RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sun @ Fever - 5/20/24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/20/24 3:19 am    ::: Sun @ Fever - 5/20/24 Reply Reply with quote

Indianapolis, IN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401620232#bucketId=7947

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/256504

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022400015/CON-vs-IND

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/20/24 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can’t remember, will this game be on Disney+ as well? For some reason I remember them saying Clark’s first two games would also be on Disney+ but I think I’m misremembering.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/20/24 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

26 to 26 at the end of the first quarter.

Indiana +/-
Fagbenle +6
Wallace +6
Wheeler+6
Mitchell +2
Smith +2
Samuelson -6
Clark -8
Boston -8

Shades

PostPosted: 05/20/24 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mitchell is feeling it tonight.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 05/20/24 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Feagbenle is making all-star plays on offense.

Thomas pushes Boston into Carrington. Foul on Boston. When I am commissioner that will be reviewable via challenge after the game and Thomas will receive a two-game suspension.

People are talking about someone to race to the basket so Clark can hit them on breaks. Fagbenle is her.

Alysa Thomas steals the ball from Clark two possessions in a row.

So much favors the driver in the WNBA. If you are going to the basket and their is a collision the chance of defender being called for a foul, even if they are stationary is like 80%.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/20/24 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Clark’s fans can be annoying (and weird), and she has a lot of areas in her game to improve on, but…

She’s fun AF to watch. That crowd was more electric than the Game 7s yesterday.

And being a fan of this league for 20+ years, this is really cool.

Imo Indiana would have beaten a lot of teams tonight, CT is just top tier.

PostPosted: 05/20/24 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. It was a good game. Clark hit a logo 3!

Indiana showing some improvement. BUT they need to upgrade that small forward. Katie Lou looks slow.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
Richard 77

PostPosted: 05/20/24 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boogiezen wrote:

Indiana showing some improvement. BUT they need to upgrade that small forward. Katie Lou looks slow.

I'm actually losing faith in Boston. It looked as if her release of the ball in the final Fever play was a bit too soon. She looked as if she was overanxious to make the shot. I just don't have trust in her confidence of play.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek

Adding: Write Funko. The WNBA should have Pops.
PRballer

PostPosted: 05/20/24 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
boogiezen wrote:

I'm actually losing faith in Boston. It looked as if her release of the ball in the final Fever play was a bit too soon. She looked as if she was overanxious to make the shot. I just don't have trust in her confidence of play.

Fully agree. Her offseason program was not up to par. She doesn’t look good out there …yet? It’s still early. She might benefit from EuroCup bball that requires fluidity and running. Simply doesn’t look ready for the season which is disappointing considering the scrutiny that would be on her and Fever this year. She’s just not ready.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/21/24 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lkFfixsrN2E?si=xFvplVXkEyG67XkZ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"And this building is rocking!"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZvE2V5R-oWo?si=UU4JzDBPtFqg48Rj" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 05/21/24 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="440" height="783" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CK8UpKzMyP8" title="Slick pass from Caitlin Clark to Temi Fagbenle" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 05/21/24 2:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore/_/gameId/401620232

Indiana +/-
Wallace +16 (25 min)
Wheeler +16 (21 min)
Fagbenle +10 (23 min)
Smith +2 (27 min)
Mitchell -6 (32 min)
Clark -18 (27 min)
Boston -20 (30 min)
Samuelson -20 (15 min)

Last game Berger fell out of the rotation. This game Hull joined her. I believe most, if not all, of Wallace's 25 minutes came at the 3 position (and having to cover Bonner).

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 05/21/24 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fagbenle was great!

PostPosted: 05/21/24 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
boogiezen wrote:

Fully agree. Her offseason program was not up to par. She doesn’t look good out there …yet? It’s still early. She might benefit from EuroCup bball that requires fluidity and running. Simply doesn’t look ready for the season which is disappointing considering the scrutiny that would be on her and Fever this year. She’s just not ready.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/21/24 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There must be reasons that KLS starts, but it's hard to see what they are from the outside.

Putting a good defender in the lineup might help more than whatever it is that KLS is doing.

PostPosted: 05/21/24 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
boogiezen wrote:

I agree she's not playing up to par , but did you really wake up and repost the exact same post you made last night again for a response ? Laughing Shocked

PostPosted: 05/21/24 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
There must be reasons that KLS starts, but it's hard to see what they are from the outside.

Putting a good defender in the lineup might help more than whatever it is that KLS is doing.

KLS is worse than Vivians .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: