RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Baylor @ Oklahoma
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/13/06 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

great game.

CONGRATS TO OU ON THE ATTENDANCE!!!! AWESOME!

Sophia will be a great pro. Courtney is amazing.

What a blast flipping channels between games yesterday!

gopher5

PostPosted: 02/13/06 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aside from her physical talent, I love to watch Courtney show how competitive she is and how much fun she is having out there. I loved the way she celebrated after hitting the first free throw in OT.

When she makes a big play, she shows her emotion but not in a trash talking kind of way.

swok- I agree with you on the free throws for Courtney. Debbie Antonelli talked to Sherri about it and Sherri said something along the lines of she gets better at them the more the game is on the line.

I also liked the comment from Sherri via Debbie that Courtney is an 8 on a scale of 1-10 skill wise and she is a 10 in terms of character, heart.

It was a wonderful game and great performance by Sophia, but Oklahoma is becoming one of my favorite teams.

ari20dal7

PostPosted: 02/13/06 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One other thing....

To be fair, if the game had been four points the other way, we'd all be talking about Sophia. That girl was a holy terror the whole way. There was a lot of quality on the floor for Baylor, but that girl was the only one that I feared. There were times where she just carried Baylor all by herself in a very difficult environment.

Whoever ends up with that one will be very fortunate.

swok34

PostPosted: 02/13/06 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree about Sophia, she is so amazingly athletic and has that pull up jumper that no one can stop.

I really think Courtney is going to do what Wiggins did in the Pac-10 last year and win both the POY and the FOY for the Big XII. But, the player award could just as easily go to Sophia Young.

I don't know if anyone realizes how many minutes Courtney plays when she's getting these kinds of numbers. Usually it is 25-30 minutes a game; rare is the game I've seen her play for 39 minutes. I believe I know of one occasion only.

Courtney has NEVER had to block out, nor play a whole lot of defense, her sheer size in High School was enough........

wait until this kid learns to block out and limit her fouls. I don't know that Sherri wants to see her play more than 25-30 minutes a game, if she has her rathers, especially a freshmen.

I thought Baylor played much better defense yesterday than in our first meeting....ditto, OU.

bullsky

PostPosted: 02/13/06 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
On Paris's size, though... what's amazing to me is how quick she is anyway. She is really pretty quick up and down the floor, and she didn't seem very tired yesterday either. It's uncanny.

When I first saw her I thought she was another Kelli Roehrig or maybe a Ebony Hoffman.

Shes WAY quicker than I thought.

PostPosted: 02/13/06 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Courtney Paris is just like an offensive lineman...big, but surprisingly quick and agile. She has a very similar frame to her father.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: