RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#24 North Carolina vs #17 Connecticut - 12/10/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/10/23 3:30 am    ::: #24 North Carolina vs #17 Connecticut - 12/10/23 Reply Reply with quote

Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Showcase
Uncasville, CT - 5:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Ryan Ruocco, Rebecca Lobo)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/1708f963-55fe-45bc-aa90-1e34bfbdac4f#bucketId=7958 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/feed/source/oas-1502?audioPlayer=uconn%3Aallaccess-Live-6243

Live stats:
https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=494544

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
singinerd54

PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this is a good litmus test for us. NC State, UCLA, and Texas were clearly above our level, but NC State and UCLA at least have demonstrated they're legit top 5 candidates. If we are a Top 25 team, I think we need to win this game, or at least be close and competitive throughout.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/10/23 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two surgically efficient offenses in Q1: combined 3 assists and 13 turnovers.

Muhl: 0 on everything except 3 turnovers and 2 fouls.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/10/23 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The UConn offensive typhoon rains down 17 points in the 2Q.

Bueckers with 17 of UConn's 36 halftime points (47.2%), although she has done it with the civility of hitting 7 of 9 shots.
singinerd54

PostPosted: 12/10/23 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I have come to terms that the offense isn't going to get much better, both from an organization/efficiency and individual skillset standpoint.

I'm rather going to try and keep the bar low enough where I can be pleasantly surprised. In that vein:
1) Paige did have to score the bulk of the points, but they were relatively easy for her to come by. Many of them came in the flow of the offense, off passes from her teammates, etc. Didn't require a ton of hero ball that we've needed/seen in previous games.
2) Shade has been assertive in looking for her shot.
3) Arnold just made a 3 Shocked Very Happy

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/10/23 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paintgirl Paige ties Maya Moore's UConn record for reaching 1000 career points in the fewest games, with an amazing variety of circus drives. Did they say 53 or 55 games? Too bad she'll not reach 2000, unless she stays an extra year.

Paige is UConn's best 1, 2, 3 and 5. Edwards is the best 4.
mercfan3

singinerd54 wrote:
I think I have come to terms that the offense isn't going to get much better, both from an organization/efficiency and individual skillset standpoint.

I'm rather going to try and keep the bar low enough where I can be pleasantly surprised. In that vein:
1) Paige did have to score the bulk of the points, but they were relatively easy for her to come by. Many of them came in the flow of the offense, off passes from her teammates, etc. Didn't require a ton of hero ball that we've needed/seen in previous games.

I think our offense will get better. We have three freshman playing important minutes, that’ll look different in March.

If Paige can get back to this level regularly (which, she deserves grace here), we’re a top 5 team.

Arnold has made 4 of 6 threes. I feel like she should take more Laughing

We need to do better at team rebounding. That’s the only issue with the four guard lineup. That being said, this lineup may actually be able to get enough steals to make up for the rebounding.

singinerd54 wrote:

I think our offense will get better. We have three freshman playing important minutes, that’ll look different in March.

If Paige can get back to this level regularly (which, she deserves grace here), we’re a top 5 team.

Arnold has made 4 of 6 threes. I feel like she should take more Laughing

We need to do better at team rebounding. That’s the only issue with the four guard lineup. That being said, this lineup may actually be able to get enough steals to make up for the rebounding.

PostPosted: 12/10/23 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn barely avoids the worst and most scaredy-cat fourth quarter in UConn history, but a good win overall. Bueckers was superb on offense and defense.

Brady seems to have become DeBerry's roommate.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/11/23 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Bueckers was supposed to be out for the year again. Am I seeing things, or am I mistaken?

PostPosted: 12/11/23 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I thought Bueckers was supposed to be out for the year again. Am I seeing things, or am I mistaken?

Bueckers is back after sitting out all last season with an ACL repair. You may be thinking of Azzi Fudd, who tore her ACL early this season (again) and will be out for the entire year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: