RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Another Brunson?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
styxfan22

PostPosted: 01/28/06 7:02 pm    ::: Another Brunson? Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if she's been talked about much, but Georgetown has a talented freshman forward named Katrina Wheeler. She had 18 and 12 today against Rutgers (and 8 TOs).

BTW, Brunson's Monarchs jersey is hanging in NcDonough Arena, along with the NBA jerseys of all the Hoyas who played in the NBA.

beknighted

PostPosted: 01/29/06 11:26 am    ::: Re: Another Brunson? Reply Reply with quote

I was there, and Wheeler did have a very good game.

That said, I think one reason is that she wasn't the focus of RU's defense. Georgetown's usual top 3 scorers (Marlow, LeSueur and Carlin), who on average combine for 38.6 ppg, had 16 on combined 4-23 shooting (and Carlin was 3-8, so the other two got pretty much nothing). Wheeler also had most of her points in the 2nd half, when RU pretty much shut off Kristin Heidloff, who had 11 of GU's 17 at the half. In other words, when Wheeler did most of her damage, RU was concentrating on the other four players on the court. Still, you have to take advantage of your opportunities, and she did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: