RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

women's bball mag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrade

PostPosted: 02/23/05 10:24 am    ::: women's bball mag Reply Reply with quote

i just got the april 2005 issue in the mail. while i've been a subscriber for a couple years, this is the first issue i've gotten in several months. i see there's a new editor, and likely a new publisher, right?

the magazine is a mess. the layout is horrible; it's hard to tell the difference between content and ads. it's all wcbb, with nothing on off-season wnba moves. also little to no discussion of other pro leagues -- europe, australia, nwbl, whatever. if they're only going to put out an issue every couple months, they need to focus on in-depth coverage.

PostPosted: 02/23/05 10:55 am    ::: Re: women's bball mag Reply Reply with quote

yeah, I've heard from someone who used to write for them. Sounds like it's gone way down hill under the new editor. They are relying on lots of filler, essentially reproduced AP articles and the like. Sounds like it's an attempt to reduce costs and boost profitability... but if there's no real content in the thing, what's the point of subscribing?

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/02/05 11:12 am    ::: Re: women's bball mag Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
yeah, I've heard from someone who used to write for them. Sounds like it's gone way down hill under the new editor. They are relying on lots of filler, essentially reproduced AP articles and the like. Sounds like it's an attempt to reduce costs and boost profitability... but if there's no real content in the thing, what's the point of subscribing?

We're sure not renewing our sub. It looks like the editors view their readership not as adult or teen fans of WBB but as teen and pre-teen players-- thus the really short articles, the focus on HS and college ball (lots of high school player profiles!), and the photo-heavy layout--- reminds me of a teen-focused celebrity magazine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: