RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

No. 23 USC Faces Two Big PAC-10 Opponents Preview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 01/26/06 6:56 am    ::: No. 23 USC Faces Two Big PAC-10 Opponents Preview Reply Reply with quote

No. 23 USC Faces Two Big PAC-10 Opponents

By USC: January 26, 2006

The No. 23 USC women’s basketball team is on a fi ve-game winning streak coming into this week’s battles with California and No. 11 Stanford. The Trojans face California at 7 p.m. on Friday (Jan. 27) and the Cardinal at 12 p.m. on Sunday (Jan. 29).....

http://www.sportspagemagazine.com/published/college-sports/no-23-usc-faces-two-big-p.shtml

PostPosted: 01/26/06 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LeNoir got Pac-10 POW? Wow! That's flippin awesome! Well deserved too.

I liked this bit:
Quote:
TAGTEAM, BACK AGAIN

Guards Eshaya Murphy and Camille LeNoir have created a dangerous scoring tandem in USC’s biggest wins this season. As the trend goes, Murphy has been the hot-handed one in the fi rst half, followed by LeNoir’s cool and collected second-half spikes.

So very true. LeNoir and Murphy have developed a connection on the court that is highly evident when you watch them. LeNoir has a knack for always finding Murphy streaking down the sidelines and getting her the ball for an open look. And Murphy can NAIL the long threes with ease.

Stanford scares me a little, but we have them at home so I'm not that scared.

PostPosted: 01/26/06 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LeNoir was a terror against UCLA. When the offense stalled, she had some nice pull-up jumpers. In an otherwise ugly second half, LeNoir was brilliant.

Charli Turner-Thorne wanted Eshaya Murphy and was upset when she picked USC (that was the Westerberg-Johnson-Godette class at ASU). I can see why she was so upset.

kinkitola

PostPosted: 01/26/06 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lenoir did the same thing against ASU. We were down late in the second half when she nailed some key jumpers that got the offense flowing.

Speaking of CTT, that woman wears some short skirts. Shocked Was just the slightest bit distracting.

PostPosted: 01/26/06 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kinkitola wrote:
Speaking of CTT, that woman wears some short skirts. Shocked Was just the slightest bit distracting.

Patsy Stone:
"I decide what goes in the magazine. I mean, one snap of my fingers and I can raise hemlines so high, the world is your gynecologist."

Sass

PostPosted: 01/26/06 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kinkitola wrote:
LeNoir got Pac-10 POW? Wow! That's flippin awesome! Well deserved too.

I liked this bit:
Quote:
TAGTEAM, BACK AGAIN

Guards Eshaya Murphy and Camille LeNoir have created a dangerous scoring tandem in USC’s biggest wins this season. As the trend goes, Murphy has been the hot-handed one in the fi rst half, followed by LeNoir’s cool and collected second-half spikes.

So very true. LeNoir and Murphy have developed a connection on the court that is highly evident when you watch them. LeNoir has a knack for always finding Murphy streaking down the sidelines and getting her the ball for an open look. And Murphy can NAIL the long threes with ease.

Stanford scares me a little, but we have them at home so I'm not that scared.

What Kink said.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
RubberTroll

PostPosted: 01/27/06 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like they are hoping to pack the stands:

Quote:
The 23rd-ranked USC women's basketball team, winner of its last five games, is offering FREE Domino's pizza and Coca-Cola soft drinks to the first 1,000 fans who arrive for Friday night's 7 p.m. showdown with the California Golden Bears at the Lyon Center. Pizza and soft drinks will be available beginning at 6:45 p.m.

Also, curious how SC fans feel about having two home courts Lyons/Staples.
Seems less than optimal.

hooper1

PostPosted: 01/27/06 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lyons Center is the intramural gym. Super tiny room with about 9 rows of seating on each side, plus a freakishly large amount of room on the endlines. The Sports Arena is a giant cavern, where you feel lost the moment you walk in.

But do not fear... the Galen Center is almost done - USC's own basketball facility!

http://www.usc.edu/neighborhoods/galencenter/

Seating for 10,000 with 3 practice gyms. Perfect size!

Check out the construction cam.... http://fmsdevwin.usc.edu/Projects/projects/galen_web_cam.htm

RubberTroll

PostPosted: 01/27/06 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. I saw the ASU v USC game in Lyons earlier this year.
In my long ago far away playing day, I would have hated playing in
that place. Too many lines, all black, marking basketball, volleyball,
and for all I know, team handball. The baskets seemed like they
were just hanging there in the middle of nowhere. Could be a great
advantage if you had learned to judge distance in the place, but still
seems less than Pac-10.

Damn, the pep band sure fills that place up with a sonic wall to do Phil
Spector proud.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: