RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Alabama vs. Georgia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CKent

PostPosted: 02/05/06 5:15 pm    ::: Alabama vs. Georgia Reply Reply with quote

Georgia - 84, 'Bama - 59. This one was brutal. Sheer brutality. Georgia played like a nationally-ranked team for maybe 6-8 minutes in the first half...tops, jumping out to an early 21 point lead. Fortunately, that was all that was needed against an overmatched Alabama team that turned the ball over 35 times. After that quick start, it was barnyard basketball at its most unwatchable. Bodies were flying all over the place. Tasha Humphrey got popped in the mouth, drawing blood. Maybe a good warm-up act for a smashmouth Super Bowl, but a basketball game for the time capsule it was most definitely not.

The young lady just to the left of this post, Janese Hardrick, came off the bench for Georgia and scored 14 while also coming up with 8 steals. Sherill Baker had what passes for an off-day for her these days, scoring 15 despite shooting 33% and getting "only" 3 steals. Tasha, IMO, let the banging she was taking get into her head a little bit. She ended up with a 16-point, 12-board double-double but never really got into a groove. Cori Chambers had 16 first half points, finishing with 18. Navonda Moore had a 23 point day for the Tide, adding a dozen boards for her own double-double.

Georgia was bound for a letdown, coming off back-to-back league blowouts against ranked opponents. They were able to phone it in a little bit today. They've got a full week of practice to find their mojo before going on the road to LSU and then back home for the Lady Vols.

mikey87

PostPosted: 02/05/06 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TASHA sure has been taking a beating lately but I think she's tired of that so now it's like she's fouling them back some times harder but she's awesome im not worried about that we had 46 points off turnovers man that's alot, I agree HARDRICK is also my favorite bulldog im glad to see her back healthy this is not the same HARDRICK we saw last year which is why this team is much improved we have 3 big games coming up we can win them all if we play defense like we have been lately and just come out and compete anything can happen

GO DAWGS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: