4:43 pm    ::: Lady Vols season officially over Hornbuckle out for season Reply Reply with quote

http://utladyvols.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/021306aaa.html

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 02/13/06 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that really, really sucks. injuries suck.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/13/06 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow, that does suck.

I was wondering how she wasn't more seriously hurt on that fall. It was nasty! She was holding her hand but stayed with it. Tough kid!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/13/06 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's really too bad. Hornbuckle is my second favorite LV.

Who plays point guard now for Tennessee?

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 02/13/06 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

At this point, Pat should see if she has any eligibility left.

So much bad shit has happened to this team at the one already thin position. I'm just sitting here laughing in delirium. I don't even know how to react. DAMN IT!

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/13/06 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

At this point, Pat should see if she has any eligibility left.

So much bad shit has happened to this team at the one already thin position. I'm just sitting here laughing in delirium. I don't even know how to react. DAMN IT!

Parker is going to have to play the point. They have 2 guards as it is, Hornbuckle and Zolman, and if I was a Tennessee fan, I would rather see Parker at the 1, than Z. Could you imagine Z trying to go into a head to head PG matchup with Harding, Latta, Ajavon, or even Renee Montgomery?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/13/06 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is just awful news. Hornbuckle's broken wrist seems to be the latest on the adversity list faced by this recruiting class (Fuller's injury last year, Parker's injury last year, SWG's transfer, Hornbuckle's wrist, etc.)

Get well soon, Alexis.

gopher5

PostPosted: 02/13/06 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is horrible news.

Tennessee will have a tough test as well since they have to go up against Georgia next.

Curious

PostPosted: 02/13/06 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can't really say anything profound here. This is just terrible. I really like watching Hornbuckle paly - heck I really like her name. Poor kid, my heart goes out to her. I hope she heals quickly - just for her own sake - it stinks not being able to use your hand.

caejal44

PostPosted: 02/13/06 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's horrible news. I would say that Zolman would handle the point mostly, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Parker. Who ran the point two years ago when Moore went out with an injury midseason? I think I remember Zolman handling it a lot. Best of luck.

PostPosted: 02/13/06 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that for her and the Vols. It's been fun watching her play this season and watching all of the top teams go head-to-head. While this is a big, big blow to her and the Vols, I would expect them to still be there down the stretch. Good luck to them!

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 02/13/06 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This really sucks. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 02/13/06 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow...I'm late on getting this news. This is HORRIBLE!! Sad

PostPosted: 02/13/06 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Tenn have another guard.

Zolman could play point, and move Spencer to Shooting guard, but I considered Spencer more of a Strother type of player, a wing who likes threes. I know they have a freshman (blonde) guard, maybe she'll step it up.

IMO, it's a bad idea for Parker to play point. Parker seems like she'll be a great player, but she isn't a guard. Sure she can pass well, but there is more to being a point than that. Zolman, IMO, is the best Tenn has.

PostPosted: 02/13/06 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caejal44 wrote:
That's horrible news. I would say that Zolman would handle the point mostly, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Parker. Who ran the point two years ago when Moore went out with an injury midseason? I think I remember Zolman handling it a lot. Best of luck.

Tasha Butts, Z spelled her some, but it was mostly Butts.

caejal44

PostPosted: 02/13/06 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
caejal44 wrote:

Thanks, I thought there was another guard. I remember watching the game at Georgia. UT won, but Zolman had problems with a Baker and Kendrick/Hardrick trap at midcourt. I can't pull for the LV's on Thursday, but I will for the rest of the season. I think they'll do well. It might just take a little time to adjust. It did for UGA this year with our injury situation.

It's definitely going to be a great game on Thursday.

PostPosted: 02/13/06 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caejal44 wrote:
rebkell wrote:
caejal44 wrote:

Thanks, I thought there was another guard. I remember watching the game at Georgia. UT won, but Zolman had problems with a Baker and Kendrick/Hardrick trap at midcourt. I can't pull for the LV's on Thursday, but I will for the rest of the season. I think they'll do well. It might just take a little time to adjust. It did for UGA this year with our injury situation.

Think Andy would swap a guard for a post player? Wink

mikey87

PostPosted: 02/13/06 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that really does suck but I wouldnt say their season is over just yet they still have PARKER now it's time for her to really step up to the plate

caejal44

PostPosted: 02/13/06 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
caejal44 wrote:
rebkell wrote:
caejal44 wrote:

Sure. We'll let you have one guard of your choice for Parker....hehe Parker and Humprhey down low. That would be illegal.

PostPosted: 02/13/06 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caejal44 wrote:
Grumps wrote:
caejal44 wrote:
rebkell wrote:
caejal44 wrote:

Sure. We'll let you have one guard of your choice for Parker....hehe Parker and Humprhey down low. That would be illegal.

PARKER and HUMPHREY on the same team man that would be insane talking about a headache for a coach and post players who already cant gaurd them now that would be the most dominating post tandem in the nation period

ChiChi

PostPosted: 02/13/06 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geez. Condolences to Vols fans. So much pressure on Shanna Zolman now.

Hornbuckle must have nerves of steel, if I broke anything I'd be screaming like a baby, not playing some game. She's been under stress lately, to say the least, with the pressure SWG leaving put on her, Duke heckling, and the blame for her technical in that LSU game.

If anyone can pull something out of the garbage Tennessee's had to deal with this year, it's Pat S.

Grumps

PostPosted: 02/13/06 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caejal44 wrote:
Grumps wrote:
caejal44 wrote:
rebkell wrote:
caejal44 wrote:

Sorry but can't make that one...Parker is our backup pt guard now so technically she is not a post... Very Happy

Grumps

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 02/13/06 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This really sucks Crying or Very sad .

Best wishes to Alexis on a speedy and full recovery!!

I'm very sorry Tennessee fans Crying or Very sad .

Just remember that Dom, Candace, Shanna, Lindsey, Tye, Sybil, Nikki, Sidney, and Alex will be out there busting their behinds game in and game out to make sure that they have a Boston "T" party...I wouldn't put it past them Smile .

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/13/06 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
This really sucks Crying or Very sad .

Best wishes to Alexis on a speedy and full recovery!!

I'm very sorry Tennessee fans Crying or Very sad .

Just remember that Dom, Candace, Shanna, Lindsey, Tye, Sybil, Nikki, Sidney, and Alex will be out there busting their behinds game in and game out to make sure that they have a Boston "T" party...I wouldn't put it past them Smile .

Well, I hope so, that would be one helluva feat. Word is Z is the designated point now, of course that was a natural assumption, but who knows. We now only have one active player under 6 feet. Geez ... our next best ball handler is 6-3(cough cough) more like 6-5

icey23

PostPosted: 02/13/06 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dont't count Tenn out.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: