RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue v Minnesota
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Purdue 60
Minnesota 56

HUGE win for Purdue. They are clearly in the driver's seat for the B11 championship.

Night and day comparing this team with last year. Last year, they would have completely folded, especially in an arena like The Barn. Their heart is really impressing me.

If Katie Gearlds or Erin Lawless could kick up her scoring, they could really go far.

I took my dogs for a walk...I couldn't stand seeing the OT tick by.....and all I can say is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue beats OSU... they're overrated.

Purdue beats Minnesota...they're overrated.

Purdue eeks out road wins against lesser opponents.....we're overrated.

NONSENSE! Laughing

PalaceAthena

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big ups to the Boilers! Winning at The Barn is no easy feat, no matter how over-rated the Gophers may or may not be. (And I'm not sure the Gophs are overrated, just inconsistent). Purdue hasn't been setting the world on fire with their offense, but I like what they're bringing to the table with their tenacity and mental toughness. At least from a mental standpoint, it looks like the Boilers really did learn a lot from last season.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
Purdue beats OSU... they're overrated.

Purdue beats Minnesota...they're overrated.

Purdue eeks out road wins against lesser opponents.....we're overrated.

NONSENSE! Laughing

Shoot, for awhile I would believe it too, but this game right here has made Purdue's record legit.

Now a week off to prepare for Rene and her eight pounds of bad makeup, godawful tweed floorlength garb, and to protect the Mackey floor from her Mr. Ed impersonations.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PalaceAthena wrote:
Big ups to the Boilers! Winning at The Barn is no easy feat, no matter how over-rated the Gophers may or may not be. (And I'm not sure the Gophs are overrated, just inconsistent). Purdue hasn't been setting the world on fire with their offense, but I like what they're bringing to the table with their tenacity and mental toughness. At least from a mental standpoint, it looks like the Boilers really did learn a lot from last season.

Purdue's defense has been what's carrying them thus far. If they added a touch more offense, they would be very hard to stop. Thanks for the props, though. Much appreciated!!

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:

Now a week off to prepare for Rene and her eight pounds of bad makeup, godawful tweed floorlength garb.

LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PalaceAthena wrote:

And PA, every Purdue win makes GW look better and better. It's a win-win scenario!

Very Happy

PalaceAthena

PostPosted: 01/12/06 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
PalaceAthena wrote:

And PA, every Purdue win makes GW look better and better. It's a win-win scenario!

Very Happy

Exactly! Hey Matty, I like the way you think, even if you are a "young man." Wink You know I'd be rooting for the Boilers anyway, but now I have extra motivation. Let's hope both teams keep winning and keep that win-win situation rolling for both of us.

tag3

PostPosted: 01/12/06 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:

Now a week off to prepare for Rene and her eight pounds of bad makeup, godawful tweed floorlength garb, and to protect the Mackey floor from her Mr. Ed impersonations.

First, Indy, while reading your post, all I could see of your username was, "ndyPurduefan". I'm thinking, "randyPurduefan". So are you randy, baby? (It's hard to do an Austin Powers imitation in print.)

And as for Rene's Mr. Ed impersonation, does that mean you need a shovel, or something to take the hoof marks off the floor?

*Forgive me, y'all. I'm in a silly mood, and will, I'm sure, be embarrassed by my posts when I see them tomorrow.

desafiada6

PostPosted: 01/12/06 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whew, just got home from watching the game with some friends...it was ugly but I'll take the W!! Very Happy

These truly are the cardiac kids, I'm giving Purdue my medical bills at the end of the season because they are causing me some stress! Laughing

PostPosted: 01/13/06 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats Boiler fans.

The Gophers had their chances to pull this out and I thought they might the way the overtime started. But Purdue made the plays and shots down the stretch.

While she had kind of a quiet (but solid) game, Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton is my favorite Purdue player to watch.

I'm looking forward to the rematch on Feb. 12.

As for the Gophers being overrated, I'm not sure. They, like a lot of the teams not in the top 4, have been inconsistent this year. I definitely think they have the potential to be better than they have shown. Sunday is another big test with Michigan State coming to the Barn. I don't think the Gophers have beaten them since Lindsay was a sophomore.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 01/13/06 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Gophs are probably still a little overrated in the polls. They are probably somewhere in the 20-30 range, not the 15-20 range.

Was hoping for better this year, but it's pretty clear where we're headed: 4th in the Big Ten. A tourney seed in the 5-8 range. A second round exit.

But as gopher5 says, they've been horribly inconsistent, and they are still experimenting with lineups. So maybe they'll show material improvement by March. Or maybe they won't.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/13/06 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ahem, I do believe I said the Boilers by 8 didn't I? So I was off a couple.

By the way, when the kid and I got home from practice, Purdue down 8 in the second half. So of course once we got home they turned it on and won.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/13/06 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Ahem, I do believe I said the Boilers by 8 didn't I? So I was off a couple.

By the way, when the kid and I got home from practice, Purdue down 8 in the second half. So of course once we got home they turned it on and won.

The curse of the DTS is broken. If I were you, though, I still would stay away from predicting the UConn/LSU game. You know, just in case.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 01/13/06 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
Congrats Boiler fans.

The Gophers had their chances to pull this out and I thought they might the way the overtime started. But Purdue made the plays and shots down the stretch.

While she had kind of a quiet (but solid) game, Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton is my favorite Purdue player to watch.

I'm looking forward to the rematch on Feb. 12.

As for the Gophers being overrated, I'm not sure. They, like a lot of the teams not in the top 4, have been inconsistent this year. I definitely think they have the potential to be better than they have shown. Sunday is another big test with Michigan State coming to the Barn. I don't think the Gophers have beaten them since Lindsay was a sophomore.

Purdue is just playing really good defense this year, and Aya Traore continues to cause mismatches. Those are the keys for Purdue this year.

I would still hate to face Minnesota in the tourney. They have good experience and a great coach. They will be an extremely tough out for anyone.

PostPosted: 01/13/06 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Moose, No Squirrel, No win for Minny.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/13/06 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="PUmattyThe curse of the DTS is broken. If I were you, though, I still would stay away from predicting the UConn/LSU game. You know, just in case.[/quote]

I was afraid I'd jinx it with my Haiku...

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/13/06 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
No Moose, No Squirrel, No win for Minny.

Natasha was their to pick up the slack for Purdue. And Cherelle George is short enough to fill in for Boris.

Sternvogel

PostPosted: 01/13/06 5:38 pm    ::: Inserting tongue in cheek... Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I can't understand what is going on with Katie Gearlds. ... As a freshman, she had attitude, since then it is all gone.

Well, back in 2003-04, she had to do all her driving on the basketball court. (Purdue freshmen aren't allowed to have cars on campus.) Once she was allowed to start tooling around the Lafayette/WL area in her beloved yellow Ford, "Mustang Katie" didn't have the need to sublimate her lust for the open road. Of course, while she had the use of her literal wheels last season, her metaphorical wheels weren't able to operate at full speed.

Since I missed the haiku "competition" yesterday, I'll post a late entry to sum up the contest:

60-56 --
Though Minnesota home, score
In Curry's favor.

http://www.womensbasketballonline.com/birthdays/index.html

Let me know of any players/teams you wish to see added!
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/13/06 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said, train kept a rollin’ all night long
Train kept a rollin’ all night long
With a heave, and a ho
But I just couldn’t tell her so,

Pilight, name that tune....artist and year!

pilight

PostPosted: 01/13/06 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aerosmith, 1974

PostPosted: 01/14/06 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Aerosmith, 1974

COP OUT!!!

Tiny Bradshaw 1953
Johnny Burnette Trio
The Yardbirds

then Aerosmith...

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/14/06 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
pilight wrote:
Aerosmith, 1974

COP OUT!!!

Tiny Bradshaw 1953
Johnny Burnette Trio
The Yardbirds

then Aerosmith...

Yeah, but the BEST version was Aerosmith's from "Live Bootleg"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: