Board Junkies Forums

2024 Olympic Qualifying Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mred

PostPosted: 02/12/24 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
The rest of the Game 2s:
It then goes to points scored in common games so Serbia is stuck at 138. If Brazil wins by 7 while scoring 74 or more, they and Serbia advance. If they win by 7 while scoring 72 or less, Germany and Serbia advance. If they win 73-66, Germany advances, but I am a little bit confused about whether head to head is applied between Brazil and Serbia or if the results against Australia then start to count.

It's moot now, but if there's a three-way tie and a tiebreaker separates one team from the other two, the tiebreaker is restarted with the other two so the head-to-head result breaks that tie. So a 73-66 Brazil win would have resulted in Serbia advancing due to Serbia's h2h win over Brazil.

https://www.fiba.basketball/documents/official-basketball-rules/current.pdf

Page 79, section D.1.3 has the tiebreaker steps, and D.1.4 explains that the tiebreaker is restarted when a three-way tie is cut down to two.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/12/24 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
In a post-game interview, Lauren Jackson revealed that she will not be a part of the Opals 12 for Paris.

She had previously retired from Opals duties after the 2022 World Cup, so I guess she was in Brazil just to help secure the ticket to Paris, but understands that her body isn't up to a full Olympic campaign.
Pretty selfless move by her, because had she put her hand up to play I doubt they would have left her out.

I guess you can call it selfless. It's certainly selfless by comparison to Taurasi... The whole thing still seemed kinda Look-At-Me-Louise to me: "Well, I guess I'll have to bail y'all out (again), to make sure you qualify for Paris..."

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 02/16/24 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
In a post-game interview, Lauren Jackson revealed that she will not be a part of the Opals 12 for Paris.

She had previously retired from Opals duties after the 2022 World Cup, so I guess she was in Brazil just to help secure the ticket to Paris, but understands that her body isn't up to a full Olympic campaign.
Pretty selfless move by her, because had she put her hand up to play I doubt they would have left her out.

Happy retirement, LJ!! Glad you could choose, instead of an injury choosing for you like the previous retirement Smile .

Shades

PostPosted: 02/16/24 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are there free archives of the entire qualifying tournament games (not just highlights). I’m looking for the technical by Kardoso to Sabally, and they aren’t showing that on the highlights.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/16/24 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Are there free archives of the entire qualifying tournament games (not just highlights). I’m looking for the technical by Kardoso to Sabally, and they aren’t showing that on the highlights.

I haven't seen the full game posted but here is the play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4JlgTMDeRw&ab_channel=WomenHooping

Shades

PostPosted: 02/16/24 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: