RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue @ Iowa
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desafiada6

PostPosted: 02/02/06 8:13 pm    ::: Purdue @ Iowa Reply Reply with quote

Early, it seems like Erin is starting to get out of her shooting slump!

GO BOILERS!!

PostPosted: 02/02/06 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue up by 6 at the half, Katie Gearlds is a no show (1-6) so far on the offensive side. Hope she gets it going in the 2nd half as this Iowa team ain't going away!

PostPosted: 02/02/06 8:56 pm    ::: Re: Purdue @ Iowa Reply Reply with quote

desafiada6 wrote:
Early, it seems like Erin is starting to get out of her shooting slump!

GO BOILERS!!

Purdue up 38-32 at the half....they were up double digits earlier in the half but once again instead of turning on the jets they slack off. However, there was a 6-foul discrepancy against the Boilers.....Webb had three fouls in the half.

They have a lot of work to do in the second half to hold off Iowa.

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

come on Purdue you have to beat Iowa in overtime.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:

And that helps Minnesota in which way?

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
gopherfan wrote:

Maybe Gopherfan just admires Kristi Curry a lot. Heck, I admire Kristi Curry a lot.

But I still want Iowa to win this one. Hawks up 4 with 1:40 to play!

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
gopherfan wrote:

Maybe Gopherfan just admires Kristi Curry a lot. Heck, I admire Kristi Curry a lot.

Purdue loses 77-71.....DAMN THEM.

Purdue's inability to score consistently this season has finally caught up to them. Iowa's freshmen schooled Purdue's entire team and Purdue's normally stout defense has failed miserably.

And it doesn't get any easier cause this Sunday Rene will be riding her team big time to try and kick the Boilers while they're slightly down.

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While we're talking Big Ten (not to hijack the thread), Indiana def. Wisconsin 71-64.

desafiada6

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OUCH! This one stings...I'm disappointed listening to the radio and the commentators saying that no player looked like she wanted the ball in the last seconds of regulation.

Gotta wonder if the outcome would've been different had Lawless not fouled out and had Gearlds' game been on offensively.

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
gopherfan wrote:

I do admire Kristi Curry and I like Purdue as much as I love the gopher. (but you i have to take my gophers over Purdue any day)

Damn they lost. Sad

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

desafiada6 wrote:
OUCH! This one stings...I'm disappointed listening to the radio and the commentators saying that no player looked like she wanted the ball in the last seconds of regulation.

Gotta wonder if the outcome would've been different had Lawless not fouled out and had Gearlds' game been on offensively.

Gearlds has got to step it up and be more consistent. She can't have single digit games every other game. Her job is to score, plain and simple.

They aren't out of the race but they sure haven't helped their cause that's for sure.

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue had FOUR turnovers in the final two minutes of the game. Two by Aya Traore and two by Erin Lawless.

Purdue gave this one away.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
Purdue had FOUR turnovers in the final two minutes of the game. Two by Aya Traore and two by Erin Lawless.

Purdue gave this one away.

Oh they more than gave this one away. They all sat in a circle, wrapped it up real pretty in shiny paper and a big bow, and then collectively went to Iowa's front door, rang the doorbell, Iowa's freshmen answered, took it and never even said thank you!!!

Extremely disappointing and mostly disappointed in Katie Gearlds. I've been quiet about her all season but she really needs to be a double-digit scorer every single game.

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who the heck was guarding this Ausdemore?!?

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

desafiada6 wrote:

Ummmm, no one??? Laughing

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
desafiada6 wrote:

Ummmm, no one??? Laughing

LOL! Yeah, I suppose you're right. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/02/06 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
I do admire Kristi Curry ...

does that mean you don't admire Bluder, the early 20th century midwestern school marm?

wacokid

PostPosted: 02/02/06 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where's PUmatty?
He trash-talked Baylor all year and look at Purdue.
Why can't PU beat an unranked team?

bullsky

PostPosted: 02/02/06 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wacokid wrote:
Where's PUmatty?
He trash-talked Baylor all year and look at Purdue.
Why can't PU beat an unranked team?

In his defense, Iowa is a lot better than Missouri.

PostPosted: 02/02/06 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
does that mean you don't admire Bluder, the early 20th century midwestern school marm?

Cant say I do since I don’t know a lot about Bluder and her Iowa team. I just started watching collage ball last year, so I am not quite caught up with all the teams. I was impressed with Curry and the Purdue gang last year with the effort they showed at the Big tournament and the NCAA tournament . I also liked Hikes and Gearlds leadership they showed.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 02/03/06 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think tonight's games could put Iowa and MIST in a tie for third place in the B10- a feat I would have thought impossible for Iowa at the beginning of the season. But Iowa always seems to play the role of spoiler- a couple of seasons ago, IA was not in the running, but a win and a loss at IA City decided the championship between MN and PSU.

PostPosted: 02/03/06 2:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Mizzou is worse than Iowa, they aren't much worse.

Mizzou is a solid team this year.

I can't imagine they will be able to stop Oklahoma and Courtney Paris, but it will be the first time I root against the Sooners this year...

PostPosted: 02/03/06 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that is disappointing. Many Purdue fans were concerned about this game, but I really wasn't. Bluder had appeared to be a one-trick pony, and Curry had figured out that trick. Didn't get to hear the game, but apparently it didn't matter.

Purdue is one of the handful of teams that could make the Final Four, but could also lose in the second round. Inconsistency reigns. I am concerned aboiut the lack of consistent fire in Katie Gearlds. If she misses her first couple of shots, she disappears. If that happens, Purdue is in trouble. Bench scoring also concerns me. We don't have any. Campbell and Bogdanova in particular really need to be able to do more so we don't have to ride the starters as much.

A ver disappointing loss, as it is one that shouldn't have happened. It also takes Purdue out of the driver's seat in the B11 race, where they had been all season. I still think they get at least a share of the title, but it is a little dicier now.

Also, conversations about the best freshmen around need to include a mention of Megan Skouby. She isn't Courtney Paris, but she is a very good player for Iowa and is keeping them around. I would not be surprised to see the Hawkeyes get a tournament bid, and Skouby would be the reason why.

As for Baylor, I really don't see what a Purdue loss has to do with them. They have still only beaten one good team this year, and it was the first game of the season. No matter who Purdue plays it doesn't change the fact that Baylor has done nothing all year.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/03/06 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Well, that is disappointing. Many Purdue fans were concerned about this game, but I really wasn't. Bluder had appeared to be a one-trick pony, and Curry had figured out that trick. Didn't get to hear the game, but apparently it didn't matter.

Purdue is one of the handful of teams that could make the Final Four, but could also lose in the second round. Inconsistency reigns. I am concerned aboiut the lack of consistent fire in Katie Gearlds. If she misses her first couple of shots, she disappears. If that happens, Purdue is in trouble. Bench scoring also concerns me. We don't have any. Campbell and Bogdanova in particular really need to be able to do more so we don't have to ride the starters as much.

A ver disappointing loss, as it is one that shouldn't have happened. It also takes Purdue out of the driver's seat in the B11 race, where they had been all season. I still think they get at least a share of the title, but it is a little dicier now.

Also, conversations about the best freshmen around need to include a mention of Megan Skouby. She isn't Courtney Paris, but she is a very good player for Iowa and is keeping them around. I would not be surprised to see the Hawkeyes get a tournament bid, and Skouby would be the reason why.

As for Baylor, I really don't see what a Purdue loss has to do with them. They have still only beaten one good team this year, and it was the first game of the season. No matter who Purdue plays it doesn't change the fact that Baylor has done nothing all year.

All good points matty (I'll stay out of the Baylor part though!!! haha).

I still think Curry has Iowa figured out, but if your players decide that they aren't going to put the ball in the hole for the last 5 minutes of the game there isn't much you can do.

And don't get me started on the bench.......there's no reason that Bogs can't chip in 5 or 6 a game but she's a clumsy oaf when she's near the basket. That may sound mean but geez man there's no reason she can't be more productive.

That said, Purdue gave the game away, plain and simple. When Purdue's offense struggles, they are lucky to win some of their games. They have to score more and score more consistently to win. But the biggest thing is to put a team away when they have them down on the ground. If they just did that then we wouldn't be having these posts today that's for sure!!!!!

PostPosted: 02/03/06 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One player that seems to have lost quite a bit of confidence is Campbell. There was a time early in the season where many fans thought she might have cracked the starting line-up by now. I know a lot of grief and pressure comes to Katie, and it is somewhat deserving...my kingdom for a beat it down your throat post player though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: