RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mulkey's Pissed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/26/24 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
elsie wrote:
I'm waiting for an expose on staley......she can say or do whatever she wants apparently....

apparently.....

Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday. Not everyone loves you stupid, dirty animal like you do. Keep it to yourself. Common sense, common decency, common good manners, How many people are uncomfortable around dogs, but feel they can't say anything because she's Dawn Fucking Staley????

Businesses can't say anything for fear of looking insensitive to people who have legit needs. Too many people are too quick to take advantage of a situation and this day and age, decent people are too afraid of consequences to say anything.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
ridor

PostPosted: 03/26/24 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course Mulkey is not bright. What she did just caused the Streisand effect. Now everyone can't wait for the article!

jap

PostPosted: 03/26/24 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
Of course Mulkey is not bright. What she did just caused the Streisand effect. Now everyone can't wait for the article!

What makes you not think that the global attention is what she wanted all along?

PostPosted: 03/26/24 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday. Not everyone loves you stupid, dirty animal like you do. Keep it to yourself. Common sense, common decency, common good manners, how many people are uncomfortable around dogs, but feel they can't say anything because she's Dawn Fucking Staley????

Who hurt you?

Apparently she's brought the dog to SC's press conferences regularly over the last few years, so I'm not really sure it can be called a stunt. If anyone in the room had a problem with it like you're suggesting you'd think she'd have been asked to stop.

Ex-Ref wrote:
Businesses can't say anything for fear of looking insensitive to people who have legit needs. Too many people are too quick to take advantage of a situation and this day and age, decent people are too afraid of consequences to say anything.

Dafuq does this have to do with anything? Are you implying that she's faking having a service dog in order to get it on TV? Or that corporate investors should be mad about a dog being on TV without their permission? I'm seriously not getting the point you're trying to make here.

1. I never said that I was hurt. But I know people that are. People have allergies to dogs. A sibling of mine does. He walks into a building and can tell that a dog has been there. His eyes start to water, turn red and swell up. He gets all congested and feels like shit for a couple of days.

2. You kind of answered your own question. People won't say anything to her because of who she is. It's not too hard to imagine a reporter going to her press conference who has an allergy to dogs, doesn't know that there will be one there. What to they do? Can't tell her to remove the dog, the damage has already been done (see above - the allergen is already in the room). Is Dawn going to compensate them for the pay the lose if they (have to) leave? What about their publication losing any story they were sent to get? Sorry, but this seems pretty obviously selfish on her part.

3. Never said that Dawn was trying to pass her mutt off as a service dog. She's just taking advantage of a situation, like a lot of other people that take untrained dogs in to a public place because they know that no one will say anything to them. I think that it's against ADA rules to ask for papers as to the training of a dog and whether they are actually service dogs or not.

4. Haven't even touched on people that have been bitten by a dog and still have trauma from it. I have a friend that will cross the street, duck into a business, avoid going out entirely to certain places (parks, trails, festivals/fairs), just to avoid dogs because of a traumatic attack an the lingering anxiety.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/24 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday.

What dog "stunt" do you think Staley did yesterday? Perhaps I missed this......

Took her dog to the press conference.

Some coaches take their dog to a press conference, other coaches tell their lesbian basketball players that they have to stay in the closet. Samesies, tbh.

Do you really think they are the same? Wow..... Rolling Eyes

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/24 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
apparently.....

Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday. Not everyone loves you stupid, dirty animal like you do. Keep it to yourself. Common sense, common decency, common good manners, How many people are uncomfortable around dogs, but feel they can't say anything because she's Dawn Fucking Staley????

[/quote]

How dare you call Champ stupid and dirty. And you're a dawg too, for chrissakes. Finally, it's Coach Dawn Fucking Staley to you. Smile[/quote]

OK, I'm guessing that, you know, since he's a dog and all, that he rolls around in the dirt and licks his own ass. So ya, stupid and dirty seem to cover it.

Now can we get the fuck back to Mulkey?????????

Howee

PostPosted: 03/26/24 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
OK, I'm guessing that, you know, since he's a dog and all, that he rolls around in the dirt and licks his own ass. So ya, stupid and dirty seem to cover it.

Wow. Now THAT might just be the most stupidly bitchy thing I've ever seen you post, ex. Evil or Very Mad The idiotic things you posted re: Reasons Dogs Should Not Be in Public was the lamest part. I could go on about: Seeing Eye Dogs, Drug-sniffing Dogs, Cadaver Dogs, Police Dogs, Military Combat Dogs, Service Dogs for the Handicapped, .... but I won't.
You oughtta just admit you've got an irrational phobia about dogs (THAT'S easily understandable) but to slam THE DOG, or Dawn for her love of it?? I know for a fact, I'd much rather sit next to that dog than YOU. Razz

Oh, but YOU wanna go back to Kim Mulkey's stupid comments? There is a very distinct pathology at work here.... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/27/24 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just imagine Washington Post going to release the article before the Sweet 16 game or the Elite 8. Social media will go in flames.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/27/24 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
I thought Mulkey aggressively consoling Savannah Wheeler was well-intentioned. but I laughed really hard when someone captioned it with, "Do you work for the Washington Post?? DO YOU?!?!"

Those are the BEST memes ever. I remember seeing Kimmie grabbing onto her after the game and immediately thought it looked bizarre. The memes seize onto Kimmie losing her shlt about the WaPo story and combining it with this strange looking moment. VERY funny.

Count me as one of many waiting for the story to finally come out. The prequel is already pretty good.

~rAf
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/27/24 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Wow. Now THAT might just be the most stupidly bitchy thing I've ever seen you post, ex. Evil or Very Mad The idiotic things you posted re: Reasons Dogs Should Not Be in Public was the lamest part. I could go on about: Seeing Eye Dogs, Drug-sniffing Dogs, Cadaver Dogs, Police Dogs, Military Combat Dogs, Service Dogs for the Handicapped, .... but I won't.
You oughtta just admit you've got an irrational phobia about dogs (THAT'S easily understandable) but to slam THE DOG, or Dawn for her love of it?? I know for a fact, I'd much rather sit next to that dog than YOU. Razz

Oh, but YOU wanna go back to Kim Mulkey's stupid comments? There is a very distinct pathology at work here.... Rolling Eyes

Someone missed the forest because of the tree. (pssst, it wasn't me!!!)

snzuluz

PostPosted: 03/27/24 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was thinking the exact thing. Mulkey went so ballistic about this article that is two years in the making and she’s had plenty of time to respond to this reporters question, he should release it maybe even if they advance to the elite eight or final four. She has had plenty of chances to respond to his questions. it’s not like he has blindsided her from the questions he sent her on with the article no address.

Again, I’m sure it’s an article that will have some aspects of the good qualities such as her in game strategy coaching, but the other part of the article will be about the “nasty” person she is in her comments, actions, and behavior both on the court, towards her players, and possibly in her personal life.

SHE IS A PUBLIC FIGURE! She loves all the attention on herself I guess unless it’s something that she doesn’t agree with. She always says she doesn’t care what others think of her and she is who she is, but the minute someone wants to publish something that she doesn’t like she’s going to sue. She can’t have it both ways!

She hides behind I’m protecting my team or using the excuse that she’s from Louisiana and that’s just how we are, all the while sucking all the air out of a room at press conferences and even on the court with her antics, behavior, and comments. Again it’s one thing to be a coach shows a lot of passion, but she is an attention seeking individual. I bet Baylor did a happy dance when she left.

She’s supposed to be the adult in the room in her behavior, comments, and actions or times lack of actions, but she isn’t. The reporter should and I’m sure will call her bluff and print the article. If she truly already has lawyers lined up to sue then she should file that lawsuit the minute the article comes out.

Again, no lawyer would’ve ever advised her to stand up and say what she said at that press conference before the article even came out. She would be a client from hell if I were a lawyer taking her case. Sounds familiar…DJT?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/27/24 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday.

What dog "stunt" do you think Staley did yesterday? Perhaps I missed this......

Took her dog to the press conference.

Oh, get over yourself, for godsake. This is nothing new. And he's not any more stupid and dirty than you are. Quite possibly cleaner.

PostPosted: 03/27/24 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snzuluz wrote:
She would be a client from hell if I were a lawyer taking her case. Sounds familiar…DJT?

That's IT!! That's The Story....she's one of the many Love Children of The Trumphole, from his distant past.

But then....I think she'd want that story out there. Razz Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/28/24 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I know for a fact, I'd much rather sit next to that dog than YOU

Makes me want to rush up to you, rub against your legs and lick your face!!!!!!!

Quote:
Reasons Dogs Should Not Be in Public was the lamest part. I could go on about: Seeing Eye Dogs, Drug-sniffing Dogs, Cadaver Dogs, Police Dogs, Military Combat Dogs, Service Dogs for the Handicapped, .... but I won't.

You do realize that those are all working dogs, right? Not just a pet?? HUGE, HUGE difference. And no where did I say that dogs don't belong in public.

Quote:
You oughtta just admit you've got an irrational phobia about dogs (THAT'S easily understandable) but to slam THE DOG, or Dawn for her love of it??

I can see the damage that's been/being done to people because of dogs. So to unnecessarily bring one to a place that is usually expected to be dog-free is just rude and shows a lack of awareness. I never slammed Dawn for her love of the dog. Just bringing it to a place that others may not have the freedom to leave (their workplace).

Quote:
Oh, but YOU wanna go back to Kim Mulkey's stupid comments?

Well, that's kind of what the thread is about, right? I mean, it has Mulkey in the title, so I just kind of, you know, had that expectation.

Quote:
Oh, get over yourself, for godsake. This is nothing new.

It is new. When I was younger, people left their dogs at home. You didn't take them everywhere you went. If I had to put a time frame on it, I'd say the last 15-20 years or so. It has really exploded in the last 5-8 years.

I was brought up that my rights ended where your's began. It's fair to think that your rights end where mine begin. Hopefully you can take this and apply it to the right of my brother to go to work in an environment that doesn't make him sick. Or my friend to not be in fear that when she goes out she will encounter an unleased/long leashed dog that is not under control of the owner.

Quote:
And he's not any more stupid and dirty than you are. Quite possibly cleaner

A personal attack??? Name calling??? Stooping low, are we?
And yeah...I take a shower everyday and don't lick ass, so why don't you go give that dog a big ol smooch on the lips.

It's sad that we've lost the ability to empathize with others. That we don't give value to the trauma of others, while demanding that everyone see out trauma. That we've lost awareness of others. We all need to be better at this. The world would be so much better.

Now, back to Mulkey.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/28/24 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, so we've established that Ex-Ref is a dog-hater and therefore does not like Dawn because of that. I guess i'll send one of my cats over and tell him to try to pick her up. Warning---neither of them like being picked up, especially by strangers.

I'm with the guy who said, "Never trust a man who does not like dogs."

As far as Kim, I've said what I had to say.

PostPosted: 03/28/24 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
OK, so we've established that Ex-Ref is a dog-hater and therefore does not like Dawn because of that.

Where did I even indicate that I hated dogs? I just happen to think that they have their place. And that place isn't in public buildings or where large crowds are gathered (fairs/festivals, etc).

summertime blues wrote:
I guess i'll send one of my cats over and tell him to try to pick her up. Warning---neither of them like being picked up, especially by strangers.

My friend said "Bring it. I love cats!!!!!" And what's not to love? They sleep 22 hours a day. spend 1 hour grooming, and 1 hour looking at the wall!!!

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
There a piece of me that initially thought “what if there is no story and this is a motivational technique” - that would make for an interesting story.

It's not "US against the world!!", it's "MEEE against the Washington Post and New York Times!!"??

I agree, that should fire up her team....

wnbafan

PostPosted: 03/30/24 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://wapo.st/4cBAM4A

I read the article, if anything it shows her in a good light.

Above should be a gift article.

PostPosted: 03/30/24 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:

The Post should send Mulkey a check for the increase in readership they probably got out of this. There's nothing in that article that would have even garnered comment if it weren't for her tirade. Definitely not a hit piece.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 03/30/24 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Several people on this thread were wrong (as usual) about The Post.

Clearly, if you want Mulkey to not overreact to something, it has to be something trivial like the best player she’s ever coached being wrongly detained in Russia for months.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/30/24 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Already see some nutjobs on social media saying they edited the piece because they were afraid of being sued. Straight galaxy-brain nonsense.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
snzuluz

PostPosted: 03/30/24 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let’s see, she goes off about an article that hadn’t even been published yet because she was afraid it would show her in a bad light and she was going to sue the Washington post.
Now at her press conference today after their win she’s going after reporters because the LA Times wrote a negative article about the team. At her press conference she says coaches are used to bad press add it’s something that we get used to it have to take it. Go after me but don’t go after my players.

Wasn’t she just threatening to sue a paper for going after her in a negative light? She can’t have it both ways but that’s what she always wants. Her way, or no way.
A team and their behavior on and off the court is a reflection of the coach. To say LSU is full of angels wouldn’t be the truth at all but nor is there a head coach. Before you start blaming others and pointing the fingers at others, Mulkey needs to look in the mirror and point the finger inward, as the only constant in everything at Baylor or LSU, was her.

She needs to just shut up and coach her team.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/24 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:

Thank you for the link!!

Was there anything in that article that we didn't already know or have the opportunity to know (I didn't know about her dad or sis, but I didn't read her book)?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/24 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nancy Armour's take.

Quote:
Women are held to different standards, and that goes double for women who are successful. Quadruple for women who are successful in businesses traditionally dominated by men. A woman whose worth and value is not tied to a man is seen as a threat, and the response is almost always to belittle her accomplishments and scorn her actions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2024/03/30/kim-mulkey-personality-brings-criticism-no-male-coach-gets/73154743007/

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 03/31/24 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
The thing I love is that no paper worth its salt is going to go to press without having a story like what Mulkey implied thoroughly vetted and cleared by their legal department

The WaPo has long since lost the benefit of the doubt

Ditto for Kim Mulkey. I wouldn't believe a word she says. Even if she told me water is wet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: