RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

KV gets offer sheet...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:22 pm    ::: KV gets offer sheet... Reply Reply with quote

from Phoenix. She would be a great fit there and I know she would love playing with the likes of DT, PT and ADe.

But, I really don't see her leaving Seattle...she has a more than fierce affection for the fans. There has been discussion regarding retirement in the past, yet I am not sure that money could pry her away from the Storm.

Can you see a line up of Dee, Penny, Anna, GWEN JACKSON and Kamila?

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll be very shocked if Seattle doesn't match. They certainly have the cap space to with Tully and Sheri gone.
kinkitola

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's restricted and I doubt AD will let her walk. She's been such an intrigal part of our success.

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not to mention her jersey should be the first one retired by the Storm.

"If Seattle decides to sit Wright, Little and Stricklen for the majority of the season for stuffy noses, ingrown toenails and acid reflux you can start talking about shams." psheehy
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agree with each of you, but the Storm also need some substantial back up in the guard ranks. They should be in good shape with filling the three spot by committee with Thompson and Barnes, but they were very lean in the back court last year, at least in terms of numbers of players available. Tully will be more difficult to replace, I fear...such an interesting combination of guts without the need for glory.

Frierson is still part of the front court roster, but she is no Burse or Vodichkova. I would expect the Storm to step up on this one.

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Anne wasn't so averse to rookies, the Storm could be getting decent players for much cheaper. Hopefully Anne puts up some thought into her #12 pick this year (Chelsea Newton/Erica Smith-Taylor are my suggestions).

I guess the Storm signing Bibby and (probably) Castro Marques is her version of cost-cutting. They'd be on cheap contracts and they have experience.
caune

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
If Anne wasn't so averse to rookies, the Storm could be getting decent players for much cheaper. Hopefully Anne puts up some thought into her #12 pick this year (Chelsea Newton/Erica Smith-Taylor are my suggestions).

I guess the Storm signing Bibby and (probably) Castro Marques is her version of cost-cutting. They'd be on cheap contracts and they have experience.

Seth is busy driving up evryones prices, but this offer seems unrealistic to me....unless he knows something we don't???
I would love to have Kamilla on the team though!

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Seth is busy driving up evryones prices, but this offer seems unrealistic to me....unless he knows something we don't???
I would love to have Kamilla on the team though!

SonOfOovy claimed that SASS offered Kamila the max, so I find this interesting as well.
kinkitola

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shed wrote:
Not to mention her jersey should be the first one retired by the Storm.

Word! Period!

Well, her's and Simone's too.

PostPosted: 02/25/05 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously, though...talk about a team that has no cap problems...Phoenix is it. Nicki McCray is the only 4+ year vet and the closest after her are Penny and Anna with four years...and no one at the league max, that I know of. I have to think that McCray's services will end up somewhere else this year.

Seth has some money to offer and space in the barn for a big girl like Kamila. She is the most limber player I have ever seen for her size...watch her during stretching warmups, it is amazing.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/25/05 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What next? Question

This just in:
The Phoenix Mercury sign Adia Barnes, Alicia Thompson, Janel Burse, Simone Edwards and Betty Lennox to offer sheets.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/25/05 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thompson already re-signed with the Storm and news about Lennox is nil. Even Seattle isn't talking about her, seems that KV was the next priority after Lauren...natch.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 02/25/05 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is an interesting situation because Seattle has two posts besides LJ who are RFA. If Seattle matches KV's offer (which is likely), then Seth can go after Janel Burse and drive up Seattle's cap even more or get a decent player for less. Of course, if Seattle doesn't want to have Seth dictate what they will be playing their players, they could consider a sign and trade with Burse.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/25/05 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exactly, Sportsfan. If Seattle matches on Vodi, Phoenix can then go after Burse...a player Phoenix has wanted for a while.

I didn't believe it yesterday when I heard the news. I don't think Vodi is capable of being a top post option without another solid scorer beside her.

inky

PostPosted: 02/25/05 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I don't think Vodi is capable of being a top post option without another solid scorer beside her.

Exactly yourself, CamrnCrz.

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/26/05 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SonOfOovy says that the Mercury offered Kamila a three year max contract.

If true, I don't know what to say really. If Seattle doesn't match, she better make it worthwhile!
Shed

PostPosted: 02/26/05 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just because they've offered her three years doesn't mean she'll be around for that long. Maybe that's their strategy, trying to get the Storm to raise their payroll by matching the very high offer with the gamble that if they get her they may only have to pay her the max for a year because of either retirement or they'll trade her away the following year.

"If Seattle decides to sit Wright, Little and Stricklen for the majority of the season for stuffy noses, ingrown toenails and acid reflux you can start talking about shams." psheehy
sparkfan33

PostPosted: 02/27/05 1:21 am    ::: Re: KV gets offer sheet... Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
from Phoenix. She would be a great fit there and I know she would love playing with the likes of DT, PT and ADe.

But, I really don't see her leaving Seattle...she has a more than fierce affection for the fans. There has been discussion regarding retirement in the past, yet I am not sure that money could pry her away from the Storm.

Can you see a line up of Dee, Penny, Anna, GWEN JACKSON and Kamila?

Who the heck is KV?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/27/05 1:58 am    ::: Re: KV gets offer sheet... Reply Reply with quote

sparkfan33 wrote:

Who the heck is KV?

http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/kamila_vodichkova/index.html?nav=page

Last edited by rebkell on 02/27/05 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
momma hoops

PostPosted: 02/27/05 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamila Vodichkava (sp?)

PostPosted: 02/27/05 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if donovan lets kamila get away, it'd be my first reason to stop rooting for seattle. i'm gonna hope for sportsfan's and cam's scenario. she has earned her green, literally and figuratively, having stood up against her own countrypeople. and who can forget the six stitches in her head, at the hands of lisa leslie?

PostPosted: 02/28/05 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was surprised by this development. The last I knew Kathleen Valeska was writing for a newspaper in Colorado. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/28/05 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am PRAYING Seattle matches the offer...so Phoenix can go after Janell Burse.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/28/05 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I am PRAYING Seattle matches the offer...so Phoenix can go after Janell Burse.

Hypothetically, if it were a one year thing, would you rather have Burse or KV?
Coz I must admit, I am slowly warming to the idea of Kamila.

The 3 years concerns me for sure, but Burse to me is also kinda risky.
KV is tough, even when she's not scoring. Janell seems more inconsistant and is also an injury risk.

... and then I think about who we might draft...

If we were to somehow get McCarville then I think Janel + Janell seems a better combo than Janel + KV.
On the other hand if we miss out on drafting a post player then KV gives us the rock in the middle that we lack at the moment.
But then if Maria shows up... ?? Confused Confused

At this point I will be happy with acquiring either Storm player. I've resigned myself to the fact that last year was our quantum leap, and from now on it will be improvement in gradual steps.
I'm fine with that... it sure beats the steady decline we've experienced over the previous 4 or 5 years.

PostPosted: 02/28/05 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of Espionage Barbie...

Stepanova played with Vodichkova on a Russian club team. Seth Sulka is hopeful that familiarity could spur Stepanova's return to the Mercury (From AZCentral).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: