RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#22 Louisville @ #17 Notre Dame - 3/03/24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/03/24 12:27 am    ::: #22 Louisville @ #17 Notre Dame - 3/03/24 Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame, IN - 2:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN (Pam Ward, Kelly Gramlich)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=04a20073-4307-4413-bec6-9f97a6713e48 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://v7player.wostreaming.net/8861
https://www.fightingirish.com/radio

Live stats:
http://statb.us/b/491903

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/03/24 11:58 am    ::: Re: #22 Louisville @ #17 Notre Dame - 3/03/24 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Notre Dame, IN - 2:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN (Pam Ward, Kelly Gramlich)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=04a20073-4307-4413-bec6-9f97a6713e48 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://v7player.wostreaming.net/8861
https://www.fightingirish.com/radio

Live stats:
http://statb.us/b/491903

Looking forward to this game!!!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/03/24 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kind of surprised that they didn't look at Watson's left arm on that foul by L'ville.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/03/24 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That last 3 second violation was on KK, not Watson.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/03/24 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Walz with a strange TO about 1:30 into the 3rd.

ND had tied the game with 7 straight points, then UL comes back with a 3 and an immediate TO by Walz. He may want that back later.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/03/24 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watson with a MONSTER screen for HH.

So glad that they didn't call a foul.

No idea what Niele said at the half, but, WOW!!!! ND took it to heart. 32 points in the first 5 minutes.

HH just took a cross check at midcourt after a steal. I'd be on the way to the ER after that.

UL has missed 14 straight shots. Wow.

ND outscored UL 30-10 in the third. It would have been 30-6 if not for a foul and steal that gave the Cards 4 points in the last :45.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/03/24 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll admit, I haven't seen JuJu play, but I just can't imagine that she could be NFOY over HH.

Points, steals, rebounds, assists, runs the offense, sets the tone on defense, cleans the floor and entertains!!!!! She gets her hands on so many passes, her pressure on the ball handler is so disruptive and takes time off of the clock so the offense has so little time to operate.

She draws so many fouls on the defense (I'd have to go through the box score to see how many she's drawn today). KG just said she's drawn 7 fouls today. I think that it's been way more that didn't put her on the line.

Just amazing!!!!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/03/24 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't stand UL (more accurately Walz), but to be fair to them, they did have trouble getting to ND today.

But to be fair, shortly after takeoff yesterday, their plane's windshield cracked and they didn't get out of L'ville until today.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/03/24 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I'll admit, I haven't seen JuJu play, but I just can't imagine that she could be NFOY over HH.

Points, steals, rebounds, assists, runs the offense, sets the tone on defense, cleans the floor and entertains!!!!! She gets her hands on so many passes, her pressure on the ball handler is so disruptive and takes time off of the clock so the offense has so little time to operate.

She draws so many fouls on the defense (I'd have to go through the box score to see how many she's drawn today). KG just said she's drawn 7 fouls today. I think that it's been way more that didn't put her on the line.

Just amazing!!!!

I've watched both play. To me, Hidalgo wins by a hair due to how disruptive her defense is. Both players play both sides and are unbelievable on offense. USC needs Juju to score more, though it seems her team is improving around her.

~rAf
PG4ever

PostPosted: 03/03/24 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="readyAIMfire53"]
Ex-Ref wrote:

Just amazing!!!!

If you saw JuJu play, I think you'd be able to imagine her winning it over Hidalgo. I've seen both play as well and to me, it's a tie. Smile If either one were to win it, I wouldn't argue against it. I do think JuJu is more pro-ready today than HH though.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/03/24 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="PG4ever"]
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Just amazing!!!!

If you saw JuJu play, I think you'd be able to imagine her winning it over Hidalgo. I've seen both play as well and to me, it's a tie. Smile If either one were to win it, I wouldn't argue against it. I do think JuJu is more pro-ready today than HH though.

Well that makes sense to me. Seems like it is an easier transition for anyone that isn't a point guard. And at 5'6" HH is going to have a tough go in the pros, I think. I think that there is a place for her, but she's not going to do what she's doing at ND.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/04/24 2:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="PG4ever"]
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Just amazing!!!!

It really is a VERY close call between the 2. I'm neither a Bruin nor a Irish fan, but I'll watch every game of theirs I can, just to see either of those 2 play. They ARE the next Caitlin Clark heiresses.

Frankly, isn't it possible that they could both be named CO-FOY?

PostPosted: 03/04/24 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Well that makes sense to me. Seems like it is an easier transition for anyone that isn't a point guard. And at 5'6" HH is going to have a tough go in the pros, I think. I think that there is a place for her, but she's not going to do what she's doing at ND.

I remember many years ago watching a PG in the WNBA who was really feisty on defense, particularly when it came to steals. It was Debbie Black and she was listed at 5'2.5" (I guess at that height, they want to emphasize the extra half inch Wink ). When asked about her lack of height, she said, "At some point the ball has to hit the ground and when it does, I'll be there."

Out of curiosity, I did a quick search on the WNBA site. Heights of some WNBA players:

Jordin Canada, Atlanta Dream: 5'6"
Crystal Dangerfield, Dallas Wings: 5'5"
Dana Evans, Chicago Sky: 5'6"
Moriah Jefferson, Connecticut Sun: 5'6"
Aari McDonald, LA Sparks: 5'6"

That's a large enough number of players (and judging by the playing time when I looked at them, most aren't bench warmers) that I'd think a top level player at 5'6" who is breaking records (ND and ACC) right and left as a freshman would likely do well in the WNBA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: