RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Anybody Going to Cleveland?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/18/24 10:31 pm    ::: Anybody Going to Cleveland? Reply Reply with quote

If you can, you might as well stay and extra day and take in the solar eclipse while you're there.

Will be interesting to see how Cleveland does with hotel rooms and traffic.

I've been seeing all knds of articles around here to make sure that you have gas, food and patience. We're not even in totality where I'm at. A lot of schools are cancelling because parents are taking their kids out of school.

I wonder if anybody at the NCAA or in Cleveland thought about the two events coinciding when they booked the Final Four??

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/19/24 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not bloody likely. I'll be watching from the comfort of my couch, as always.

PostPosted: 03/20/24 4:16 am    ::: Re: Anybody Going to Cleveland? Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
If you can, you might as well stay and extra day and take in the solar eclipse while you're there.

I've been seeing all knds of articles around here to make sure that you have gas, food and patience. We're not even in totality where I'm at. A lot of schools are cancelling because parents are taking their kids out of school.

I wonder if anybody at the NCAA or in Cleveland thought about the two events coinciding when they booked the Final Four??

two events being final four and solar eclipse????!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/20/24 5:17 am    ::: Re: Anybody Going to Cleveland? Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

two events being final four and solar eclipse????!

Yes. From what I'm hearing where I'm at, traffic will be crazy and good luck finding a hotel room. I just did a quick search on Expedia and staying in Cleveland from April 5 to April 8 will run you $800-1,200+. And a lot of those only have one room left.

More will open up if Cleveland is forecast to have rainy, cloudy weather and eclipse chasers decide to go somewhere else or to stay home. Will be interesting to hear complaints when people try to get hotel rooms and find out that there aren't any.

I'm hearing about gas shortages expected because of all of the people that will be travelling to areas of totality, so you know prices will go up.

When the 2017 eclipse went through, I read where people were stuck in traffic f o r e v e r.

From the top of a Google search for "traffic jams aug 2017 eclipse"

Quote:
Across the country, Interstate highways near the path of totality experienced traffic congestion shortly after the eclipse, with longer-than-normal travel times on Interstate highways. For example, travel from Casper, Wyoming, to Denver, Colorado— normally a 4-hour trip—took 10 hours or more.

This will happen Monday afternoon/evening, but you can get an idea of the number of extra people that will be in town, maybe not so much Friday/Saturday, but I'd think Saturday evening and Sunday will be crazy.

I found this from two years ago.

Quote:
She expects hundreds of thousands of people to flock to Northeast Ohio for the total eclipse.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/a-once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity-cleveland-in-path-of-totality-for-2024-solar-eclipse

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: