RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SEATTLE...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boogiezen

PostPosted: 02/21/05 6:42 am    ::: SEATTLE... Reply Reply with quote

where in the world is ANne Donovan? i mean Seattle is soooooo quiet these days.... Confused any news regarding Tully situation? trade?

i'm getting paranoid right now....

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
momma hoops

PostPosted: 02/21/05 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're all hanging on the "no news is good news" hopefullness about Tully. It's driving us nuts!

PostPosted: 02/23/05 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/fever/

This bites

PostPosted: 02/23/05 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't help but believe that there's a master plan in action somewhere...that no one knows about...that no one could figure out.

But what else would have to go out of the Pacific Northwest to replace Tully?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/23/05 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uh, did you not read the thread posted weeks ago about Tully?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/23/05 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Jimmy just got here Cam. He probably didn't see your post about Tully.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/23/05 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now, now, Cam,

These are Seattle fans, so we should commiserate with them and the fact that they have lost the second player from their Championship team. Tully was wildly popular there...a real fan favorite.

You called it rightly, so enjoy your triumph.

If you have not gone through winning a championship and what it means to a community/city, you cannot know how heart-wrenching it can be to see pieces of your team disappear.

And it still won't be a game until Tully hits the floor, no matter whose jersey she has on.

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/23/05 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Down boy, down Laughing
kinkitola

PostPosted: 02/23/05 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear Cam, Sir Buffness on high, thanks to Keegs who passed this info onto us over in Stormland, we did indeed know. However, we all wanted to live in denial. None of us wanted to believe that Tully would leave Seattle.

PostPosted: 02/23/05 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
None of us wanted to believe that Tully would leave Seattle.

Who could blame you? I'd love her on the Mercury.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 02/23/05 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oopsie. Goofed up.

I knew about Tully...I was referring to another trade. Anne Donovan pulled off a huge trade last offseason...I'm thinking that with Tully now gone, she's possibly got something up her sleeve to trade to get a backup for Bird.

But the more I look, the less I have it figured out. I've looked over and over lots of things and I have absolutely no clue what's going on out there.

Guess Storm fans just gotta wait and see.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/23/05 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jimmy - You're in Tennessee. You like the Storm.

'Splain.

kinkitola

PostPosted: 02/23/05 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

You have enough Aussies thank you kindly.

PostPosted: 02/23/05 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Anne wasn't so averse to rookies, she could acquire a decent backup PG through the draft (and it would be cheap). Yolanda Paige and Kristin Haynie are possibilities.

I'd like to see her worry about other things first. Like perimeter players and another post?
Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/23/05 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Keegan,
How high has Indy (w/ Tully) moved up in your favorite teams list now?

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/23/05 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Hey Keegan,
How high has Indy (w/ Tully) moved up in your favorite teams list now?

A bit higher. Love Tully but am indifferent towards Hibbert. I'm sort of a bit "meh" towards most of the East teams anyway so I'd say they're the leading East team.
jimmyk

PostPosted: 02/23/05 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovy, I also like the Calgary Flames and Chicago Cubs. So there. Cool

Short and sweet version of the story...girl playing number 10 in 2001 and 2002 in Connecticut runs through, around, over, and underneath Tennessee most years she's there. So...fast forward to the summer, where I'm talking with a friend and all of a sudden remember her, but not her name. So I looked her up...Sue Bird. She plays for the Seattle Storm.

Being the weather guy that I am (currently studying to be a certified meteorologist, in fact), the nickname got me. And then when I found out that their mascot is a big, red, Sesame Street-monster type thing named Doppler, I died laughing and decided I must follow this team. Over time, I started to pay more attention to other players besides Sue Bird...Lauren Jackson, Adia Barnes, etc.

Last season, I even did a weather warning thing where every playoff win the Storm would go up 1 on the scale from F0 to F5...I wrote out warnings and everything...and if you've seen Twister, you know what an F5 is to storm chasers. Which is what the Storm ended up being last season, the only time ever again where that system will work since they start 3-3-5 in '05. I even planned myself a "Storm Chasing" trip...every offseason since including this one...but it didn't work out and I only got to see them in Charlotte.

Speaking of that, my other favorite team happened because I saw the Storm play there, June 30, 2003. I drove all the way down to Charlotte and watched the Storm play, then drove all the way back home, after getting lost in Charlotte for an hour in the process. I had a blast at the game, as the fans in Charlotte were hilarious. If I had a dime for every time that guy yelled, "Get in the game, Kelly Miller!" in that one game, I'd have had enough to buy a Dawn Staley jersey.

Therefore, the Sting are merely my favorite Eastern Conference team. I like them because I've been to three games (my first three pro games of any type that I've been to live) there and I had a blast all three times. It's a lot of fun. I'm hoping to go to at least four games this year, and I can't wait until they start playing in the new building in '06.

So there you have it...two explanations for the price of one.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/23/05 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makes sense to me Jimmy.

More sense than my Fever fan in L.A. explanation - "Uh, I dunno. I just love Indy." lol!
For some reason I like Sac in the West. - the fact that they finally beat L.A. in the playoffs was really exciting to watch.
I like Miami Heat because I hate the Lakers.

: )

ageckogirl

PostPosted: 02/23/05 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:

Guess Storm fans just gotta wait and see.

Anne likes secrecy...she likes to hold all the cards real close and then reveal at one time. POOF here is the team! I personally would like to hear something out of the Storm office. Granted there was some comments today but nothing like "we are going to miss Tully" or "we thank Sheri for her contributions to the team".....more or less like see the floor to the door. Wink

Shed

PostPosted: 02/24/05 5:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kinkitola wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

You have enough Aussies thank you kindly.

Yes dammit and the Storm only have one now. Crying or Very sad I mean crap Indiana have more. lol

"If Seattle decides to sit Wright, Little and Stricklen for the majority of the season for stuffy noses, ingrown toenails and acid reflux you can start talking about shams." psheehy
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/24/05 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jimmy, the weather dictates you root for the Sun in the east, not the Sting! Come on now! Plus, the Sue B. connection to Connecticut, no brainer!

jimmyk

PostPosted: 02/24/05 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ha, ha...that's funny.

I had to pick my (somewhat) local team in that instance. Being from Tennessee, I don't like much that comes out of Connecticut anyway. It's just a fluke that I like Sue Bird and can tolerate ESPN.

Speaking of local teams and Tennessee, I've heard rumblings about a Knoxville or Nashville team. That would possibly change my allegiance in the East. I know I'd get season tickets if there was a team in Knoxville...but Nashville would be to Charlotte as six is to a half dozen.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/24/05 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, what are some options for Seattle to pick up a "veteran, back-up" point guard? Name some players that can fit with Bird and Jackson. Seattle still has some trade bait (Lennox, Vodichkova and Burse), but I don't think they really want to lose any of those players at this point. They have no stroke with packaging their draft pick at #12, either, with this draft class.

There are lots of free agents out there, but I can only come up with Ivey as a possible fit there. She is a RFA, so Indy could try to match and keep her. What about Nikki McCray? She is UFA and could sign anywhere.

Anyone else?

jimmyk

PostPosted: 02/24/05 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was talking with Queenie about this very thing last night, and Nikki McCray is about the only useful player either of us could think of that would fit in Seattle. And I even went through the rosters of all the other twelve teams.

Noting that I'm not the most well versed in knowing who plays what 1 or 2, I could've overlooked something. But I'm learning...that's one reason I'm here, to learn more about things like that.

caune

PostPosted: 02/24/05 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
So, what are some options for Seattle to pick up a "veteran, back-up" point guard? Name some players that can fit with Bird and Jackson. Seattle still has some trade bait (Lennox, Vodichkova and Burse), but I don't think they really want to lose any of those players at this point. They have no stroke with packaging their draft pick at #12, either, with this draft class.

There are lots of free agents out there, but I can only come up with Ivey as a possible fit there. She is a RFA, so Indy could try to match and keep her. What about Nikki McCray? She is UFA and could sign anywhere.

Anyone else?

hmm, maybe some sort of Veal for Burse trade would work;)
It'd give you another Aussie and give us a center Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: