RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

tennessee @ duke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What an ugly game. Parker looked good throughout most of the game. She definetly pressed at some points, most likely b/c the rest of the team was stinking up the court. Zolman may have just silenced all of the 'underrated' talk. Hornbuckle definetly lost the key match up battle. Harding impressed me greatly. She is possibly the best PG in the country, she is right there with Latta. If Parker doesnt get help from Zolman, Hornbuckle, Anosikie, this team just can't battle top teams. The offense was out of sorts and the D was questionable at best. Tennessee has some work to do before tournament time.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
This is insane. They deserve to drop below 2nd if they lose by 20+.

Zolman and Hornbuckle have been HUGE disappointments tonight. Thank God Parker is there otherwise they might not have scored 30.

They're really getting whooped huh?

: (

pilight

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not surprised that Duke is winning. Somewhat surprised at the margin.

FWIW, both of last year's finalists got whipped about this time last year, Michigan State at Penn State on the 23rd and Baylor at Texas on the 22nd. It was the last loss before the national finals for either team.

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow. Lindsey Harding is really good.

Zolman, is, uh...

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well....

UNC vs. Duke should be interessting...

Although, sometimes it helps a team to get their butts kicked..Zolman or Parker may come out of this game pissed..

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Although, sometimes it helps a team to get their butts kicked..Zolman or Parker may come out of this game pissed..

Parker should come out pissed. Zolman should come out with her tail between her legs.

Grumps

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke played a good game, congrats to them...Tn was just out of it tonight...Duke played good D, but when you only hit 2 out of 10 from the line, you deserve to lose...Of course we could have hit 10-10 from the line and it wouldn't have made much of a difference... Crying or Very sad

Grumps

boilerjay

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:

Zolman, is, uh...

Zolman, is, uh....The most overrated player in Indiana High School basketball history.

memphis10

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:42 pm    ::: Disappointing but needed Reply Reply with quote

This loss sucks but I rather TN take 2 butt kickings ( 1 by Duke and the other by Summitt all the way back to Knoxville) awake up and get ready for SEC play. Now I can't wait for the UNC vs. Duke match up on Sunday. But for the love of GOD AND ALL THAT'S HOLY IN THE NAME OF the Father , Son, AND Holy Ghost .....PLEASE....PLEASE....PLEASE (James Brown cape coming) Do not and I mean NOT let MARK JONES commentate this game.

Evil or Very Mad

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
womens_hoops wrote:

Zolman, is, uh...

Zolman, is, uh....The most overrated player in Indiana High School basketball history.

Sorry but that's bullshit. Just because she didn't go to Purdue. Rolling Eyes

-Tamika Catchings
mikey87

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am very surprised with the outcome PARKER did her thing bu ZOLMAN no points Shocked not good she has to score I think a loss is what the VOLS needed because it was going to happern sooner or later I still think that they havw a chance to win it all but way to many turnovers also this was just not a good game tonight

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 01/23/06 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They played sloppy, way too many TO's. Anosikie hussled like she always does. Spencer had a decent night. Parker had some good plays early, but as the game went on I think she felt she needed to do more and got called for some charges and forced things a bit. Zolman was non-existant. Maybe Pat should pull her from the starting lineup for the next game???

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is the Boxscore

http://sports.excite.com/wcbk/box_scores.html?gid=200601230173

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only bright spot for Tenn was seeing my SPARKS Forward at the game. The Claw was optimistic at tip-off, but she was giving the big frown in the 2nd half.

McCray was there, too.

It is nice seeing the Alumni root for their teams.

Way to go Duke. Harding is the BOMB!

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not in a very good mood right now, I was happy with the play of Parker, Nicky and Spencer but their play wasn't enough.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Congrats to Duke, at least they could make shots tonight. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Um, why does Shanna Zolman always disappear in big games? Man, Candace got absolutely NO help tonight, NONE.

O.G.

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

8 steals for Harding ... Duke's perimeter shooting was outstanding. I thought Waner and Foley hit some daggers in the second half that erased any thoughts of a comeback.

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody have a link to a boxscore?
gpark33

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
Here is the Boxscore

http://sports.excite.com/wcbk/box_scores.html?gid=200601230173

Here's a box score posted earlier. Not to beat her while she's down, but while Zolman was on the floor, it was virtually 6 on 4 in Duke's favor according to this...

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks.

Great to see Jess knock down some shots in a key game.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan - Jess needs to hit 6 more 3s and she will be in 3rd place on Duke's all-time 3pt shots made.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 01/23/06 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, first of all does anyone else think Abby Waner is cute? I mean even I'm ATTRACTED to her. HOTTIEEEE.

Anyways, hormones aside, Tenn needs someone to step up. Zolman, with a good defender on her, has trouble getting her shot off. She only had as many points against UConn as she did because she got to the line. If I'm Tenn, I let the D focus on Zolman and give Sid Spencer as many looks as possible before she's exposed as a force beyond the arch. Anosike has shown me nothing, and I think Fluker deserves minutes over her.

As for Duke, damn, must be nice to be so deep. Jess Foley off the bench? She was killin' it and deserves more minutes. Black and Smith also impressed me, and I guess a year off really did benefit Miss Harding. Bales did not impress me much with her offense, although her D, rebounding, and passing were on point. Duke is for real.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/23/06 11:00 pm    ::: Mo comes up biggest in the biggest games Reply Reply with quote

Whoever said Monique disapears in big games does not know their history. Monique lives and breathes for the big games - she thrives on the intensity and pressure.

The one thing I was most worried about was Parker guarding Currie and it's true that when Parker was on her, Mo had a tough time. Part of that was that Anosike would double up on her when she got into the paint. But once duke figured that out, Mo would draw the defenders, kick out to Lindsey and let her find the opening. And our shooters were ON tonight!

Great game! Thundering atmosphere! Drive home safely! (that's my second favorite chant at the end of games we've won). My all time favorite cheer is when we beat the Tar Heels in Cameron and finish the night with GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!

~rAf

~rAf
jimmyk

PostPosted: 01/23/06 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, in the blessing-in-disguise department, I scheduled myself to be at work for Appalachian State's men's basketball game against Georgia Southern. I kicked myself for three days over that.

The blessing is that the ASU game was the better one. The Mountaineers won 90-84 in overtime. A great game.

As for Sunday, I hope the Tar Heels win it. Mainly because of tonight, but also because ASU is part of the UNC system, so why not? Cool

O.G.

PostPosted: 01/24/06 12:10 am    ::: Re: Mo comes up biggest in the biggest games Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
My all time favorite cheer is when we beat the Tar Heels in Cameron and finish the night with GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!

Must have been sad for you not to be able to do that last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: