RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

oscar walkup
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard 77

PostPosted: 02/27/05 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm watching Star Trek Generations now...[/quote]

While it lasts right? I heard it was cancelled....

Holly goes to the line shooting two...[/quote]

Enterprise WAS cancelled. The rest of the series runs to May. I'm watching Generations. You know...Picard meets Kirk...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/27/05 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
I'm watching Star Trek Generations now...

While it lasts right? I heard it was cancelled....

Holly goes to the line shooting two...[/quote]

Enterprise WAS cancelled. The rest of the series runs to May. I'm watching Generations. You know...Picard meets Kirk...[/quote]

Nope; you got me there. Forgot it was the movie. Not a Trek man, myself.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/27/05 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shoot it Jimmy! Shoot it!

He shoots, he scores!!!! Hickory wins the championship! Gene Hackman gets the honey! Dennis Hopper gets to go blow up speeding buses!

And I get to put Puppy Whalen out for the night. Later all!

Richard 77

PostPosted: 02/27/05 10:23 pm    ::: Must be that type of day... (warning! language. RAO Risk.) Reply Reply with quote

I watch Popeye the movie on DVD earlier today.

In a crisis situation, Popeye yells the word, "Shit!"

Now I'm watching Star Trek Generations.

In a crisis situation, Data yells the word, "Shit!"

(The full line is, "Oh, shit!")

Now there's a long thread regarding the ESPN Message board where everyone seems to be saying, "Shit!"

Must be that type of day.

Pardon the language

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/27/05 10:25 pm    ::: Re: Must be that type of day... (warning! language. RAO Risk Reply Reply with quote

I may go over there and put in my two cents but it'll take an hour to make the post

therese_defarge

PostPosted: 02/27/05 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
HOOSIERS!!!!!

ESPN Classic, right now. The best sports movie ever!

I was disappointed. I needed to see how the coach turned them into a winning team. Apart from making then dribble around chairs, and 4 passes before each shot I didn't see it. I thought the games were fairly unconvincing as well. I have yet to see a sports movie that catches the excitement, the ebbs and flows and the tactics of a real game.

I was also annoyed that the film didn't adequately deal with the coach having slugged a player in his college coaching days. Somehow they had to convince me it wouldn't happen again. His regular ejections from games left me with the opposite impression.

PostPosted: 02/27/05 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Therese,
I don't know what part of Paris your in, but over in the hilly neighborhood by Ecole Polytechnique there is this little Italian Restaurant that is THE BOMB! I forgot the name. It's a really tiny place - everyone in that part of town knows the place.
Dang, I miss Paris! As soon as the dollar gets higher than the Euro, I have to get back.

therese_defarge

PostPosted: 02/28/05 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Therese,
I don't know what part of Paris your in, but over in the hilly neighborhood by Ecole Polytechnique there is this little Italian Restaurant that is THE BOMB! I forgot the name. It's a really tiny place - everyone in that part of town knows the place.

L'Osteria? I doubt it though. It's over the river, not in the hills, but it does have a good name. Why would anybody eat Italian anyway. Pasta in everything, meat cooked too quickly, overuse of garlic, warm red wine, too many tomatoes and too much oil. The worst thing is what they do to potatoes. Potatoes are supposed to be roasted, creamed, sauteed, fried and many interesting variations. The Italians turn them into gnochi which have the flavor and consistency of plasticine.

I and my husband own a wineshop in the suburb of St Antoine which is across the river from L'Ecole Polytechnique and affords ready access to La Place de L'Guillotine.

PostPosted: 02/28/05 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: