RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Guess I'm done with the other board!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 02/27/05 12:58 pm    ::: Guess I'm done with the other board! Reply Reply with quote

I've still been going there (and here) because people still have been posting over there more than here, but the missing "next message" link is the last straw... bummer on the missed content, but it's just too much of a pain to navigate... not to mention it seems to still be getting slower!

I'm thinking they want the board dead? anyway, if so, they are well on their way!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/27/05 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The people here are more fun to "hang around with" IMO; info is still good, and the 'tudes are better!

I like it here more than there! Very Happy

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 02/27/05 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="dtsnms"]The people here are more fun to "hang around with" IMO; info is still good, and the 'tudes are better!

I like it here more than there! Very Happy[/quote]

Yeah, the fights over there can be entertaining sometimes, although it's not the same since Beard, Taurasi and Powell left Smile

Over here just didn't seem too active before.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/27/05 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yesterday it was really hard to get on to that board. I agree, the missing posts sre irritating. I keep going to flat view to see what I've missed.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/27/05 1:47 pm    ::: Re: Guess I'm done with the other board! Reply Reply with quote

Gaucho Don wrote:
I've still been going there (and here) because people still have been posting over there more than here, but the missing "next message" link is the last straw... bummer on the missed content, but it's just too much of a pain to navigate... not to mention it seems to still be getting slower!

I'm thinking they want the board dead? anyway, if so, they are well on their way!

Well, everybody came over one day, for a few hours and then they all flocked back to the ESPN college board, at that point, I figured they just didn't want to use this board.

The ESPN boards have deteriorated over the last 6 months, ever since they just changed to the new format in the middle of the day, it has gotten progressively worse, I can't imagine what happened to the next button? it happened from one post to the next last night, it was there and then it was gone. They have basically cut off all navigation as you mentioned.

I had a bug here, but I think for the most part it is working ok now. The newest button on the topic list works fairly well now, so that you can pick up where you left off, it wasn't working consistently before, but I think I found the fix for it, it has been working fine for me, it sometimes gets a bit lost when I move from one machine to another, but that's just one of them things I guess.

I tried to work on a Next message on this board, but the way the board software is written, it just doesn't make sense, I do have the latest messages, but there isn't an easy way to step through them, but the Topics list seems to work well and it drops you in the middle of a topic, where you last left off, and that works for me.

KatValeska

PostPosted: 02/27/05 4:15 pm    ::: Re: Guess I'm done with the other board! Reply Reply with quote

IMO, the fact that we all keep clinging to ESPN instead of moving here simply shows what a bunch of idiots we are. This board is superior in every way, except for one - the posters are mostly over there.

I just wish folks would realize that "the board" isn't ESPN, it is the posters and if we just moved here then this would be The Board.

But as I've mentioned to rebkell before, I believe folks are too afraid their posts won't be seen if they move over here.

Silly. And I'm as guilty as anyone.

I went to reply to a post over there and got the "you are being redirected to the page you were last on" message instead.

Heehee - hey RK, how about changing the name of this forum to "Geno's women's college hoops forum" and, ya know, see what happens?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/27/05 4:23 pm    ::: Re: Guess I'm done with the other board! Reply Reply with quote

ProfessorChaos06 wrote:

Heehee - hey RK, how about changing the name of this forum to "Geno's women's college hoops forum" and, ya know, see what happens?

LMAO!

I still check the other board sometimes because there's a few people that I like to read who only post there. - but MAN, it's been frustrating lately!

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/27/05 4:26 pm    ::: Re: Guess I'm done with the other board! Reply Reply with quote

ProfessorChaos06 wrote:
IMO, the fact that we all keep clinging to ESPN instead of moving here simply shows what a bunch of idiots we are. This board is superior in every way, except for one - the posters are mostly over there.

I just wish folks would realize that "the board" isn't ESPN, it is the posters and if we just moved here then this would be The Board.

But as I've mentioned to rebkell before, I believe folks are too afraid their posts won't be seen if they move over here.

Silly. And I'm as guilty as anyone.

I went to reply to a post over there and got the "you are being redirected to the page you were last on" message instead.

Heehee - hey RK, how about hanging the name of this forum to "Geno's women's college hoops forum" and, ya know, see what happens?

Maybe, or give it a duke flavor, Rebel's Den or the Junk Yard ... Slummitt, Pokey's

Matt5762

PostPosted: 02/27/05 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, Rebkell.

I never found my way over here the last time around, but the ESPN boards seem to be going to pot so I'll try to post over here. It seems much more functional already. (And watch: I bet when I click submit my post will actually go through...what a novel concept!)

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/27/05 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
Thanks, Rebkell.

I never found my way over here the last time around, but the ESPN boards seem to be going to pot so I'll try to post over here. It seems much more functional already. (And watch: I bet when I click submit my post will actually go through...what a novel concept!)

Yeah, what a novel concept, a message board that allows messages to be posted LOL ... if you like the WNBA, we've got the cream of the crop on this board, at least I think they are, and I'm sure they'll tell you the same. Smile

cjavolfan

PostPosted: 02/27/05 8:02 pm    ::: Count me in Reply Reply with quote

I'm finished with the ESPN board as well. I didn't post a lot, but just trying to read the posts has become a chore. I have deleted it from my favorites, which I think ESPN would be happy to hear... Laughing

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/27/05 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rebkell, are you Sidkell on the Summitt?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/27/05 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Rebkell, are you Sidkell on the Summitt?

Yes.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 02/27/05 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I don't have a problem with the ESPN message boards since I've never had them on threaded view. I've always read them on flat view and the 'next message' in thread and 'next topic' links are always there. I like all the boards including this one.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/27/05 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
I guess I don't have a problem with the ESPN message boards since I've never had them on threaded view. I've always read them on flat view and the 'next message' in thread and 'next topic' links are always there. I like all the boards including this one.

There is a next Message? it disappeared last night, did you find it somewhere? I've never seen a next topic at all since the changeover.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 02/27/05 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[/quote]

There is a next Message? it disappeared last night, did you find it somewhere? I've never seen a next topic at all since the changeover.[/quote]

I get Original message, thread(# in thread) prev, next, messages, prev, next.

It's never disappeared from my usage.

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 02/27/05 8:56 pm    ::: Intentional? Reply Reply with quote

It really almost seems like it must be intentional... with the constant changing over there and no recent improvements to explain it... Makes me wonder are they trying to kill the board?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/27/05 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the next message deletion is the last straw for me as well. the espn board is just too much of a PITA to navigate. it's so slow it's ridiculous.

this place is fine w/ me. thanks again, rk.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/27/05 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I with Don on the theory that they're trying to kill the board.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/27/05 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I think the next message deletion is the last straw for me as well. the espn board is just too much of a PITA to navigate. it's so slow it's ridiculous.

this place is fine w/ me. thanks again, rk.

No problem, this one is working pretty well now, the newest message thing was the one thing that was missing. It seems to work ok now, I can move around now and keep up with the posts, I usually click the link at the top of all the pages "Rebkell's Junkie Boards Forum Index" and it shows any new posts in any of the forums and then it has the little yellow square with an arrow pointing at it(or blue if using the Macinscott template) that will take you to the latest message in the topic.

njjosh

PostPosted: 02/27/05 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have the problem with no "next message" button when I view it at work, but I do have the "edit message" button there. When I view it from my computer at home, it's the opposite. Go figure.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/27/05 9:48 pm    ::: New board Reply Reply with quote

How does everyone get the pictures under their names?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/27/05 9:49 pm    ::: Re: New board Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
How does everyone get the pictures under their names?

You pay reb extra for that option! He'll send you his paypal account.

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/27/05 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go to 'profile' after logging in and the upload avatar thingy is at the bottom of the page.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/27/05 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Go to 'profile' after logging in and the upload avatar thingy is at the bottom of the page.

Shhh, I got him hooked for $$$! Don't tell keegs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: