RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Virginia @Maryland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/05/06 2:17 pm    ::: Virginia @Maryland Reply Reply with quote

The Terps down the Hoo's 85-71 giving them a season sweep over the Cavaliers which hasn't happened since 1989 Shocked

If Lindsey Harding and Ivory Latta are the top two point guards in the league then Kristi Toliver and Sharnee Zoll are the top two underclassmen point guards. Both scored 16 points today with Zoll racking up 12 assists and Toliver with 9.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/05/06 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Terps on getting the big win. It's not surprising that both UVA/UMD were exciting to watch! Smile Lots of heavy production on both sides:

Double figures
UVA: Sardin (22), Zoll (16), Granberry (13)
Maryland: Doron (23), Harper (17), Toliver (16), Langhorne (10)

Double-doubles
UVA: Sardin (22 pts, 10 reb), Zoll (16 pts, 12 assists)
Maryland: Harper (17 pts, 10 reb)

Save Doron and Sardin, all the other players are underclassmen (frosh and sophs). Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the future of the ACC! Wink

So much is made of the Harding/Latta battles, but the nation will be introduced to Toliver/Zoll next season. I promise you that.

Iluvacc, I know that you like Maryland and Virginia and really enjoy the Toliver/Zoll battle as much as I do, so take a look at this.

Mathies to LA 2013
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/05/06 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Congrats to the Terps on getting the big win. It's not surprising that both UVA/UMD were exciting to watch! Smile Lots of heavy production on both sides:

Double figures
UVA: Sardin (22), Zoll (16), Granberry (13)
Maryland: Doron (23), Harper (17), Toliver (16), Langhorne (10)

Double-doubles
UVA: Sardin (22 pts, 10 reb), Zoll (16 pts, 12 assists)
Maryland: Harper (17 pts, 10 reb)

Save Doron and Sardin, all the other players are underclassmen (frosh and sophs). Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the future of the ACC! Wink

So much is made of the Harding/Latta battles, but the nation will be introduced to Toliver/Zoll next season. I promise you that.

Iluvacc, I know that you like Maryland and Virginia and really enjoy the Toliver/Zoll battle as much as I do, so take a look at this.

Thanks for the pic bballfan I love it!!!!! I wish I could resize it and make it my avatar Laughing

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming battles between the Terps and Cavs especially with Monica Wright coming aboard next year and the return of Kalika France.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/05/06 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The future looks bright for ACC guards. While the SEC has slightly better forwards and post players (Fowles, Humphrey, Parker, Anosike, Carrier, etc.), the ACC has tremendous young guard/wing talent (though Langhorne, Harper, Black, Littles, and Larkins are pretty good themselves).

Mathies to LA 2013
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 02/05/06 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marissa Coleman can also be a talented wing as well. Is she playing more SG for Maryland, or is she playing more wing?

I'm going to start applying to colleges this summer...I'm very tempted to go to an ACC school to see all of this great young talent.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/05/06 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Marissa Coleman can also be a talented wing as well. Is she playing more SG for Maryland, or is she playing more wing?

I'm going to start applying to colleges this summer...I'm very tempted to go to an ACC school to see all of this great young talent.

Coleman's playing the wing, as Doron has moved over to SG and Toliver back into the point guard slot (finally). No doubt that she's immensely talented. My bad...she did have 10 points for Maryland today.

As for applying to ACC schools, I say go for it! I went to one and felt it was well worth my time. These schools (many of which are known for their great academic tradition) house tremendous young talent and are always looking for supporters from all walks of life. Additionally, they'd really appreciate student/young adult support. Smile I'm in the process of relocating myself so that I can support two schools next year.

Mathies to LA 2013
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/05/06 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are you ready for some football? Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: