RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rutgers v Louisville

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 01/21/06 2:48 pm    ::: Rutgers v Louisville Reply Reply with quote

Just tuned in...
39-15 Rutgers with 1:10 minutes 'til the half.

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/21/06 2:57 pm    ::: Re: Rutgers v Louisville Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
Just tuned in...

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Someone didn't like losing to Temple. Louisville is no slouch.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 01/21/06 3:18 pm    ::: Re: Rutgers v Louisville Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
Just tuned in...

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Someone didn't like losing to Temple. Louisville is no slouch.

Damned straight - and with good reason! This fan didn't like them losing to Temple either - although otherwise i would root for Staley's success as a coach.

are you listening to this game? (or am i really the only one? Rolling Eyes )

Current: 49-26

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/22/06 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Covington was off her game today. Louisville was thugging a little bit in the second half, after the lead had ballooned. Cappie and Barlow for Louisville almost got into a scrap after Barlow used a closed fist. Cappie took a bit of exception to that. She got the T, Barlow got the personal. Cappie ended with 27. Coach gave the starters more run than I would have in the last two minutes.

Whistle-swallowing refs. Matee did not appreciate that- she got knocked over a good half dozen times at least. But it was approximately even-handed whistle-swallowing. I dunno what happened to Kia Vaughn, but near the end of the first half, she hit the deck- looked like she got an elbow to the gut, but then when she got up, she looked like she wasn't quite sure where she was. Very woozy-looking. Disoriented enough that she almost sat on Courtney when she went back to the bench at one point. I guess she was fine after all, though- she came back for the second half and notched double figures.

Louisville just looked flustered for much of the game, too dependent on three-point shooting.

PostPosted: 01/22/06 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hey R-
i heard about Cappie's T on the radio but my feed was cutting in and out and I didn't quite get what had happened. thanks for the info - although it sounds like Cappie got the short end there.

and I did also hear them describing Kia bent over as if she'd had the wind knocked out of her, but the announcers never confirmed what really happened...i was afraid she was injured for a few minutes but thankfully she returned just fine.

where the heck was she last game, that's what i'd like to ask CVS.

did you get the mailing from RU about buying tickets for the 2/27 game v. UCONN? i assume you're planning on going...i am -- assuming we get the tkts -- with the usual suspects. totally psyched for that Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: