RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fever @ Liberty - 5/18/24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/18/24 1:22 am    ::: Fever @ Liberty - 5/18/24 Reply Reply with quote

Brooklyn, NY - 1:00 PM ET
TV: ABC

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401620227#bucketId=7947

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/256499

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022400010/IND-vs-NYL

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 05/18/24 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark looking much better this game. 3 turnovers but she is handling Laney's pressure (aka "being physical" aka bullying) much better. 10 points already in the first quarter. And I think it helps that Mitchell started rather than Wheeler. Boston has more range and skill than I thought she did. Can shoot a 15 foot jumper and a turnaround jumper.

It started out with Indiana looking like it would be competitive. But New York was ahead by 11 after one and now has increased that by 9 to a 20 point lead at the half.

Laney drove straight into Clark, threw her hands up in the air and the ball dropped to the floor and they called a foul on Clark.

Last edited by tfan on 05/18/24 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
ucbart

PostPosted: 05/18/24 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boston will never be elite until she gets in shape. She looks like she's gained weight and is less in shape than last year. Her lack of fitness in college didn't matter, but she is winded out there and completely out of it.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/18/24 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Clark looking much better this game. 3 turnovers but she is handling Laney's pressure (aka "being physical" , aka bullying) much better. 10 points already in the first quarter.

She's hitting some shots but she's having trouble adjusting to the tighter passing windows. Stuff she got away with against Rutgers and Northwestern turns into easy turnovers at this level. She'll get the feel for it eventually. You might recall that Sue Bird led the W in turnovers in each of her first two seasons. She turned out OK.

PostPosted: 05/18/24 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm I might have to rethink my theory that Mitchell and Clark are a bad combo. They both seem to be playing much better with the other on the floor.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/18/24 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Hmmm I might have to rethink my theory that Mitchell and Clark are a bad combo. They both seem to be playing much better with the other on the floor.

They’re much better than Clark/Wheeler

Mitchell will run with Clark, they both want to go quick

Imo, the Clark/Mitchell/KLS/Boston/Fagbenle lineup is the best one the Fever has put out.

But they have the additional problem (outside of youth), that they are all small and nice. Teams are just going to beat the shit out of CC and Boston all year and the Fever aren’t going to do a thing about it.

PostPosted: 05/18/24 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark/Mitchell are a fine combo as long as you're not concerned with any of your other players getting a shot and you're OK with the opponents scoring 120 points/game.

PostPosted: 05/18/24 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grace Berger didn't play and Lexie Hull with 2 minutes. I would like to see Celeste Taylor get some minutes.

Clark with her career high: 22 points. 8 assists, 8 turnovers, 6 rebounds.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore/_/gameId/401620227

WNBA gate proceeds record set tonight according to Holly Rowe.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/18/24 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boston will never be elite until she gets in shape. She looks like she's gained weight and is less in shape than last year. Her lack of fitness in college didn't matter, but she is winded out there and completely out of it.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 05/18/24 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever should find a good wing defender that can hustle in the perimeter and can knock down some shots and find another big like a Natasha Howard type of player that can be physical inside and protect the rim.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/18/24 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boogiezen wrote:
Fever should find a good wing defender that can hustle in the perimeter and can knock down some shots and find another big like a Natasha Howard type of player that can be physical inside and protect the rim.

That sounds like a good idea for almost every team. Exactly where do you find them?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/18/24 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
boogiezen wrote:

That sounds like a good idea for almost every team. Exactly where do you find them?

Dallas has one, but she's out for 3-6 weeks.

Guess they really are hard to find.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 05/18/24 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
boogiezen wrote:

Tank again and trade the picks.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
tfan

PostPosted: 05/18/24 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d0Awva19OOQ?si=KSGnDBofi0j9huC5" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/18/24 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark kept trying to test Betnijah with the little off arm shoves and slaps, and if there is any defender in this league I would 7000% never trifle with, it is Betnijah Laney-Hamilton.

To the guy about three rows behind me: NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FUCKING PARLAY

PostPosted: 05/19/24 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d0Awva19OOQ?si=KSGnDBofi0j9huC5" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The teammate love 💗 connection between these two players just jumps out at you doesn’t it?
So happy together!🤲

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: