RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue vs UConn next year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 01/25/06 10:56 am    ::: Purdue vs UConn next year? Reply Reply with quote

Per someone on the espn boards, Geno A said on his talk show last night that it's a done deal between Purdue and UConn for a home and home series (where the game will be next year though wasn't discussed).

I say: about time!!!

PostPosted: 01/25/06 11:36 am    ::: Re: Purdue vs UConn next year? Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
Per someone on the espn boards, Geno A said on his talk show last night that it's a done deal between Purdue and UConn for a home and home series (where the game will be next year though wasn't discussed).

I say: about time!!!

Should be a great series! (Link, please?)

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/25/06 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't see a link, but this is from the boneyard on the same subject and why it could easily make sense.

http://mb20.scout.com/fuconnfrm7.showMessage?topicID=3855.topic

gopherfan

PostPosted: 01/25/06 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s awesome good for Kristy Curry and the gang. I would love to see rematch against Uconn since they ousted us in the final 4.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/25/06 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno mentioned wanting to play Purdue a year or two ago. I am very pleased to see the game played, and it will be nice for Britany Rayburn to see the Boilers beat her other big suitor so close to home Very Happy

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 01/25/06 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Geno mentioned wanting to play Purdue a year or two ago. I am very pleased to see the game played, and it will be nice for Britany Rayburn to see the Boilers beat her other big suitor so close to home Very Happy

Well now all the Purdue fans can stop whining about a 'weak' nonconference schedule. So we'll have two Big East teams next year: UConn and ND, then I'm guessing maybe a DePaul again and who knows maybe a Pac10 game (I'm thinking UCSB).

Purdue will have more than enough competition next year.

PostPosted: 01/25/06 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Well now all the Purdue fans can stop whining about a 'weak' nonconference schedule. So we'll have two Big East teams next year: UConn and ND, then I'm guessing maybe a DePaul again and who knows maybe a Pac10 game (I'm thinking UCSB).

Purdue will have more than enough competition next year.

I kind of thing the UCSB series is done for a bit, but we have played Depaul more often than not the last several years. I think that Curry is still trying to work on the Baylor series that fell through this year as well.

If those three are on and Notre Dame can manage to be ranked next year, the schedule looks a lot better than this year's, which is turning out pretty lame.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/25/06 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
...and who knows maybe a Pac10 game (I'm thinking UCSB).

Santa Barbara is Big West ("Little Pac 10")

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 01/26/06 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
...and who knows maybe a Pac10 game (I'm thinking UCSB).

Santa Barbara is Big West ("Little Pac 10")

Ooops, you're right.....my bad!! Thanks slovy!! Very Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: