RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who should be the starting 5 for UVA?????......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoos#1

PostPosted: 01/10/06 1:55 pm    ::: Who should be the starting 5 for UVA?????...... Reply Reply with quote

Who should be the starting 5 for UVA?????......

Right now, the starting 5 for UVA is:

1 - Zoll
2 - Granberry
3 - McGuire
4 - Sardin
5 - Williams

.............i want UVA to WIN!!!!! They have the talent, but not the right line-up. I have been to almost everygame and I cannot believe Debbie keeps the line-up and rotation she has been starting and playing!! The true line-up should be:

1 - Zoll
2 - Granberry...(sub Stovall quickly if Granberry shoots to much!!)
3 - Sardin.....put her back in her true position so she can slash baseline and have 20 every game istead of 10!!!!
4 - Littles.....WHY IS DEBBIE NOT STARTING THE FRESHMAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR???, AND ONE OF THE TOP 3 REBOUNDERS IN THE ACC????
5 - Williams.....

Someone help Debbie out before ACC play gets in full swing and the Cavs pick up more losses!!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/10/06 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to see UVa go small and quick against NC State so that their defense can pressure the unsteady ballhandlers (Pope and Key) that State has. I'd go with:

G Zoll
G Kenion
G Granberry
F Sardin
C Williams

However, I'd also like to see that Khaddijah Whittington is contained early on. I might go with:

G Zoll
G Granberry
F Sardin
F Littles
C Williams

This would enable UVa to have a bit of a post presence to offset Stansbury and Whittington and hopefully draw early fouls on those two inside players.

Notice how Brenna McGuire's out of the equation in both instances. If UVa wants to stretch the defense, let Nae stroke a few more three-pointers. She leads the team in 3-point percentage anyway.

I wouldn't panic if I were you. Yes, the FSU loss was tough. However, the defense still played okay while the offense reeked. There won't be many nights like that for the Cavaliers, especially at home. I look for Virginia to win their first ACC game of the season this Friday versus NC State. They actually have a chance to do something special: knock off three ranked teams within a week. I'd like to believe that they will do so.

Mathies to LA 2013
hoos#1

PostPosted: 01/10/06 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to see them knock off some top doggs also....but if Brenna and Takisha stay in the line-up and shoot out of control like they have been... and Littles stays out of the line-up.......it will not happen!!!!!!

Off to coach now.......UVA GO HOOS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/10/06 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about:

G Zoll
G Kenion
F Sardin
F Littles
C Williams

That might work against 'State.

Maybe it's just me, but Antonelli and Mowins sure seem to forget that 'State plays Virginia on Friday. I hope NC State's looking ahead to UNC as well. This is a good chance for the Cavaliers to steal one from the Wolfpack. Smile

Mathies to LA 2013
hoos#1

PostPosted: 01/11/06 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kenion would be okay if she could stay under control. I think she has the same attitude as Brenna and Keisha......"i gotta score".....she is way better defensively than Keisha or Brenna, but she can get trigger happy and not look to the posts as much like the others. For just one game I would love for Debbie to start Zoll, Granberry, Sardin, Littles, and Williams....and really look to get the ball Sardin, Littles, and Williams.....and if the others start to shhot to much, or force up stupid shots......then sit them. If Debbie would focus her offense around those three, and let the others chip in a little here and there.......I think you'd see UVA at its finest!!! If they played that way I think they could maybe pull off an upset against UNC.....if they keep Lata under 20 points.....

but.....I just have way to much respect for Curry.......she is to good.....I think to beat Duke...that would take a big fat miracle.....there is way to much talent to stop......

as for the Duke UT match-up.........if anyone thinks UT is gonna win.......HAHAHAHA!!!! NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zollman can't even find her game now because she is sharing the court with tooo many other superstars!!!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/11/06 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Debbie's first step will be to get Brenna McGuire out of the starting lineup and then get more minutes for Lyndra Littles. Virginia will be okay after that change against the middle-tier and bottom-dweller ACC teams.

In order for Virginia to beat Carolina, they must take away all of Latta's other scoring options. Let Latta jack up shots at will. However, the Cavaliers MUST shut down everyone else. One way to do this would be to eliminate live ball turnovers on their end while forcing live ball turnovers on defense. If Latta goes for 30 but can't run with her teammates and doesn't have any assists, they can't win. Debbie needs the Baylor tape so that she can see what Baylor's Chelsea Whitaker (a former Cavalier) was able to do against Latta last season.

I don't see how Virginia can beat Duke, especially since Duke will try to make the game a half-court slugfest. I agree with you on Tennessee's fate in Cameron Indoor Arena...simply not going to happen.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: