RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Why does Dawn Staley get a pass
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: 01/05/24 9:00 am    ::: Why does Dawn Staley get a pass Reply Reply with quote

Why does Dawn Staley get a pass on being a good sport and a good person? She commented on the Iowa-MSU game accusing the refs of throwing the game, and no one is calling her out on being such a poor sport and a sore loser. Its like when the BYU racism accusation got dis proven, she still got no blow back from massively over-reacting before the truth came out. She is becoming a petty tyrant to the sport and everyone turns the other way because she is black and no one wants to be called out as racist, but Mulkey deals with an internal team problem without informing the media and she is hung in effigy and pilloried on here for being horrible when she is demonstrably no worse than Staley, and in many ways not as bad.

PostPosted: 01/05/24 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why are you always trying to start shit?

PostPosted: 01/05/24 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sir, the airing of grievances was last month, please wait until next Festivus

PostPosted: 01/05/24 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Coach Staley and don't feel the need to defend her here but people like Michael should learn more about who Staley is and where she's coming from. Speaking of which, if you didn't catch Staley on The Pivot podcast months ago (after last year's Final Four), here's a link to it. Great episode. I highly recommend it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFeQIIVCmyw

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 01/05/24 10:11 pm    ::: Re: Why does Dawn Staley get a pass Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
She is becoming a petty tyrant to the sport and everyone turns the other way because she is black and no one wants to be called out as racist...

Sigh.

elsie

PostPosted: 01/06/24 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

people can't even face the truth....making excuses....we all know why Staley gets away with her terrible behavior......we all know.......and everybody on this board knows as well......

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/06/24 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
people can't even face the truth....making excuses....we all know why Staley gets away with her terrible behavior......we all know.......and everybody on this board knows as well......

Are you Michael's mother, or just his alter ego?

PostPosted: 01/06/24 1:26 pm    ::: Re: Why does Dawn Staley get a pass Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
no one is calling her out on being such a poor sport and a sore loser.

How is she being a sore loser if her team wasn’t involved in this game?

She was just giving her opinion (which matched the color commentator’s opinion) that the foul shouldn’t have been called a shooting foul since the player wasn’t in a shooting motion. MSU had a foul to give, so Iowa should have been given the ball at side out of bounds instead of three FT’s. I agree with that assessment, so I applaud Staley for trying to educate the referees. At times like that, the referees can really adversely affect the outcome of a game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/06/24 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm 50 50 on her. She does a lot of good and sometimes does bring real racism to light. OTOH she calls every single negative comment about her or her team as racism. It gets old.

I also don't think it's appropriate for any coach to talk about the reffing in any game.

Michael

PostPosted: 01/06/24 4:39 pm    ::: Re: Why does Dawn Staley get a pass Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michael wrote:

She was just giving her opinion (which matched the color commentator’s opinion) that the foul shouldn’t have been called a shooting foul since the player wasn’t in a shooting motion. MSU had a foul to give, so Iowa should have been given the ball at side out of bounds instead of three FT’s. I agree with that assessment, so I applaud Staley for trying to educate the referees. At times like that, the referees can really adversely affect the outcome of a game.

What reason did she have to even comment on it publicly? It makes her look like she's still sore about Iowa beating them last year and upset that even though her team is ranked number 1 they are not one of the top stories in the sport at the moment. Any other coach making negative comments about another team that had ended their previous season would be mocked on here endlessly, especially if it were Mulkey commenting on USCar. There was no good reason for her to speak out on this game. It is just her being petty trying to demean Iowa and try to get some attention back on herself because she is jealous that someone else has the spotlight.

PostPosted: 01/06/24 5:12 pm    ::: Re: Why does Dawn Staley get a pass Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michael wrote:

What reason did she have to even comment on it publicly? It makes her look like she's still sore about Iowa beating them last year and upset that even though her team is ranked number 1 they are not one of the top stories in the sport at the moment. Any other coach making negative comments about another team that had ended their previous season would be mocked on here endlessly, especially if it were Mulkey commenting on USCar. There was no good reason for her to speak out on this game. It is just her being petty trying to demean Iowa and try to get some attention back on herself because she is jealous that someone else has the spotlight.

Waah waah waah. Pay no attention to the guy behind the curtain. He just hates Dawn, that's all.

PostPosted: 01/06/24 7:36 pm    ::: Re: Why does Dawn Staley get a pass Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Michael wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michael wrote:

Waah waah waah. Pay no attention to the guy behind the curtain. He just hates Dawn, that's all.

She makes it easy to dislike her.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Michael

PostPosted: 01/06/24 7:39 pm    ::: Re: Why does Dawn Staley get a pass Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Michael wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michael wrote:

She makes it easy to dislike her.

The thing is I don't dislike her YET, but she is becoming more and more unlikeable the older she gets. But SJWs who are willfully blind and deaf like STB think it all boils down to hate and some ISM bcause that is how THEY think, most of us outgrew that sort of black and white victimhood mentality in elementary school.

PostPosted: 01/06/24 7:58 pm    ::: Re: Why does Dawn Staley get a pass Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:

A troll is a troll is a troll. [ignore please]

~rAf
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 01/06/24 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not loving RebKell's new MAGA vibe.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/06/24 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:

Shocked

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 01/06/24 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:

So, it's not just me?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/06/24 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:

They're letting pure trolls in and doing nothing about them.

~rAf
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/06/24 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

They're letting pure trolls in and doing nothing about them.

And people are being attacked and name called and nothing is being done about it.

You could be educating, but you choose not to. All you want to do is attack and play the victim. It's old.

And so am I and I don't have time for it.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/07/24 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:

I'm not loving Rebkell's new MICHAEL vibe.

PostPosted: 01/08/24 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

_____X

I miss the good ole moderated days to keep folks in line....

PostPosted: 01/08/24 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

_____X

THIS^^^^^^^

PostPosted: 01/08/24 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

_____X

You mean like people getting put in timeout for direct personal attacks such as the STB post you quoted? I miss that too.

PostPosted: 01/08/24 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

_____X

You mean like people getting put in timeout for direct personal attacks such as the STB post you quoted? I miss that too.

We wouldn't be having this discussion if it weren't for the posts a certain person whosse handle begins with M has made.....

PostPosted: 01/08/24 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

_____X

Does not change the fact that if the moderator came back, YOU and those like you would be the ones facing discipline, not me. Just because I bring up subjects you don't want discussed doesn't give you the right to attack people and try to shut down the discussion.

We wouldn't be having this discussion if it weren't for the posts a certain person whosse handle begins with M has made.....

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: