RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Connecticut @ North Carolina St - 11/12/23
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/11/23 8:42 pm    ::: #2 Connecticut @ North Carolina St - 11/12/23 Reply Reply with quote

Raleigh, NC - 3:00 PM ET
TV: ABC (Ryan Ruocco, Rebecca Lobo)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/ef6a663c-0124-4ffc-a90c-c29314facf30#bucketId=7958 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1060/content/ncsu:allaccess-Live-10764

Live stats:
https://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=ncst

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/12/23 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn 25-16 at 1Q, but getting significantly out-rebounded (13-7). Not surprising when you play four guards and 6-2or3 Edwards.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 11/12/23 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am a fan of this Qadence Samuels.

PostPosted: 11/12/23 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am so happy for Saniya Rivers. What a talent.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn barely 43-42 at the half, when lots of folks predicted a rout. UConn's offense and especially defense . . . (what's the technical term?) . . . suck.
NCSt out-shooting UConn, 52% to 46%, and out-rebounding them, 22-15.

Fudd, Ducharme and Brady shooting 3-13. Brady still not showing me anything as a shooter or rebounder. Arnold still not showing an outside shot. Nor does Bueckers seem to be an outside threat. Her outside shots, including her FT's, are either flat or short. That indicates not enough leg into the shots, which could implicate her twice-damaged shooting knee.

I'm being especially critical of UConn, for this one half, because they are touted as being the number 1 team. They're not showing that against the Wolfack unknowns. Perhaps things will turn around in the second half for UConn. That's how it often goes for the SCarDozer.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I am a fan of this Qadence Samuels.

I wanted to ask, Didi is that you?😁

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tough shot on that turnaround!!!!!!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn losing at the 3Q, 57-62. They are showing no inside height to paint protect or rim protect on defense, to rebound, or to provide a consistent centrifugal offense. Stop Edwards → stop UConn is working for unranked NCSt in this game.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
UConn losing at the 3Q, 57-62. They are showing no inside height to paint protect or rim protect on defense, to rebound, or to provide a consistent centrifugal offense. Stop Edwards → stop UConn is working for unranked NCSt in this game.

How tall is Edwards really?

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Everyone outside of Bueckers, Samuels, and Muhl has been abysmal…and Muhl has simply been okay, and Bueckers hasn’t been magical.

Not a great game..

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You have to give NC State a lot of credit here. They are rising to the challenge, and look very prepared and disciplined today for this game. More times in the past than anyone can count, opponents - even highly ranked opponents - have played intimidated by the CT "mystique", and were overwhelmed. But not this team today, even if they should lose this, which now doesn't look likely.....

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

State up 12 in the 4Q.

Fudd can't create and has not shown any empirical evidence in her college career that she is more than a somewhat above average 3pt shooter. Ducharme hasn't shown empirical evidence of being even average. Notwithstanding the hype to the contrary from Storrs.

Bueckers can't shoot layups with her bandaged left hand. On left side drives she has to contort her body to put it up righty, and has been doing that well, considering.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many charges have been called against UConn? I haven't watched the entire game, but I'm thinking that I've seen 4.

Never noticed this before, but ESPN is just showing the offensive fouls as "fouls" followed by "turnover." Does the play by play go back later and update which ones are offensive fouls?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 11/12/23 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many McDonald All-American's on each team?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 11/12/23 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
You have to give NC State a lot of credit here. They are rising to the challenge, and look very prepared and disciplined today for this game. More times in the past than anyone can count, opponents - even highly ranked opponents - have played intimidated by the CT "mystique", and were overwhelmed. But not this team today, even if they should lose this, which now doesn't look likely.....

They played a great game..and Rivers has been great. They deserve to be ranked.

I’m hoping UConn learns a lot from this game too.

PostPosted: 11/12/23 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, this is certainly surprising.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/12/23 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Convincing win for Wolfpack, 92-81. They outplayed UConn in every aspect of the game. Better coached, better execution. Saniya Rivers was the best player on the court.

I'd now put UConn somewhere in the #10-15 in the country. They can improve but they can't overcome their lack of height.

South Carolina is clearly the best team in the country, in my opinion. The have a better front court, back court, offense, defense, and bench than anyone I've seen so far.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/12/23 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did NCST gave out light sabers for the game??

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/12/23 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's funny, some of these fanbases. Coming into the game, CT fans said they were going to rout NC State. After this game, they are now saying that it is a joke that NC State came into this game un-ranked.

While this might have some truth to it, NC State lost their top 4 offensive producers from last years team that finished 22-23 un-ranked in both polls. If they had come into this game ranked in the top 25, that truly would have been the joke. But now, they will be ranked in the next poll, and will have reason to be.....

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/12/23 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

How tall is Edwards really?

Her braided extensions are 6-4........

Tally24

PostPosted: 11/12/23 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think, for better or worse, put Ice in the starting lineup at the 4.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 11/12/23 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
State up 12 in the 4Q.

Fudd can't create and has not shown any empirical evidence in her college career that she is more than a somewhat above average 3pt shooter. Ducharme hasn't shown empirical evidence of being even average. Notwithstanding the hype to the contrary from Storrs.

Bueckers can't shoot layups with her bandaged left hand. On left side drives she has to contort her body to put it up righty, and has been doing that well, considering.

Serious question..is it possible Fudd the 3rd best three point shooter on the team? (After Bueckers and Samuels)

I think we lost the player Caroline was going to be about 4 concussions ago. Now I wouldn’t be surprised if she sees less and less minutes as the season goes on.

PostPosted: 11/12/23 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Out-rebounded CT 41-29, and out-shot-blocked them 6-0. Seems like the same song played again Sam for CT: no depth in the post, all guard-initiated offense. And CT is too streaky a perimeter-shooting team, for that to bode well for the Huskies this season, unless they improve substantially from past experiences.

They'll still be expected to route the lesser opponents on their schedule, and in their conference. But against the better opponents with post depth.....

pilight

PostPosted: 11/12/23 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hussies will need better defense to beat good teams

PostPosted: 11/12/23 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
I am so happy for Saniya Rivers. What a talent.

I think sometimes that Dawn must regret losing her. She's a dynamo....some rough edges (FT, 3s) but tons o' raw talent.

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'd now put UConn somewhere in the #10-15 in the country. They can improve but they can't overcome their lack of height.

I dunno....teams DO that. Look at the success of Iowa and Indiana last year: neither of their star posts was over 6'2". What was lacking in this game, imo, was the dazzling, sparkly synchronicity we typically saw in former seasons for UConn. Is that even revive-able?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: