RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Terps-Va Tech (spoiler)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
styxfan22

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:08 pm    ::: Terps-Va Tech (spoiler) Reply Reply with quote

TERPS WIN!!!

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, but it was quite a struggle. They sure do need to start playing better on the road. Frese needs to have them play a tougher pre-conference schedule, particularly some harder away games.

What is *still* going on with Shay??

styxfan22

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll take a win on the road against a ranked team by any margin, especially considering how young Maryland is. I wonder why Harper only got five minutes.

And suddenly the loss to Duke doesn't look so bad!

ripleydc

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
I'll take a win on the road against a ranked team by any margin, especially considering how young Maryland is. I wonder why Harper only got five minutes.

And suddenly the loss to Duke doesn't look so bad!

Harp got into early foul trouble. Her first foul came on what the announcers thought was a good clean block. Sad she couldn't breathe on a VT player tonite without a whistle. she fouled out. not typical but it happens.

yes, after seeing Duke dominate the terps at comcast, I really thought they were a clear #1...tonite they left no doubt.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/24/06 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lucky for me, I watched much of this game or I would've been thrown off by the original poster's comments. This was anything but an easy win for the Terps, so here's the whole truth:

68-62 Maryland (final)

27-24 Virginia Tech at the half

Kerri Gardin (VT), the leading scorer/rebounder, didn't get the start last night

Laura Harper played a grand total of 5 minutes before fouling out

Largest lead of the game on either side was 9 for Virginia Tech midway through the second half

Each side had at least one McDonald's HS All-American on its roster, so talent-wise they were fairly even

Yes, the Turkeys do suck. However, they showed me something last night. For 35+ minutes, they gave the #6 team in the country HELL, and this came after losing to two unranked teams last week. Boy o' boy do I feel sorry for their next opponent! Twisted Evil

Mathies to LA 2013
Joey Nations

PostPosted: 01/24/06 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Beth was going for a spark off the bench last night with Gardin. Dwaba (sp.) isn't much of an offense force, nor a rebounder so once she's in the game, VT's offense is bogged down even more.

The big problem in this game was the refs. Neither team was allowed to get in a rhythm which result in a ton of sloppy play.

I will admit the Terps haven't looked good the last two games on the road, but they have won and that's what good teams do on the road.

Shay needs to rediscover her stroke the next few games as after next Wednesday it's Virginia, @ UNC, @ Duke, BC and @ NC State in that order. Thanks again to the ACC for helping us with the schedule.

http://www.terpswomenshoops.blogspot.com
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/24/06 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Beth was punishing Gardin (BAAAAAD shooting) by starting Diawara and Kerri just about got the message. However, the one who sealed the deal was Maryland's Kristi Toliver. Earth to Frese: start Toliver and bench Doron. It just might work.

Nonetheless, it's a good win for the Terps over a ranked opponent.

Mathies to LA 2013
fan19bb

PostPosted: 01/24/06 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Your right about that, Beth was punishing her. She has no clue at this level. Think Doran will be fine she is going through a rough time, but they need her as well as Toliver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: